swirvenirvin

Round 14-16 discussion

:banana: home stretch

yea were flyin when were pickin everyone else's teams :banana:

seriously though this was a real good mock. :banana:

:lol: home stretch

yea were flyin when were pickin everyone else's teams :D

seriously though this was a real good mock. :banana:

:banana: Deffinently the best mock i ever have been in. The smartest mockers i have ever mocked with, too, good job guys :banana:

Ok, i am going to the movies and eating afterwards, so, in case i am not back for my next 2 picks, ummm, gimme a K obviously, i guess Jason Hanson will be great. After that, suprise me, another RB, WR, QB, maybe a backup defense. In fact, just for the helluva it, gimme the Lions defense, i can have a Lions defense, K, TE, WR, and RB.

Ok, i am going to the movies and eating afterwards, so, in case i am not back for my next 2 picks, ummm, gimme a K obviously, i guess Jason Hanson will be great. After that, suprise me, another RB, WR, QB, maybe a backup defense. In fact, just for the helluva it, gimme the Lions defense, i can have a Lions defense, K, TE, WR, and RB.

What movie???

Little run down of my team and picks before I take off for the weekend.

duece--1.08

This pick was pretty much between duece, mccghee, or dom davis. I went with who I thought was the safest pick, I hope they plan on useing him better than last year. I really like mccghee but I guess I went with the safer option as opposed to the upside pick.

rudy johnson--2.05

I really like this guy this year. I think the upside with him is to much to pass up in the second round. They should be solid on offense all the way around and can see double digit td's for him. And really didn't love any of the other backs left on the board for the second round, I would have gone with t.o. or holt otherwise. With no ppr I would almost always try to go rb/rb

antonio gates--3.08

I struggled with this pick, I was hopeing that horn would fall to me here but he didn't. I normally would go wr here but no guys really stood out as sure fire #1 recievers so I figured snatch up the next best tight end.

michael clayton-- 4.05

I liked this pick when I made it definatly not a sure fire #1 ff reciever but he very well could be after watching last year. Wasn't to happy right after I made the pick I went over to the main board and read an article about him having offseason surgery and he hasn't run at all yet, I will probably drop him a few spots on my board now.

Kevan barlow-- 5.08

I was really expecting to get williams, foster, or benson with this pick but they were all taken. I was kinda dead set to take a rb here so he probably went a round earlier than he should have. I maybe should have taken driver like I was thinking, my recievers would look a little better then.

carson palmer-- 6.05

I have him ranked as #5 on my chart. I allready have rudi j. so this was tough to go with him also. its alot riding on begal players. Thought about suggs and fitz with this pick also.

deion branch-- 7.08

Not my ideal #2 reciever, I think he is a real good #3, borderline #2, but I had him ranked ahead of the next 4 reciever's taken. Good upside with this guy also.

brandon stokley-- 8.05

this guy will have some big weeks, its just a matter of picking the right time to start him. Thought hard about brady here...

lee evans -- 9.05

round out my receivers with another young guy, could actually see him taking over the #1 role in there offense. wasn't really much left for wr's after this guy.

corell buckhalter 10.08 joey harrington -- 11.05

probably would end up dumping both of these guys during the season. Buckhalter could be a td vulture though. Harrington has yet to show me much in real life but the offense seems to have alot of potential, so he deserves the pick.

health miller 12.05 akers 13.08

miller should be involved in the offense fairly quick being they don't have a real #2 reciever, hopefully would not have to start him but one week. akers is my highest rated kicker.

marcell shipp

only hope with this pick would be if arrington went down early, I see arrington being the man this year.

_________

solid squad I think anyways, I really don't like the power of the recievers but in this scoring they just didn't hold the value to pick them any sooner, and I would think gates would make up for some of that.

I like duece and rudy as a one two punch at rb. I would have some bye week issues week ten, but would be mostly at full strength the rest of the year. I would probably give this team a b or b-. Good drafting everyone! And let me know if you think I really blew any picks or not...

Guys, I'll be out for a few hours, check back then.

hey swirve do you want to try and finsih this over the weekend or just finish it up on monday? I will send you a little list if you want to finish it, otherwise I'll see ya monday. :o

hey swirve do you want to try and finsih this over the weekend or just finish it up on monday? I will send you a little list if you want to finish it, otherwise I'll see ya monday. :cheers:

List is good if not no biggie we will wait till Monday :headbanger:

What movie???

Batman Begins, pretty good even though i never was into Batman. I thought War of the Worlds was better, and would recommend that movie over Batman....but, Batman was still good.

What movie???

Batman Begins, pretty good even though i never was into Batman. I thought War of the Worlds was better, and would recommend that movie over Batman....but, Batman was still good.

I've seen both and loved both of them. Probably will pick up both DVDs this fall or whenever they come out

Jeff Wilkins, K STL for Giants

I think Wilkins grew up in Paterson, NJ so he counts for GR's team. Plus he was the next best K on the FFToday Projections list.

wow i was serioulsy just going to post this buit then was lazy and was going to wait tomorrow

:ph34r:

If I'm not around for my 15th round pick:

1.) Nate Keading, K SD

2.) Jeff Reed, K PIT

3.) Shayne Graham, K CIN

TIA

Guest Giants Rule 04

I think Wilkins grew up in Paterson, NJ so he counts for GR's team. Plus he was the next best K on the FFToday Projections list.

For taking a kicker in round 15, he's a good one to get. Thanks! :pointstosky:

For taking a kicker in round 15, he's a good one to get. Thanks! :wall:

:banana:

if im not around and you want to pick for me please take me a kicker

:blink: Jeff Reed, K PIT

15.07 - Detriot Lions, D DET

In this scoring system where the only stats that count for a D are TDs and Safeties, I looked at Ds with good kick return games. The Lions have returned at least 3 the last 2 seasons. Safeties are so rare that it's not worth trying to calculate into the equation. For the most part I think our Ds are going to put up zeros each week, but with DETs return game I might get 6 every few weeks.

I picked Stover for Packers in 14.11, but I'll take Shayne Graham instead.

yep sorry was catching up on picks and missed that he is all yours

15.07 - Detriot Lions, D DET

In this scoring system where the only stats that count for a D are TDs and Safeties, I looked at Ds with good kick return games. The Lions have returned at least 3 the last 2 seasons. Safeties are so rare that it's not worth trying to calculate into the equation. For the most part I think our Ds are going to put up zeros each week, but with DETs return game I might get 6 every few weeks.

;) DAMNIT, you just took away my dream of having an all Lions team subract the QB :thumbsdown: YOU MONSTER!!!! :lol:

Wow, been without the net for going on 2 days now. Had a big storm yesterday morning that knocked out a bunch of trees and power for over 12 hours. Back on here finally so il be able to make my last pick :thumbsup:

swirv,

I picked Longwell for PackerAaron back at 15.02, so I don't think Clash can have him at 15.10.

gotcha, i will let him know to pick another guy.. I did not even check he just sent me a list and Longwell was the only kicker on it

When I up just give me the highest rated K left according to FFT projections.

that part is blocked for me :banana:

so not sure who it is.. if anyoen wants to make the pick go ahead. Otherwise I will make it when I get home from work and run some errands which may not be till later like 5ish

also go ahead and pick your next guy if you want im sure one pk wont be a huge difference

So now that we're on the up swing in round 16 and everyone is taking a kicker, Clash is going to get screwed?

also go ahead and pick your next guy if you want im sure one pk wont be a huge difference

So now that we're on the up swing in round 16 and everyone is taking a kicker, Clash is going to get screwed?

well he only left me with one kicker choice and he was taken already. I dont think many people are taking more then one kicker. He should be fine

So, are you going to post a topic on the main board about our draft when it gets over???

O yeah, and what about the yahoo thing, do we have a league there yet??

So, are you going to post a topic on the main board about our draft when it gets over???

O yeah, and what about the yahoo thing, do we have a league there yet??

yes will post on main bored if you guys want anyone can linking to the teams or the whole draft