Sign in to follow this  
zippychi

Allocation change problem...

I have entered projections into the compiler under Site B and Site C, by the way thanks for the Excel lesson to do this. Anyway, when I change the allocation percentage to use the other site projections the compiler is not calculating them. Although the total points projections seem right, they aren't used in the new allocation calculation.

Anyone else noticed this?

Does my rambling explanation make any sense?

Thanks.

Just noticed this...

When I change the allocation method, say to use Site B at 100%, the values in columns x thru ah go to zero. This appears to be the place where the allocation math should take place.

HELP!?

Hey zippychi, I think it works, but there is a suttle step you may have overlooked (not that I probably explained it very well, so you can blame me if you like ;)). If you have projections under Site B, then you have to make sure you input the number of games the projections are for beside each player in the Site B section (same for other sections). This would typically be 16, so put 16 in for the top player and copy it down for all other players on each tab.

The way the calculations work in columns X through AH (qb tab) is it takes the projections, multiplies by games indicated in column G and divides by games indicated for the projections you are using. Perhaps I should take this out. Originally it was done this way because if using prior year stats, typically I'd want to extrapolate results based on stats per game rather than just a straight cumulative. That is why if you use 100% 2001 stats, Ed McCaffrey comes out as the #1 WR. He was really good last year...in the one game he played...

Thanks Mike, that did it.

All that work of inputing 2 other sources wasn't for not. ;)

Just a sidenote, I had a problem with the players without projections, (example AJ Feeley), when I added the games (16) into the B adn C areas. It created an error in the fantasy points section, but by removing the games (16) for the players without projections the problem was solved.

Wow, do I ramble or what? Anyway, hope that made sense.