Sign in to follow this  
merc

Help Downloading

I have been trying to download this program for days. when I try to open it excel prompts me with: the file is not recognizable format. if i click ok it opens it with unreadable text, if i click cancel it does not open it and if i click help it only helps me with damaged files.

does anyone know what i am doing wrong????

thanks

Did you unzip it first?

The .zip extension means it is compressed and needs to be unzipped before you use it in Excel. Cheatsheet Compiler was compressed using WinZip, which is a popular compression program. You can download the evaluation version of WinZip which will allow you to unzip the file.

Winzip

Let me know if this helps...

Thanks Racdave! Couldn't have said it better myself ;)

I get an open with window & it doesn't work even with winzip download. draft in 30 min

i download the program and then i go to open it by double clicking it. a window comes up prompting which program to open it up with. i have no clue which program to open it with.

As long as you have unzipped the program first to create the file with .xls on the end (this is the one you should be trying to open), then that window is opening for one of two reasons. Either (a), you don't have Excel or (;), Windows does not associate files with .xls on the end with Excel.

Unfortunately, you need Excel to run the Compiler. If you have it and are still having problems, then try opening Excel, choose File > Open and browse to the file to open it from there. I don't know a lot about Windows and file associations, but I think that should work.

Oh, stupid me. If it is scenario (;) above, then when the "open with" window appears, just choose Microsoft Excel from the list.