Sign in to follow this  
chaz88

Question 4 chtrich

Thanks for the file. I am trying to work this into the compiler but I am not anywhere close to being an excel expert. How do you enter the functions into a cell? Is the file you sent me set up so that I won't need to change the way the names are?

To start entering a function in Excel, just click on the cell you want it to work in, and type an equal "=" sign or plus "+" sign.

Best way to test if the names work or not is to set up the VLOOKUP formula and see if it works. You can always go back and change the names later without having to re-do the formulas if the VLOOKUP throws an error at you.

Mike thanks for the reply. I went to the site b and went to enter the function and started with "=" after I finished the actual cell name popped in right after the "=" and before the rest of the function. Also, does the excel sheet that I have the stats in have to be in the same folder as the compiler? What does the name have to be, anything? I am new at this. Thanks for your patience.

Chaz, No the file I sent is not necessarily set up to be just like Compiler. I got the file from someone else and thought it was handy. I actually just pulled my stats from FBG and FA because they had easy Excel sheets I could grab data from. Mike has some good links on this board of how to import data. I've just followed his advice as he's more than helpful and will get you going! Once you get one or two formulas down it's really easy. Just keep asking specific questions and you'll get there. I can be more help Monday as I actually have more time at work than I do at home with the family. :) Just post a topic Monday if you're still stuck and I'll see what I can do to help if Mike hasn't beaten me to it.

This stuff is the best!!! I got it figured out. So many options and configurations!! I love it!! Great product Mike!!!!!! :)