Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Question about compiler...

Just curious before I lay down the money...

What does the compiler provide that I can't do just by taking the projections that are on the fftoday website and plugging in my scoring system.

Not trying to be skeptical, I'm just trying to understand the value.

Thanks!

A lot more!!! It also lets you put in projections from 2 other sources and weight all the projection together or weight old stats into it. Also it figures the VBD for you. It also helps you during the draft keep track of what players have been picked. IT FLAT OUT ROCKS!!!

That was a brief description because I'm in a hurry, but it's well worth the $12-$15!!!

Chris

Hi Craig. (Thanks Chris.) I'm not sure too much else to say other than what we have on the Compiler page at FF Today. I'm not very good at the hard sell. Here is the feature list for each of the Compiler and Draft Buddy parts of the package:

Cheatsheet Compiler

> Custom fantasy scoring options to tailor to YOUR league

> 2003 projections from Mike Krueger of FF Today

> Includes 2000, 2001, 2002 full year and 2002 2nd half player stats

> Project 2003 player stats using optional weighted averages of prior year stats

> Input your own 2003 Stat Projections and/or Projections from up to 3 fantasy football websites or other sources

> Optional methods to create overall ranking cheatsheet, including Compiler Recommended, Stud RB and traditional methods

> Creates handy Depth Chart cheatsheet

> Shows each player's Bye Week on the cheatsheets

> Individual Defensive Player (IDP) capability

> Calculate tiers to see drop-offs in player value

> Full Auction League support

Draft Buddy

> Knock players off your Compiler created cheatsheets clean and easy so you can see who is left

> Tracks every team's roster with Bye Week and Salary Cap information

> Track your draft by inputting players using easy Drop-Down Lists

> Full Keeper and Dynasty league support

The biggest benefits I see are:

1. Time saver - You could build your own spreadsheet to calculate the scoring unique to your league, but for only a small price, why go through the trouble when it is already done? We'll be doing all the updates of Mike's projections too and making those available, for the one-time price, saving even more time.

2. Multiple leagues - If you play in multiple leagues, then the Compiler makes them very easy to manage. Just make copies of the file for each league you are in. Building your own spreadsheet, you're likely fooling around with formulas (depending how sophisticated you want to get). In the Compiler, just change the input boxes.

3. Draft Buddy - This should be my number 1 really. I love this thing. It keeps me way more organized while drafting than I could ever hope to be with pen and paper. I do think I'm making better drafting decisions as a result of using Buddy.

I could go on, but those are some of my main reasons why I think the Compiler/Buddy package offers really good value.

Hope you decide to join us. Cheers.