Sign in to follow this  
thedanzone

NEXT YEAR INFO - EVERYONE READ

I want everyone to post in this thread to acknowledge this.

Friday, January 3, 2003 by 5:00 PM EST

Drop down to 20 players including IR.

Monday, August 11, 2003

Must hear from everyone in order to participate in the 2003 season.

Monday, August 18, 2003

Rookie/Free Agent Draft (4 Rounds)

Slow live draft starting at 8:00 AM EST with a 24 hour timer to make a selection. Add/Drops end Friday, January 3, 2003 by 5:00 PM EST. Balanced offseason trades are allowed and encouraged.

We are all pretty regular FFToday posters so I do not see a problem staying in contact. However, if you change your e-mail addy let everyone know!

Edits -

[ 12-10-2002: Message edited by: thedanzone ]

I assume no drop/adds starting Jan 3 through the end of the draft. Trades would have to be balanced?

Originally posted by whoisjgalt:

I assume no drop/adds starting Jan 3 through the end of the draft.  Trades would have to be balanced?

That's right, no ADD/DROP's after 1/3/2003 5:00 PM and offseason trading is fine!

But can they be unbalanced. Like say V4E trades me Ward, Holmes, & Pennington for Hasslebeck. Fair, yes. But then his roster is short by two and mine is two above the limit? I guess I'd have to throw in a couple spare DT's, right? :D

now he's really gonna be pissed...

Originally posted by whoisjgalt:

But can they be unbalanced.  Like say V4E trades me Ward, Holmes, & Pennington for Hasslebeck.  Fair, yes.  But then his roster is short by two and mine is two above the limit?  I guess I'd have to throw in a couple spare DT's, right?    :D

now he's really gonna be pissed...

Don't sell yourself short!!!

Since the trades do have to be balanced in the offseason I think giving up a couple of your defensive teams would be a bit much for you to lose. V4E would have to sweeten the pot and throw in Peerless Price.

Originally posted by bigmarc27:

Confirmed...  

I have to drop 4 people right? (since I had 2 on IR).

That's right, we are going down to 20 on a roster!

Originally posted by thedanzone:

That's right, we are going down to 20 on a roster!

Wait-when did we decide to cut back to 20 rather than 22? I'm not sure I would have bothered trading for Brown last week if I knew we were cutting back that far.

Also, I'm pretty sure we decided earlier that we were trimming to 22, because I remember thinking I'd have to figure out whether to just ditch the two guys I have on IR or two other guys.

[ 12-10-2002: Message edited by: grandpahoo ]

Originally posted by grandpahoo:

Wait-when did we decide to cut back to 20 rather than 22? I'm not sure I would have bothered trading for Brown last week if I knew we were cutting back that far.

Also, I'm pretty sure we decided earlier that we were trimming to 22, because I remember thinking I'd have to figure out whether to just ditch the two guys I have on IR or two other guys.

[ 12-10-2002: Message edited by: grandpahoo ]

Truthfully, I do not have a preference one way or another. The idea to cut to 20 now kind of flows with next years 4 round draft. That would take us to 24, then we cut to 22 after NFL Week 2.

I only see three options.

1. Cut to 20 after this season.

2. Cut to 20 before next years draft.

3. Change the roster size from 22 to 24.

2. Cut to 20 before next years draft.

I like this option, because A) it gives the option to change things up given a sudden retirement or change in role and :D it will screw around with people's draft strategies.

I'm fine with cutting to 20 sometime down the road (i.e., before the draft)--I just don't want to have to decide whom to cut right now.

Turn that frown upside down, Dan! :D

Originally posted by Wilzone:

I also like Option 2.

I'm not sure what Option #2 is, but I'll vote for it!

Originally posted by rurbaniak:

I'm not sure what Option #2 is, but I'll vote for it!

Its the one that gives Hoo time plenty of time to decide which special teamer or retiree to cut. :D

How about we just allow the rosters to expand one player per season? We drop to 21 before the next fraft, then fraft 4 and cut to 23 after week two. In '04, it's 22 & 24, ...

...but since you're all going to hate my idea (V4E just because it's mine :D), I'll say that option two is good and three is good too.

Originally posted by grandpahoo:

Did we decide on carrying 22 playaz until we do the rookie / FA draft?

I hope so. I think we should do the drops atleast a week before the Draft, that way we have time to see all players available.

Dan:

Any decision? Also, what do those of us with 23 or 24 players do now? I think we should keep 22 until just before the draft, but the IR'ed guys no longer belong on the IR and so do we drop some now or do we just drop everyone we have to as the draft approaches?

The RTSports site won't allow me to drop anyone, so we'd have to list who we're dropping here and then have you do it.

Sorry for the long bout of my missing!

I have been swimming feverishly in geneology.

Anywho, it looks like everyone is pretty much in favor of dropping players before next years draft!

Although, all rosters must be at 22 players so the following teams need to drop some players now:

V4E - drop 2 players

jgalt - 2

danzone - 1

hoo - 2

rurbaniak - 1

Mongo - 2

ted - 2

torrid - 1

Wilzone - 2

Wilzone - 2

By my count, I am at 22 and have been at 22 for the last few weeks.