Sign in to follow this  
Funky Doc

Overall ranking method

Anyone have insight as to how to select an overall ranking method? I'm in a league where historically the owners have favored filling their RB slots through in the first two rounds. Should I use the "Stud RB" or the "Compiler recommended" overall ranking method?

We use standard league scoring.

Great product Mike! :angry:

Guest bigchief73

I would use the "compiler Recommended" all leagues fill their RB in the first 2 rounds. FF Today has done an excellent job of giving projections and using the the compiler and buddy will assist you in this draft you are in. If you don't feel this selection is givning you what you want can change the baseline.

I "recommend" Compiler Recommended. Stud RB and QBBC are in there, well, more for fun than anything. I think they go a little overboard valuing the RB or undervaluing QB. If the Compiler Recommended isn't giving you an overall result that you think is appropriate, then you can always use the Custom Baseline Adjustment boxes to tweak it, or use one of the others - Median or Last Player Drafted - and tweak from there.

Some people find the Compiler Recommended does not give enough different values for players (i.e. the top guys have a lot of dollars allocated to them, and then a lot of players are the min. bid). If you find that to be the case, then try Median Player Drafted or Last Player Drafted.

I actually find "last starter drafted" works out pretty well. looking at the overall list, the players where they usually get drafted are right in line. of course you need to tweak the baseline factors a little though.

For comparison sake, the Compiler Recommended ranking method starts at Median Player Drafted and uses the following adjustments:

QB = 0.8

RB = 1.2

WR = 0.9

TE = 0.65

K = 0.2

DEF = 0.4

DL = 0.5

LB = 0.6

DB = 0.45