Sign in to follow this  
SmallRugMountain

Another suggestion to put compiler over the top...

Mike,

I have a suggestion that would put the compiler way over the top. Would it be possible to expand its usefulness across the entire season? What I'm thinking here is that once your league is set up, there is some sort of league manager feature that allows you to import a schedule or use a predesigned schedule. Then, after the draft is complete, the rosters are placed onto each 16 or 17 new worksheets for each week of the season, to keep track of scoring. That way, a person could not only use draft buddy/compiler to manage their draft, but to manage their league.

After this happens (if it is even a possibility), features such as automated scoring could be added where you only have to input a player's relevant weekly stats (or download them off a website). Also, drop down menues for player transactions would be cool as well.

The only thing that frightens me about this suggestion is the size of an excel file involved (after all those macros are added). But I thought it might be something to look into. I know people would probably be willing to pay twice the price for a piece of spreadsheet that manages their entire league. Plus, it'd be pretty cool.

Once again, the Compiler is looking fantastic this year. It was well worth the money.

-M.

Hi M. Thanks for the idea. I actually did consider some sort of league commish program that would be a cheap option for people who don't want to go web based for price, no access, or whatever reason. This was back when I thought I had "all the time in the world". LOL. No longer the case...

Plus, from what I started, I realized it would be a damn complicated system. The trick becomes making it so it will custom for any number of teams in one program. Not an easy task.

Not to mention, this industry is definitely entrenched in web based options for league management. It could be a neat little niche item, but probably tough to get a large audience interested. Of course, I said that about Draft Buddy thinking, "a few guys might like this." LOL ;)

I don't know. I'll have to re-assess next off-season.

Thanks so much for the kind words.