Sign in to follow this  
rickyjgo

Can program be moved?

Home computer doesn't have excel, lap top does...Lap top isn't internet ready, home computer is...I downloaded the program thinking I could move it and now am finding that it can't be done or I am dumb because I can't figure out how to transfer it. I have transfered the zipped file which doesn't work because there is no home file for it to be received in. I tried to create that home file but apparently that doesn't work. I unzipped the file on the original computer and star won't run it, but a transfer to CD after that has just given me the program code garbage when opened in excel on my lap top.

Long story short, is it possible to move it? If not, am I SOL outside of buying a new modem and redownloading, or purchasing office for my home system?

You should be able to copy the file and move between computers as you like.

I'm not sure what you mean by "there is no home file for it to be received in".

What you should do is download the .exe file and save to disk on your desktop, do not unzip it, save the .exe file onto CD (since that appears to be an option) and then save the file to your laptop.

Then, in Windows Explorer on the laptop, run the .exe file and you should be prompted to unzip. Do this, and the Compiler and Buddy files will save to a directory

/Program Files/Cheatsheet Compiler/

and the Compiler should open in Excel.

Thanks for the response Mike...Glad to know I am just dumber than my computer...Figured it out and appears to be working. Thanks again.