Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Schedule for Projections Updates

Since most drafts occur on the weekends the tentative plan is to have Projections and Depth Chart updates ready each Thursday during August and early September...

• 7/5 - Done
  • 7/25 - Done
  • 8/4 - Done
  • 8/11 - Done
  • 8/18 - Done
  • 8/25 - Done
  • 9/1 - Done
  • 9/6 - Done :huh:

That was the schedule we used last year and it seemed to work out pretty good. Obviously if major news breaks on a Friday or during the weekend, the appropriate changes will be made.

Updating the Projections, Depth Chart data, ADP, etc in the Compiler is simple...

1. Open up the Compiler

2. Go to the "Inputs" tab

3. Click the "Update Projections" button

:banana:

Mike, I have a quick question....is this going to screw up my getting the updates...when I downloaded the compiler onto my computer, I didn't save it to the programs file, but put it in another file where I keep my Fantasy Football stuff. Just looking over the help quide, it seems like the update feature will look for the compiler in Programs....is this true or will there be a prompt when I go to download the updates that allows me to browse for the file containing the compiler? Love the product and the feature allowing for multiple league settings in one compiler is AWESOME!! (plus I play in Antsports HP) Thanks, Lamar

Thanks PC_Bucs! It doesn't really matter where you save the program to your computer, but when you are doing any of the functions that involve one file to the other (Compiler to Buddy, or Compiler 1.0 to 1.1, or Projection Pal to Compiler) the files should be in the same directory on your hard drive.

By default the Compiler and Buddy install from the self-extracting zip to

/Program Files/Cheatsheet Compiler/

but putting it in /My Documents/ or /Fantasy Football/ or pretty much anything shouldn't cause any problems at all with updates or anything else as long as you follow the guideline above.

Thanks Mike! That is what I figured....I just wanted to be sure before I got myself in over my head. :blink:

Got to have my secret weapon ready :thumbsup:

Guest calberta

Mike

I just downloaded the product and tried to update league settings from last year. It looks like the league settings have transfered but now all my projections have disappeared and the cheatsheets all list 0s for every player.

I tried to update projections but it hasnt made a difference.

Please help - I want to get my preparations started

PS - This is the most amazing program for FF freaks that has ever existed. I am looking forward to using the projection pal feature for this year. Last year I spent a lot of time reformatting projections to make them fit the software but it was worth it. When all was said and done I had 3 sets of projections and my cheatsheets were right on. Aside from some major injuries I probably would have been in the hunt in all 3 leagues but ended up on the bottom of 2 of them (Selected Charlie Garner in both leagues in 2nd round - both leagues award points for receptions before you start laughing)

Guest calberta

I think I just got it to work.

I had been selecting the update projections button on the updates page because thats where I was to import the league settings

Sorry for the confusion - Boy that was scary ... The cheatsheets had Domanick Davis ahead of LT (maybe its an omen and I should take that under consideration - LT is actually due for some form of injury... I was one of the proud that rode the Terrell Davis train to the superbowl 2 years in a row before being derailed abruptly when he blew up the knee

Thanks for the kudos calberta :blink: Glad you got the tech stuff straightened out.

Just to let you know, that the update worked perfectly and it was NO problem that I save the file to a different location.....good job! :lol: I should never have doubted you!! Pretty good adjustment on appropriate players as well!!

Minor new feature which people may or may not want to download.

Now, in the Compiler (starting 1.1c) there is an option to skip the DL, LB and DB tab updates when running the update projections. If your league doesn't use IDP, then you may want this to speed up your update a little bit.

Guest sjeffblack

Quick question - After I updated the projections in the compiler, I went to my Draft Buddy to update it as well (by hitting the 'Setup Draft Buddy' button).

However, after doing that I realized that it wiped out my keepers and trade picks (on the draft input tab).

Is there a way to import the updated projections into the Draft Buddy without it overwriting my keepers and draft pick trades?

Thanks,

Steve

Befoer you update the Draft Buddy, uncheck the "Clear Keepers and Draft Picks During Setup" box that is right above "Setup Draft Buddy".

Generally, what TIME are these updates? I am trying to schedule my last minute changes/updates prior to the draft on 9/2.

The last 2 weeks we've had it done around midday on Thursday.

Its done NED. Sorry, I just didn't have a chance to pop over here and post notice of the update until now.

Hey Mike & Mike,

I see the next update is scheduled for 9/6 (tomorrow). Will this be updated by 5 PM EDT? I have draft tomorrow night and was wondering if I will get a chance to use the latest update. Please advise. Thanks!

Anyone else having a problem getting these 9/06 updated projections?

There seems to be a problem connecting to this site. I try other sites and everything seems to be fine. Maybe this site is just overloaded. I will try again later.

Anyone else having a problem getting these 9/06 updated projections?

Everything seems to be loading pretty slow here at fftoday lately. It took me a couple times to get to this page. There seems to be a problem connecting to this site. I try other sites and everything seems to be fine. Maybe this site is just overloaded. I will try again later.