Sign in to follow this  
Mike MacGregor

Cheatsheet Compiler Add-On: Introducing Draft Buddy

If you're already using the Cheatsheet Compiler, then I think (hope) you're going to like this new add-on application I've been developing. I call it Draft Buddy, because it helps track your fantasy football draft as it progresses. It updates draft schedules in various formats, plus it pulls the output from the Cheatsheet Compiler and then neatly eliminates players as they are drafted.

I think it is finally ready for release, but I want you to be the judge of that. Performance is not as good as I would have hoped (a lot of formulas slowing it down) but I hope that is mainly due to my slow computer. Try out this Beta version and let me know what you think. Then I'll hit Krueger up for including it along with the next version of the Compiler (what's another 50% increase in Compiler related download costs? :()

Download it here:

www.profootballanalysis.com/files/draft_buddy_beta.zip

You'll need Cheatsheet Compiler 2.0, plus WinZip, enable macros and all that normal stuff.

Look forward to hearing your feedback.

I just wanted to mention that I have previously used a product from Fantasy Insights that has now been officially replaced by the Compiler w/ buddy.

Thanks again.

Cool. Don't they charge $30 for their product?

Originally posted by Mike MacGregor:

Cool. Don't they charge $30 for their product?

Yep, $24.95 for return subscriptions. I think you still have a better deal. :(

Mike,

Thanks for the compiler, unbelievable tool. That must have taken quite some time. One Question:

How do you sort the "Postion Sheet" based on diferent factors such as "2002 Projection" that takes in to effect our updating and entries. (ie: the % allocation)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please email: jmueller44@hotmail.com

Thanks

Josh

Thank you for your hard work. The compiler and the draft buddy are great assets.

I have recommendation. Add some sort of ability to have the program recalculate the VBD's as players are drafted. The baseline should be flexible based on how the draft goes. Don't you think that if 11 backs are chosen in the first round, that the 12th running back is worth more at that point in the draft then when the draft started? Also as you fill positions and you need less players at certain positions the baseline should change. These are especially true if you use middle player or middle starter as your baseline. For example, in a 12 team league, if 4 qbs are picked, and you are considering the 5th guy the middle starter baseline should be the 8th guy not the 6th. Because at that point in the draft he is the middle starter of the avaiable starters.

Let me know what you think.

Steve

[ 07-29-2002: Message edited by: snathan ]