Sign in to follow this  
Pigskin Fanatic

Great Results!!!!

Mike, I just had my draft yesterday (in a 12 team league) and I went completely by the draft buddy (not something that I was really comfortable in doing but still willing to try anyways). The results that I have, which I will share, convinced me that along with a little draft day luck, buddy is really a valuable tool on draft day. I found that the tiering feature was extremely helpful in determining who to select between players with close projections. I just hope my other fellow league player do not decide to use buddy next year, thus taking away my advantage. Here is my draft results:

RD. Player Ranked on Buddy Comments

1 RB: C. Portis #3 RB #7 overall

2 WR: M. Harrison #1 WR #18 overall

3 QB: A. Brooks #4 QB #31 overall

4 WR: K. Robinson #10 WR #42 overall

5 RB: T. Hambrick #22 RB #55 overall

6 TE: T. Heap #3 TE #66 overall

7 RB: K. Barlow #27 RB

8 QB: K. Collins #12 QB

9 WR: M. Muhammad #26 WR

10 RB: T.J. Duckett #37 RB

11 RB: L. Toefield #45 RB Took sleeper pick

12 K: J. Carney #2 K

13 WR: K. Johnson #30 WR

14 DEF: Dallas #4 DEF

15 QB: J. Kitna #14 QB

16 DEF: Kouston #6 DEF

17 K: J. Brown #12 K

I feel that I had a successful draft getting players ranked very high on my draft buddy. I admit that some of it was luck, but most of my draft success was due to buddy & tiering. Thank you very much for all of your hard work Mike! My only request is that for next year, please add a tab showing the average consensus for keeper players (among the experts). Thanks again & good luck to everyone this football season!!

Pigskin Fanatic

Good stuff PF. I'm glad you liked using Draft Buddy so much. I notice a difference when I draft with it versus not.

On your draft, I'm a little surprised Portis fell to 7 but even more surprised Harrison was there for you in the 2nd. You got good value with Heap and Barlow. Looks solid to me.

Cheers.

I agree with the above post, my draft was a lot better this year using draft buddy.

Not sure about my squad yet, but the way my opponents we're drafting, I'm glad I had a great program to use!

I had pick 7:

1--Travis Henry (Wanted Alexander, but he went at 6)

2--Dante Culpepper (we score TD passes at 6 & I didn't think the other RBs were 2nd round material)

3--Fred Taylor (I'll take a chance at 3.7)

4--Donald Driver (wanted K. Robinson here, but someone took him high 3rd)

5--Isaac Bruce

6--Darrell Jackson

7--Correll Buckhalter

8--Laverneous Coles

9--Keyshawn Johnson

10--Jake Plummer

11-Michael Pittman

12--Kevin Johnson

13--Chris Brown (this is our first year being a 1-2 player keeper)

14--Tim Brown

We only draft 14 rounds, then open up free agency next week, I'll get my K & D next week.

Thanks again Mike!

Golden eagles, Your draft looks pretty solid to me. Your Rb's are better than mine but I may have you in WR's. Our QB's are about the same. We too also scored 6pts. for a TD pass for a QB. When I picked in round #2 the only QB gone was Manning. I chose to take Harrsion instead knowing that I would end up with either Culpepper, McNabb or Brooks (who were all in the same tier) as my starting QB.

Good draft. Have a great season.

Pigskin Fanatic

I'm already loving the draft buddy! I used it yesterday in a 1st year league. We've got ten teams and I used the 8th pick to take the following:

1st round: Travis Henry

2nd: Marvin Harrison

3rd: Fred Taylor

4th: Charlie Garner

5th: Chad Johnson

6th: Rod Smith

7th: Michael Vick

8th: Shannon Sharpe

9th: Todd Pinkston

10th: Trent Green

11th: Correll Buckhalter

12th: Muhsin Muhammad

13th: Santana Moss

14th: LaBrandon Toefield

15th: Billy Miller

16th: Dallas D/Spec

17th: Rian Lindell

We start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1k, 1d/sp

I think that I got value at almost every pick. It's just how I hoped it would turn out. Let me know what you guys think about this draft. Oh yeah, points are 50% yardage 50% touchdown.

In a sixteen-team league, these were my first five rounds (I had pick 13):

Ahman Green

Corey Dillon

Rod Smith

Marty Booker

Jeff Garcia

Getting Garcia with the 77th overall pick seems like a pretty good deal.

In 12 team league here are my first 5. I Used draft buddy exclusively. I had pick # 7

Deuce McCallister

Stephen Davis

Daunte Culpepper

Chad Johnson

Isaac Bruce

I feel I had a solid draft thanks to draft buddy. And I'm looking forward to using it again next week for my other league.

I am loving this system!!! had my draft the other night 10 team league used it as a warm up to my big draft this weekend and here is what I came up with....

1.8 - Henry, Travis

2.11 - Moss, Randy

3.28 - Gannon, Rich

4.31 - Warner, Kurt

5.48 - Smith, Rod

6.51 - Driver, Donald

7. - Sharpe, Shannon

8. - Atlanta

9. - New England

10. - Barlow, Kevan

11. - Pinkston, Todd

12 - Stewart, James

13. - Wycheck, Frank

14. - Wilkins, Jeff

15. - Hall, John

It is too bad there were people running off rankings instead of showing up for the draft, but in the end I think it came pretty solid....

I just wanted to chime is as well. I have used the complier and the draft buddy and they were both great. I used them for 4 leagues and I am happy with all the teams I drafted. If your projections are even close to fact, then I will be in the money in every league.

Thanks for two great products!! :)