Sign in to follow this  
AirRam

***Shula League Draft Board(or whine) Room***

CDub: Nice pick on Clarett. Good time to take him.

You can really sense a shift in the draft for the first time in four seasons. A guy like Clarett, even with his questionable starting status up in the air, would have been a first rounder in past years. Now, with all the quality receivers and a deep skill class for rookies, we're seeing a lot of prospects slipping to the later rounds making for a deeper and more interesting draft.

The master plan is complete: Big Ben and his awesome playoff schedule is now a part of the FCM. We both look forward to watching who will actually take part in the playoffs this year!

The master plan is complete: Big Ben and his awesome playoff schedule is now a part of the FCM. We both look forward to watching who will actually take part in the playoffs this year!

Ben was the next QB on my board, and had someone vultured Blaylock (my insurance policy), Roeth would have been mine at 3.7. Nice pick.

funny how this worked out. Got cold feet on Pennington as my 5th keeper so I trade him for Brees. Then I get Pennington back as a back-up in the 3rd! Great value there IMO.

funny how this worked out.  Got cold feet on Pennington as my 5th keeper so I trade him for Brees.  Then I get Pennington back as a back-up in the 3rd!  Great value there IMO.

Yeah, I seriously considered taking him as well. After FCM's premature pick on Moats I figured I wouldn't push my luck any further. A little sooner than I wanted to take him but I'm happy.

Ben was the next QB on my board, and had someone vultured Blaylock (my insurance policy), Roeth would have been mine at 3.7. Nice pick.

Miller can attest to Ben's ability to manage a game. This year he will improve fantasy wise, aswell.

I should be back around Wed for my nex pick. :P

Miller can attest to Ben's ability to manage a game. This year he will improve fantasy wise, aswell.

I should be back around Wed for my nex pick. :angry:

Oh, you wacky AFC Northernites!

I picked Ben because I think he'll improve having a year in the system and knowing what mistakes to overcome. I also love his playoff schedule (CHI, @MIN, and @CLE). If I somehow make it into the playoffs, I'll have potential for good points at the QB position (since Daunte's playoff schedule is brutal!)

Now that QB's all set, I just have to work on the other skill positions! :P

Pick 3.12

Shooter McGavin selected Manning, Eli NYG QB

Wow, Eli getting the nod before Joey Heisman. Someone thinks pretty highly of Plastico, I take it?

I should be back around Wed for my nex pick. :(

His ability to manage a game is outstanding for his experience. His offense leading to a huge fantasy star?? I don't think it will happen. He'll be a solid back up who will post OK numbers, but I don't see him ever lighting it up unless the offensive strategy changes.

CDub: Nice pick on Clarett. Good time to take him.

You can really sense a shift in the draft for the first time in four seasons. A guy like Clarett, even with his questionable starting status up in the air, would have been a first rounder in past years. Now, with all the quality receivers and a deep skill class for rookies, we're seeing a lot of prospects slipping to the later rounds making for a deeper and more interesting draft.

You never know with Denver and as a Michigan fan I've seen what the kid can do. There where a lot of other guys out there I tought about, but for what I'm trying to do he was the right pick.

I should be back around Wed for my nex pick. ;)

His ability to manage a game is outstanding for his experience. His offense leading to a huge fantasy star?? I don't think it will happen. He'll be a solid back up who will post OK numbers, but I don't see him ever lighting it up unless they're playing the Bengals.

Agreed. :thumbsdown:

I should be back around Wed for my nex pick. :lol:

His ability to manage a game is outstanding for his experience. His offense leading to a huge fantasy star?? I don't think it will happen. He'll be a solid back up who will post OK numbers, but I don't see him ever lighting it up unless they're playing the Bengals.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Why would you even try to air it out against the Bengals?? We can never stop your running game and our secondary is the best part of our D. He can try, but the only things he'll be lighting up is hte face of your coaching staffs as you play right into our hands and we get an easy W!

I should be back around Wed for my nex pick. :lol:

Agreed. :cheers:

Why would you even try to air it out against the Bengals?? We can never stop your running game and our secondary is the best part of our D. He can try, but the only things he'll be lighting up is hte face of your coaching staffs as you play right into our hands and we get an easy W!

Did you just put "Bengals" and "W" in the same paragraph? :lol:

I should be back around Wed for my nex pick. :P

Agreed. <_<

Did you just put "Bengals" and "W" in the same paragraph? :blink:

Get used to it!

Hey Niner: When are you taking Dorsey Levens for the clean sweep?

Ha, looking at Mahe, McCoo and Perry too... :thumbsup:

I'll have Philly's 2006 starting RB somehow, someway!

Hey Niner: When are you taking Dorsey Levens for the clean sweep?

Ha, looking at Mahe, McCoo and Perry too... :mad:

I'll have Philly's 2006 starting RB somehow, someway!

I'm sure Ricky Watters can be had on the cheap if you want to go retro.

Cry about not having a pick yet and the trade offers start rolling in :P

And some damn fine offers they were, too.

Think about it....

:ph34r:

Cry about not having a pick yet and the trade offers start rolling in  :thumbsup:

And some damn fine offers they were, too.

Think about it....

:ph34r:

No thinking necessary. :bench:

Decided to round out my starting line-up with a top 3 defense. Kind of early for a D/ST but this is already my 7th pick of the draft. :thumbsup:

RegGie Williams WR Jac

We are hoping for a big bounce back seson from this gifted widout for the Jaguars.

The Stormin' Mormon slipped under the radar due to injury. Never a bad time at this point in the draft to pick up one of the best TE's in the league. Very happy with this pick.

:rolleyes:

Decided to round out my starting line-up with a top 3 defense. Kind of early for a D/ST but this is already my 7th pick of the draft. :thumbsup:

Grabbed the NE Pats D just before the Tuna picks, harsh man. You did have picks out the wazoo this draft.

RegGie Williams WR Jac

We are hoping for a big bounce back seson from this gifted widout for the Jaguars.

an intriging pick as there is alot of upside there. :thumbsup:

The Stormin' Mormon slipped under the radar due to injury. Never a bad time at this point in the draft to pick up one of the best TE's in the league. Very happy with this pick.

:thumbsup:

Nice Grab, I almost kept him as a keeper.

The Stormin' Mormon slipped under the radar due to injury.  Never a bad time at this point in the draft to pick up one of the best TE's in the league.  Very happy with this pick.

:banana:

Nice Grab, I almost kept him as a keeper.

He was a surprise to find.

Sorry GR, I didn't even see the deal till this morning.

No worries. You still have tons of picks and I still have a willingness to move up or down depending on the situation. Let me know.

Called Tuna to let him know he's up. He told me he'd be home from work in about an hour.

:crickets:

...or not... :blink:

He's alive....I just saw his AIM pop-up thingy. :unsure:

That's the last time I hurry up and pick just to speed things along. When my two picks just came up, Miller told me I was up and I told him I would pick after I ran some errands, update my cheatsheet and ate dinner. A few minutes later, I thought that it would be decent and considerate of me to make both picks then, so everyone else could maybe make a pick or two tonight.

I guess that was a waste of time. Looks like we are in for another 12 wait for tuna.

:D

i made my pick

Arnaz Battle 6'1" 217 lbs. WR SFO

I have never seen him play. (except as RB at ND)

i hope he is good.