Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

round 2-4 discussion

Nice pair of RBs for swirvin. Tiki puts up huge ff numbers but for some reason he still always seems to drop to the 2nd round. And this holds true even in PPC scoring systems. :thumbsdown:

Guest Giants Rule 04

I was hoping that Tiki would fall to me on the way back! :thumbsdown:

I was hoping that Tiki would fall to me on the way back! :wall:

Was hoping the same thing.

Guest Giants Rule 04

Dammit, now Dom Davis. :wall:

He and Shaun Alexander carried me to the super bowl last year. :mad:

Nice pair of RBs for swirvin. Tiki puts up huge ff numbers but for some reason he still always seems to drop to the 2nd round. And this holds true even in PPC scoring systems. :wall:

I have only done my NFC projections but yeah

I have Tiki above the Jones and Ahman

Green for the fact that only playing 15 games probably and Tiki is pretty consistent with 16 games

And the Jones should be able to put up 9-11 TD's Tiki should be a sure bet

I flip-flopped this pick a few times before posting it. I had CuMar all typed in but I just couldn't pass up CPep. Even with Moss gone, he might not throw as many TDs to the WRs but I bet his TD rushing total goes up. Plus the swing passes to Bennett and Moore should pad the stats.

In this scoring system, because of his rushing ability I actually have Culpepper just slightly ahead of Manning (virtually tied). So this is great value IMO. Too good to pass up, even if it goes against my RB-RB drafting theory.

Ok, i am out. I may not be back until like 4 or 5, so, good luck with the draft.

O yeah, i sent my list to you FantasyKing.

I almost pulled the trigger on CuMar at 2.06 instead of CPep. It's CuMar's TD total that finally swayed me. With L.Jordan gone I think people expect his totals to go up this season, but who knows. It's too much of a ? for me.

FantasyKing- nice move grabbingthe two stud WRs. I was going to do the exact same thing when I took Harrison, hoping Johnson would make it back to me.

You changed that plan mighty quick. :thumbsdown:

FantasyKing- nice move grabbingthe two stud WRs.

:thumbsdown:

FantasyKing- nice move grabbingthe two stud WRs. I was going to do the exact same thing when I took Harrison, hoping Johnson would make it back to me.

You changed that plan mighty quick. :thumbsdown:

Yeah I figured you would and thanks for the email heads up. These last few years getting 2 stud wideouts has seemed to work out better for me, good pick with McNabb though - a solid core of a team at each major position.

:o Damn smitty left me a list and if he got a Wr in round 2 he said take a RB

All his RB's are off the list :D

Jonathan Wells it is then!

i see nothing wrong with josh scobee here

:D Damn smitty left me a list and if he got a Wr in round 2 he said take a RB

All his RB's are off the list :mad:

i see nothing wrong with josh scobee here

Think outside the box...

kicker :o

ok ill be back in 30

hopefully he is back.. if not what do you guys think?

He has a few WR's left bu no one would go 3 WR's

He is going RB or QB here

Smitty-

You shouldn't hate that pick. Bennett is this years Tiki Barber. A vet that everyone has written off that can be had for cheap and will far outperform his draft status.

Sorry that my list ran out, I really expected at least one of my RBs to last this long but you guys are even more RB hungry this year than last :mad: I dont really like taking Bennett, but if he plays and gets the majority of carries he will be pretty good. Best left IMO without reaching for a rookie

Sorry that my list ran out, I really expected at least one of my RBs to last this long but you guys are even more RB hungry this year than last :huh: I dont really like taking Bennett, but if he plays and gets the majority of carries he will be pretty good. Best left IMO without reaching for a rookie

Great pick smitty.... because it left Walker for me :mad:

Seriously, Bennett went a little high for me, but if you wanted RB with your pick there really wasn't anyone better.

Smitty-

You shouldn't hate that pick. Bennett is this years Tiki Barber. A vet that everyone has written off that can be had for cheap and will far outperform his draft status.

I think he will be alright but dont forget when Onterrio wasnt there. Bennett still never got the TD's Moe got them all

I've got Bennett at 850 rushing 4 tds

225 receiving 1 TD

Sorry that my list ran out, I really expected at least one of my RBs to last this long but you guys are even more RB hungry this year than last :huh:  I dont really like taking Bennett, but if he plays and gets the majority of carries he will be pretty good.  Best left IMO without reaching for a rookie

Great pick smitty.... because it left Walker for me :mad:

Seriously, Bennett went a little high for me, but if you wanted RB with your pick there really wasn't anyone better.

Yea, I felt if i let Bennett slip my 2nd rb would be complete trash. No way Bennett would have slipped to my 4th rounder with the way this mock is shaping up.

Sorry that my list ran out, I really expected at least one of my RBs to last this long but you guys are even more RB hungry this year than last :lol:   I dont really like taking Bennett, but if he plays and gets the majority of carries he will be pretty good.  Best left IMO without reaching for a rookie

Great pick smitty.... because it left Walker for me :banana:

Yea, I felt if i let Bennett slip my 2nd rb would be complete trash. No way Bennett would have slipped to my 4th rounder with the way this mock is shaping up.

Well, you'll get a good indication by my 4th round pick. We'll see what RBs are available for my #2RB :rolleyes:

you guys like bennet better than bell? I don't anyways, hell I even like brown and arrington better.

Bell was the other guy i was thinking about at my pick. I have him and Bennett ranked right next to each other.

Michael Bennett will get hurt this year, especially since Moss is gone but also because of the Vikings' supposed increase in running which will lead to his demise.

I need to forward UCantTouchThis's picks to someone - leaving soon. Any takers?

I dont have Clash's next pick either.

I need to forward UCantTouchThis's picks to someone - leaving soon. Any takers?

I dont have Clash's next pick either.

I'l be checking in often for the next couple hours so you can send it to me

Michael Bennett will get hurt this year, especially since Moss is gone but also because of the Vikings' supposed increase in running which will lead to his demise.

He's been injury prone in the past but theres no reason he cant bust out of that. Fred Taylor had a couple consecutive years without getting hurt. Playing the injury game is like trying to win the lottery. Bennett is 100% now and ive heard good things about his running in the offseason, anyone else I would have taken has the exact same chance of getting hurt as Bennett.

He's been injury prone in the past but theres no reason he cant bust out of that. Fred Taylor had a couple consecutive years without getting hurt. Playing the injury game is like trying to win the lottery. Bennett is 100% now and ive heard good things about his running in the offseason, anyone else I would have taken has the exact same chance of getting hurt as Bennett.

For the record, my opinion is based on me being a Vikings homer who doesn't see Bennett as the best back in Minnesota's stables. The best would be M. Moore...

But, he isn't the starter yet, so Bennett looks like the best fantasy option for now. I can't fault anyone for picking him

I just don't like that Bennett won't see many TD's with Moe Williams vulturing at the goalline.

For the record, my opinion is based on me being a Vikings homer who doesn't see Bennett as the best back in Minnesota's stables. The best would be M. Moore...

But, he isn't the starter yet, so Bennett looks like the best fantasy option for now. I can't fault anyone for picking him

I just don't like that Bennett won't see many TD's with Moe Williams vulturing at the goalline.

Moe vulturing TD's concerns me as well. If this was a real draft I would most likely have traded down from that pick instead of taking Bennett but as you said he is the best fantasy option there and as long as hes healthy he should do some good things.

I'm heading home, might not be back on line 'til around 7:30 ish EST.