Sign in to follow this  
thedanzone

LEAGUE VOTE - Rookie Draft - Clarett, Mike Williams Issue

Here is a link to our previous discussions on this topic...

http://www.fftodayforums.com/ubb/ultimateb...c;f=21;t=000809

Idea 1) Don't have our rookie fraft until after the last date in which a NFL Sup draft could be held. (In 2003 the supp. draft was on July 10th)

Idea 2) Have our own Sup fraft. Bernie can use next year's first on a player or pass and keep it 'til next year. Then Orgazmo, then Danzone, ... down this year's fraft order by round until either both are gone or four rounds have been completed. if you've already traded away a 2005 pick, then the guy who got it can use it in that slot. If a conditional 2005 pick was involved in a trade and the conditions are not resolved, then both of you can (both would have to) agree to use the pick for a player. Or something like that - perhaps the cost ought to be higher.

Idea 3) Allow both players to be picked in our rookie fraft even if not available in the regular NFL draft. If neither plays in the NFL next season, then it's just a dead roster slot that you'd be stuck with (buyer beware). You can't put them on the IR - not hurt. Kinda like Ricky Watters.

1) Since we only draft four rounds and that draft will only take at most a week to complete, we can basically start drafting anytime before September. Mid July rather than May ought to be no hardship.

What happens if the vote ends 5-4-3? Do we do a run off between the top two choices?

Commish vote is the deciding factor in ties. In your example the item with 5 votes would win.

I say #1 as well.

--

question: is #2 how the NFL does their supp draft? I keep hearing mention of a weighted ping pong ball system to get the order. Just curious - in any case, waiting another month is the easiest solution.

bigmarc27:

I say #1 as well.

--

question: is #2 how the NFL does their supp draft? I keep hearing mention of a weighted ping pong ball system to get the order. Just curious - in any case, waiting another month is the easiest solution.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6452668

#1 with a twist: If they rule against the Clarett/Williams case before the original Draft date, then we can still draft on June 14th..

bigmarc27:

I think your article is outdated... I keep hearing about this ping-pong ball lottery.
Yes, it is outdated, but it does give an idea of how the sup. draft is handled.

I'd be surprised if they went with a ping pong ball selection process. This is basically what they used to do (pull names out of a hat).

I'm really itching to draft now too.. I'm not sure option #2 is the best way to do it though.

There's a deadline to enter the regular draft.

Is there one for the supplemental draft?