Sign in to follow this  
veridian

How to use depth charts

I'm pretty new to FF. This will be my second year. I did all of the work by hand last year... and made my own overal chart and eventually became league champ (call it beginner's luck.) However, I have noticed that the Compiler creates a depth chart. How might one use that in a draft?

I won't have access to a computer, since we are doing an "in person" draft party and I do not own a laptop.

You can print out the depth charts and take them with you (They fit nicely on a page). They are mainly used for reference I would say. They are just showing you if a player is a starter or backup. Probably best for larger leagues where you're drafting deeper into the player pool. If you're mainly drafting "brand name" players you know they are all starters and probably don't need to worry about the depth charts.

Chris

Oh, so they're like a reorganized NFL Depth Chart. I just wasn't sure if they were the same thing.

Thanks!

Like Chris said, just another way to sort the data for reference. I would sometimes refer to them at the end of a really deep draft if I'm looking for certain positions where there might be some value if the starter went down or teams that are being ignored in the draft.

Being on one page is the really nice thing. Best organized depth charts anywhere. You can just chuckle to yourself while your buddies are flipping through 32 pages of depth charts to find the backup for Tomlinson :(

Thanks a lot. It'll be more likely that I'll use depth charts later in the season for palyer drop/adds. I don't think my league has a deep draft. Only 18 players on each roster, and only 12 go into our starting lineup.

Thanks again for all of the help. The Compiler has saved me TONS of time. I used to spend hours making up all of those charts in excel myself!