Sign in to follow this  
grandpahoo

Power rankings

Your instructions, should you choose to participate:

1. Assign a ranking from 1-11 to each team in the league, based on your prediction of how the team will fare this year.

2. Do not assign a ranking to your own team.

3. Assign the number "1" to the team that you think has the best chance of winning the league, and "11" to the team that has the best chance of sucking giant dog balls.

4. Email your rankings to me. If you would like to include editorial commentary for any of your selections, feel free to do so.

5. If you would like to include commentary regarding where you think your team will finish, you can do that as well.

Put "Power rankings" in the subject line of the email so I can find them easily. I'll post the results after everyone has chimed in.

[ 07-22-2002: Message edited by: grandpahoo ]

I just tried to e-mail you my rankings with comments for every team and I think the e-mail didn't get sent. :( :P

I'll send a shorter version now. :mad:

O and Wilzone: Got your rankings. 'Zoney, I think you are correct that your initial one didn't get through.

(Also--after everyone has my email addy, can you delete your post, O? Not a big deal right now, I just don't want it floating around for the masses. Thanks buddy.)

Grandpahoo, email me at the bigmarc27@excite.com account... I'm having trouble accessing RTSports now and can't get to your email... I'll respond with my power rankings.

-Thanks

Dan and FB: Got your analyses. Good stuff.

Marc: I'll send you an email.

Marc: Got your email.

So far I've received power rankings from 'Zoney, O, Vikes, Dan, FB and Mongo. Waiting on Falcon, Teddy Ballgame, bighands, CH and jgalt.

Originally posted by grandpahoo:

Marc: Got your email.

So far I've received power rankings from 'Zoney, O, Vikes, Dan, FB and Mongo. Waiting on Falcon, Teddy Ballgame, bighands, CH and jgalt.

I'll work on it today. You may have to run without CH's though..

Originally posted by rurbaniak:

I'll work on it today.  You may have to run without CH's though..

I figure we can wait until next week if y'all want, so jgalt and CH can participate. It's up to you fools.

I figure we can wait until next week if y'all want, so jgalt and CH can participate. It's up to you fools.

I'm curious about some preliminary results...

I am normally an impatient person, but I think it would be best if we waited for the whole group to chime in.

Originally posted by Farmer Bernie:

I'm curious about some preliminary results...

How about this--for those of you who can't wait until next week, I can email you preliminary numbers as soon as everyone besides jgalt and CH has responded. But I'll wait to post the full results (including commentary) until after all 12 owners have responded.

[ 07-23-2002: Message edited by: grandpahoo ]

Sounds good, Hoo. Let's see FB's most overrated team evah spearheading this thing.

How about this--for those of you who can't wait until next week, I can email you preliminary numbers as soon as everyone besides jgalt and CH has responded. But I'll wait to post the full results (including commentary) until after all 12 owners have responded.

[ 07-23-2002: Message edited by: grandpahoo ]

Sounds good.

Originally posted by Orgazmo:

Sounds good, Hoo. Let's see FB's most overrated team evah spearheading this thing.

As a teaser, I will point out that FB is not currently number one in the power rankings...

As a teaser, I will point out that FB is not currently number one in the power rankings...

ROONED!!!!! :( :P

ROONED!!!!!   :(    :P

When the dust settles, watch CH's team land at number one.

ROONED!!!!!   :(    :P

But we still have six more power rankings to tabulate!

Originally posted by Orgazmo:

When the dust settles, watch CH's team land at number one.

If that occurs, everyone who has submitted a ranking was very, very wrong.

I mean, VERY wrong.

If you are going to wait for us all to submit rankings before publishing - it won't be 'til next week. I won't spend my vacation analyzing the merits of CH's 3rd RB and FB's backup TE. Not 'til next week.

Originally posted by whoisjgalt:

If you are going to wait for us all to submit rankings before publishing - it won't be 'til next week.  I won't spend my vacation analyzing the merits of CH's 3rd RB and FB's backup TE.  Not 'til next week.

ROONED!!!

:(

If you are going to wait for us all to submit rankings before publishing - it won't be 'til next week.  I won't spend my vacation analyzing the merits of CH's 3rd RB and FB's backup TE.  Not 'til next week.

I didn't expect you to do this on vacation, chief. That's why I said I'd wait until next week. If you'd rather I go ahead and do it without you instead of waiting, just let me know.

Daniel Graham will be dominant in the NFLeague :(

Gentlemen:

Jammed up at work right now, but I will post an update today or tomorrow that includes rankings from ten teams. Stay tuned...

Gentlemen:

Jammed up at work right now, but I will post an update today or tomorrow that includes rankings from ten teams. Stay tuned...

WOO HOO!!!! :(

WOO HOO!!!!    :(

You do know there is a season to be played before you are crowned #1 don' you? I think you're taking this power poll a little too seriously.

Originally posted by bigmarc27:

You do know there is a season to be played before you are crowned #1 don' you?  I think you're taking this power poll a little too seriously.

Why do you continue to perpetuate the notion that I am #1? I never claimed that, nor have I gone out of my way to position myself as such. I'm just a fan of the Power Rankings. A big fan. Wooooo Power Rankings! Yeah! :P

I happen to think that your team is #1. MONGO'S #1! MONGO'S #1! MONGO'S #1

Maybe you are just trying to stir up some division rivalry.

I'm your huckleberry. I was going to have my greatest division rivalry with Falcon, but you'll do just fine :mad:

BRING IT!!!, Mongo! :(

:D