Sign in to follow this  
Mental

auction stats

The auction methodology looks pretty sound to me.

I like to track a couple more stats during my auctions: Cap Room Remaining Per Starter (= cap room remaining / # of starters needed), and Accumulated Value Differential per team (= Sum of Diffs for each team).

Any tips for integrating these into the Draft Buddy? I know adding rows and columns can be tricky.

Another thing I'd love to see would be the ability to "update" auction values throughout the draft.

If 5 top RBs all go for $10 more than my auction values, that's $50 that can't buy other players -- which means my values for them (the remaining players) are too high.

A function like this would be complicated, since you'd have to re-run your sheets on only the remaining players, I guess.

Hi Mental. Some great thoughts on the auctions. I'm not sure if I can add anything more this year (no time), but certainly I will take in all feedback for next year.

I'm looking at Buddy now though, and if you want to add these things, it looks like the by team tab would be a good spot, beside (left of) the Salary Cap Remaining figure.

The Remaining Per Starter formula you could probably do right from all info on this tab. For the sum of differences, try a formula:

=SUMIF('draft input'!H1067:H1078,1,'draft input'!T1067:T1078)

where:

- "1" is the team number of the team you are calculating the formula for, and

- "1078" is the last row in your draft input table