Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Round 8-10 discussion

OK heres my thing on Charles Rogers

He can and should put up very similiar numbers to Roy Williams

I think Roy is going way too high in every draft and Rogers is going to low.

If its because people think Chuck will get hurt that is fine. but if they are both healthy their numbers will be  close

I have Chuck

15 games 61 rec 750 yards 6 tds

roy

16 games 67 rec 975 yards 7 td's

and that is a toss up.  Any game either one of these 2 will have good games, and there is not a ton of differnce skill wise

So everyone be ahppy with a Rogers pick when you are get him in the 9th 10th round

I pretty much agree with you on their stats but I think Roy will have 9 - 11 TDs and 70+ receptions. That being said I was still surprised how early Roy went in this draft (3.11) especially when CantTouchThis said he liked Andre Johnson better, but who he took at (4.02) :wall:

Took Morris with the potential of Alexander holding out...just seems like he could hold some value.

I like Graham as a backup here. He's show he has the ability to make great plays but he's been inconsistent. Plus the Pats will run a lot of 2 TE sets with Watson coming back, but Brady does look to Graham in the redzone.

I had him last year, and I got tired of Brady throwing the ball to just about any one standing in the endzone wearing a Patriots uniform including the darn LB (Vrabel, I think). From a NFL standpoint the opposition can't key on a player, but from a fantasy standpoint it is very annoying. (This coming from a Graham owner from last year :wall: )

However, since we know NE can move the ball and get in the red zone and that Graham gets looks, he's not a bad TE.

I like Graham as a backup here. He's show he has the ability to make great plays but he's been inconsistent. Plus the Pats will run a lot of 2 TE sets with Watson coming back, but Brady does look to Graham in the redzone.

I had him last year, and I got tired of Brady throwing the ball to just about any one standing in the endzone wearing a Patriots uniform including the darn LB (Vrabel, I think). From a NFL standpoint the opposition can't key on a player, but from a fantasy standpoint it is very annoying. (This coming from a Graham owner from last year :wall: )

However, since we know NE can move the ball and get in the red zone and that Graham gets looks, he's not a bad TE.

From someone who watched it all year long from the stands, you're right. I wouldn't take Graham as a starting TE anymore (like you said, I think owners finally got fed up) but it will be interesting to see if Ben Watson becomes the pass catching TE and Graham the blocker. Or if they mix it up, which both TEs have the ability to do.

I did read the scoring for this mock correctly that defenses only get points for a TD or a safety right?

I'm just double checking this.... Still...

I did read the scoring for this mock correctly that defenses only get points for a TD or a safety right?

That's what I'm going on so I'm a little surprised at the Ds going this early :cry:

That's what I'm going on so I'm a little surprised at the Ds going this early :cry:

I think D's are going too soon as well. I guess that means better position players for us.

OK heres my thing on Charles Rogers

He can and should put up very similiar numbers to Roy Williams

I think Roy is going way too high in every draft and Rogers is going to low.

If its because people think Chuck will get hurt that is fine. but if they are both healthy their numbers will be  close

I have Chuck

15 games 61 rec 750 yards 6 tds

roy

16 games 67 rec 975 yards 7 td's

and that is a toss up.  Any game either one of these 2 will have good games, and there is not a ton of differnce skill wise

So everyone be ahppy with a Rogers pick when you are get him in the 9th 10th round

I pretty much agree with you on their stats but I think Roy will have 9 - 11 TDs and 70+ receptions. That being said I was still surprised how early Roy went in this draft (3.11) especially when CantTouchThis said he liked Andre Johnson better, but who he took at (4.02) :lol:

:unsure: Yeah, because i didn't think he would be availible. I think CRog is the much better value, but, i thought i could get him around the 10th. I think ROY will get about 1100 and 9. CRog around 900 and 10 because he was a monster in the red zone when he played. I think next year CRog will really break out into the elite class of WRs, getting about 13-1500 yards and 10+ Tds. HE needs a full year healthy though.

Oh, and thanks for the picks, pretty much what i was hoping for.

Oh, and thanks for the picks, pretty much what i was hoping for.

:bandana:

After looking at the teams, so far, i would have to say Me, Huskerd, and Fantasy have the best teams :banana:

:headbanger: :blink: So wrong. I'll edit, and elborate later when I have time.

After looking at the teams, so far, i would have to say Me, Huskerd, and Fantasy have the best teams :lol:

:shocking: :lol: So wrong. I'll edit, and elborate later when I have time.

:lol: No, really, this is the best and smartest group of guys i have ever mocked with. Not really any bad picks, and everyone has a good team, good job guys :lol: . I still think i have the best team though :P

After looking at the teams, so far, i would have to say Me, Huskerd, and Fantasy have the best teams :headbanger:

Sorry dude, you have good young talent for starters at RB an WR and a top QB, but I have 2 words that explain why your team is not one of the best...

Reuben Droughns :lol:

Is there any way to let FantasyKing know he is up or is he done for the day?

I've been keeping an eye on the FF Today Forums member list but haven't seen him. He said he was busy yesterday (work I think) so maybe more of the same today. I'll shoot an email to him. :dunno:

FantasyKing - use the "click email option when he is up at any time"

I guess it's sort of like the Bat-signal... :cheers:

After looking at the teams, so far, i would have to say Me, Huskerd, and Fantasy have the best teams :thumbsup:

Sorry dude, you have good young talent for starters at RB an WR and a top QB, but I have 2 words that explain why your team is not one of the best...

Reuben Droughns :banana:

Ewww, your right, well, that is my only bad guy on my team. I did wait wayyy to long to take a back up RB, again, this is my first mock. I know now to wait longer for a QB and pick up a back up RB sooner.

I've been keeping an eye on the FF Today Forums member list but haven't seen him. He said he was busy yesterday (work I think) so maybe more of the same today. I'll shoot an email to him. :dunno:

I guess it's sort of like the Bat-signal... :mad:

doh i should have read thie before i just sent him another :(

I guess it's sort of like the Bat-signal... :mad:

doh i should have read thie before i just sent him another :huh:

swirven declares an email Jihad on FantasyKings @ss

:(

Guest Giants Rule 04

I guess it's sort of like the Bat-signal... :angry:

doh i should have read thie before i just sent him another :o

swirven declares an email Jihad on FantasyKings @ss

:D

:lol:

i just copied what mike had for June mock draft :angry:

swirv - it's been over 2 hours, what do you think about picking for FK so we can get a few more rounds in?

hmmm well give him some more time i dunno maybe another half hour

when was the last time he checked in?

hmmm well give him some more time  i dunno maybe another half hour

9:40 this morning when he made his 8.12/9.01 picks, haven't seen him since

hmmm well give him some more time  i dunno maybe another half hour

9:40 this morning when he made his 8.12/9.01 picks, haven't seen him since

yikes ok in another half hour we can make his picks

YEah, lets get this draft ovah with so we can get to bragging bout our teams :thumbsdown: . Yeah. WTF, he was picking for like 5 people just a couple days ago, now he is not even here for himself. Guess he is busy, yeah wait maybe another 20 and just pick up a PK.

Guest Giants Rule 04

Not sure how much longer I'll be around, so if I'm not here for my next pick, just pick for me (no kicker! :banana: )

Seriously, just take the highest ranked player left from the June draft (no kicker! :banana: )

:thumbsdown: