Sign in to follow this  
zippychi

More projection areas

Now that I have become quite proficient in using the VLOOKUP command, would it be possible to expand the number of other site projection areas? I considered just copy and pasting a few more into each position tab, but then realized that I couldn't figure out how to update the multitude of calculations to have it actually work.

Is this something you can do fairly easily Mike?

Thanks.

Hey man. Glad you're liking the VLOOKUP function. I'll turn all you guys into proficient Excel users before long ;)

You know, the very first Compiler I created way back 2 years ago now actually had space for projections from 5 different sources. It worked fine, but the problem was the file was just too huge for the extra benefit it provided.

It would be too difficult to explain or even think about all the things that would need to change to add in more sections to the current version. You'd need to add columns, change formulas in a lot of places and update the macros. Here is an idea though. Put projections from a couple sources in a separate Excel workbook and average them. Then pop the average from these projections into 1 section of the Compiler.

I figured it would probably be an insane amount of work. I will do as suggested. Thanks for the quick response.