Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** 2003 Version 2.1 Released! **

Version 2.1 of the FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy is ready for download!

For those of you that have already purchased the Compiler & Draft Buddy, you should have received an email containing instructions on how to get the updated version. Simply follow the instructions in the email or you may login by clicking the link below. You will be required to submit your Compiler Username and Password.

FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler - Version 2.1

If you purchased the FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler and did not receive your login info via email, please email compiler@fftoday.com Mike MacGregor a copy of your receipt that includes your PayPal transaction number or Yahoo Order No. and he will be glad to help.

New In Version 2.1

• Updated Offense, Team Defense, IDP projections, and Depth Chart data.

Haven't Purchased Yet?

You can find all the ordering and product info you need at the link below...

FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler

If you have any questions, we're here to help...

From the last newsletter:

<>==<>==<> Updating From A Prior Version Tip <>==<>==<>

With the new update, the obvious question is, what is the best way to update my old inputs to the new versions of the Compiler and Draft Buddy?

Currently, each update to the Compiler results in a whole new download. This means the custom scoring input in your prior version needs to be input again in this version. However, you can easily copy the scoring from the old version to new in only a couple of steps. Try this:

Open the old Compiler version and click on the scoring tab. Hit CTRL-A to select all, hit CTRL-C to copy. Then switch over to the scoring tab in the new Compiler version, click the cell in the very top left corner and hit CTRL-V (paste).

Do NOT do this for the Compiler inputs or Draft Buddy setup tabs.

However, you can do the copying/pasting for many other sections rather than the whole tab. For example, the box in the Buddy setup tab where you input the team and owner names. Or, the players input in the Buddy keepers tab. Or, the Pick Traded To and Pos/Player columns in Buddy if you added a lot of trades and keepers (by-passing the keepers tab) in your old version.

I can pretty much guarantee I will develop a better solution for this, but it is unlikely to be available this year since we are already into August.

<>==<>==<> Updating From A Prior Version Tip 2 <>==<>==<>

One of the best features of the Compiler is the ability to add projections from other websites or magazine, to average them together or just check for comparison to the FF Today projections. For those who went through the task of doing this, as described here:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/cgi-bin/ultim...c;f=20;t=000005

you’re probably wondering the best way to update this info from the old to new version of the Compiler. There are a couple options.

1. You could sort the player lists on the position tabs in each version. Since version 1.0, I don’t think any players were added except RB Tony Hollings (HOU), so they should all match up exactly except for him.

Start by selecting the cell in column A to the left of the first player on the position tab. Hit CTRL-SHIFT-END to highlight the whole area. While holding SHIFT, use the arrow keys to move the highlighted area to the last player line on the tab. Choose Data > Sort and sort by name (column C). Do the same for the other version. Then you can copy the projections you put in the last version, and paste them into the new version. Make sure to check they lineup with the player names properly.

2. You can use some VLOOKUP formulas to quickly reference the player name, and copy them over from one version to the other. This would be the same process as described in the above link, which many of you already have experience with.

k-j, we got you straightened out, right? How did the draft go?

Just wondering if you have any idea when the next update is going to be. Lots of happenings around the league this week and my draft is on Sunday. Have to say I love the product. Importing other sites info scares me a little and I thought I knew a lot about excel but still looks like it will be a big help during the draft.

tepoa58:

Just wondering if you have any idea when the next update is going to be.  Lots of happenings around the league this week and my draft is on Sunday.  Have to say I love the product.  Importing other sites info scares me a little and I thought I knew a lot about excel but still looks like it will be a big help during the draft.

i'm pretty anxious too, my draft is on saturday, and i would love to get an update before then :D

Thursday barring any unforseen power outages.