O-kay everyone................

Please read this thread........Link

After reading that..........please chose between the two options below:

1) Weighted Schedule - DrJ, krispy, JetDoc, Fubars, hellothere, cowboy

2) Rotating Schedule - Miller, Tuna, Miro, Serbian, TyCobb

1) Weighted schedule.

why cause fair doesn't work???

I vote #2

Nah, I'm perfectly fine with fair, which is why my vote stands.

1) Weighted schedule.

I vote #2

No that's a handycap. At least admit it. Calling an unbalance schedule "fair" is like saying my spotting you 10 points each time we play is fair b/c my team was better last year is "fair"!

1) Weighted schedule.

I vote #2

No that's a handycap. At least admit it. Calling an unbalance schedule "fair" is like saying my spotting you 10 points each time we play is fair b/c my team was better last year is "fair"!

I have no problem admitting it is what it is, a weighted schedule. Didn't you see me call it that in my vote? That's the most equitable system.

1) Weighted schedule.

I vote #2

I have no problem admitting it is what it is, a weighted schedule. Didn't you see me call it that in my vote? That's the most equitable system.

OK, before we litter this thread up to much, here's my final thoughts on it. I know what it is, and why you and others would want it. It's like having a golf handycap, the lesser player gets a built in advantage over the better player. It's meant to make everything equal (not fair, b/c fair would be the better golfer beating the shitty golfer by 10 strokes) and give everyone an equal chance. If we want to do that, great, make this league a redraft! Dynasty leagues are not meant to be equal, you build you team and you live with the results good or bad. You should not be installing handycaps to bolster the lesser teams chances, if you do, then you should just save yourself all the trouble of the league and make it a redraft, everything is equal and new each year.

I see and respect your side man, just don't agree with it. I work on my teams and take pride in their strength. I have no interest is giving away advantages I worked hard to get!

I like Miller's proposal, as I'm all for variety. I think both choices are an improvement over the stale schedule we had before. But, I'm going to keep my vote with the weighted schedule. The good teams will still earn their way into the playoffs over the course of a 13-game season.

I had never really thought about it, but a weighted schedule may make more sense.

I can't believe I'm actually going to side with DrJ for once... :pointstosky:

2)  Rotating Schedule - Miller, Tuna, Miro, Serbian, Hoos

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the owner that takes over for Hoos get the vote for that team?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the owner that takes over for Hoos to get the vote for that team?

I was just doing what was asked of me.

:huh:

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the owner that takes over for Hoos get the vote for that team?

I don't think Battle plans to fill the team until after his move, and I think he wants to have this settled before then.

HTH :thumbsup:

I don't think Battle plans to fill the team until after his move, and I think he wants to have this settled before then.

HTH :huh:

We should allow the new owner a vote on this and shouldn't open the waiver wire until we have said owner as well.

weighted sched.

Miller-Time was correct...........I wanted to have this resolved before I went off-line but I guess that ain't a happening.

Therefore.........by my power as commish (oooohhhhhh) :headbanger: ........we will wait for the new owner to vote on this topic.

But in the meantime..............Malcom still needs to vote.

go figure, 5 of the 6 for weighted will benefit from it :(

That's why a vote was not the way to settle this

If you believe everyone is voting only looking at the short term impact on their schedule. I assume that, like you did, people voted on what they believe the most appropriate system is long term.

What do you really think that someone like a Krispy or Folston gains from this in the short term anyways, besides an identical schedule and an equal shot at sending the other to the basement of the division?

go figure, 5 of the 6 for weighted will benefit from it :(

If you believe everyone is voting only looking at the short term impact on their schedule. I assume that, like you did, people voted on what they believe the most appropriate system is long term.

What do you really think that someone like a Krispy or Folston gains from this in the short term anyways, besides an identical schedule and an equal shot at sending the other to the basement of the division?

no, most are voting on the short term, can't tell me they are not by the results.

go figure, 5 of the 6 for weighted will benefit from it <_<

no, most are voting on the short term, can't tell me they are not by the results.

You could say the same for the other side. Every single team that voted to go with your rotating schedule benefits from it in the short term. Personally I think it's a bit arrogant to assume one side is looking out for the league's best interests while others are saying "look how much easier my schedule will be this year!". Everybody is going to benefit from or have a more difficult schedule at some point in time as a result of weighted, unless they plan on sucking for eternity.

If you really look, you also notice that the vast majority of teams that are voting one way or the other have been in that position for some time. Who were the playoff teams in 2003? That's right - it's 5 of the 6 same teams that were there this past year. Who were the playoff teams in 2002? Oh yeah - 5 of the 6 same teams. As a result, guys are going to have a bit different perspectives. The lower teams understand the difficulty of rebuilding while the others don't quite as much and seemingly would rather say "fock those lower ranked teams, I'm not giving a break to ANYBODY".

Parity is good, and it's pretty clear from the standings that overall this league hasn't had a lot of it. Most dynasty leagues don't.... The NFL finally has some and their league has certainly benefitted from it, and I don't think it's a problem to take a few pages from their playbook - they've been successful at it.

I never said it was one sided, it's split on who benefits where, which is the exact reason this is dumb as hell to vote on. JMO, but don't act like people are looking long term. And no parity is not good, it's a competition, if you want to be the best, beat them on a fair playing field not one meant to make things even. I don't want anything "given" to me, and don't think anything should be "given" to anyone else.

I could be 2-11 and still want the rotating, b/c it's fair to everyone. But not everyone is looking at it that way.

I was a playoff team two years ago, and even then I would have rather seen a weighted schedule than what we had. Same as I do now.

I was a playoff team two years ago, and even then I would have rather seen a weighted schedule than what we had. Same as I do now.

:lol:

If you've been paying attention - I traded my #1 pick. I am buying all of the crap that I've been talking, and I plan to be a contender each and every season. And still, I prefer weighted.

Whether you want to believe it or not Miller, I am thinking long term and I still prefer that system.

I was a playoff team two years ago, and even then I would have rather seen a weighted schedule than what we had.  Same as I do now.

:lol:

If you've been paying attention - I traded my #1 pick. I am buying all of the crap that I've been talking, and I plan to be a contender each and every season. And still, I prefer weighted.

Whether you want to believe it or not Miller, I am thinking long term and I still prefer that system.

Not saying you are not, I believe you are, but I'm not buying some of the votes.

Is the XDL weighted?

I was a playoff team two years ago, and even then I would have rather seen a weighted schedule than what we had.  Same as I do now.

:banana:

Not saying you are not, I believe you are, but I'm not buying some of the votes.

Is the XDL weighted?

No, in the XDL we have 14 teams so we can have a nice easy schedule of everyone playing each other once a season.

But I have historically favored the little guy in every vote possible despite being in the top teams every year. And those fockers STILL can't win. :sleep:

need votes from Ty and then Battle here, then we can set a date to open waivers! :cry:

go figure, 5 of the 6 for weighted will benefit from it ;)

b/c my team was suckass i would supposedly benefit, but i like playing everybody.

Plus who knows who is good year to year, but what i do know i circle certain games on my schedule every year.

The one thing i hated about Shula was it took 3 years for my team to play yours. We have improved on that i think,

I like board rivalries. lets vote preserve a variety of games.

As the newest member, my first order of business is to create a logjam.

I vote option #2) Rotating.

:blink:

As the newest member, my first order of business is to create a logjam.

I vote option #2) Rotating.

:banana:

Oh, great. Another contrarian.

It's a good thing the torrid ban scored you so many points. :mad:

I got five bucks that says we end in a tie.

If so, do we have a rock, scissors, and paper tournament to schedule for the weekend? :cheers:

If so, do we have a rock, scissors, and paper tournament to schedule for the weekend? :banana:

Will it be a weighted schedule?

:rolleyes:

If so, do we have a rock, scissors, and paper tournament to schedule for the weekend?  :lol:

Will it be a weighted schedule?

:dunno:

Legal paper or letter? :huh:

I need to put some more thought into this situation............... :rolleyes:

Why you ask? :lol:

Because if I chose "rotating schedules", then it is a dead tie. :ph34r:

If that happens I need to decide on whether to have a 2nd league vote or have our league government hash it out. :rolleyes: