MY new starting lineup:

QB Vick'

RB Priest Holmes

RB Tatum Bell

RB Lamont Jordan

WR Terrell Owens

WR Reggie Wayne

Def Panthers

Very Nice deal for Tuna, he is quickly becoming a huge challenger this season!

This is not the positive affirmation I was hoping for. :pointstosky: :D

Very Nice deal for Tuna, he is quickly becoming a huge challenger this season!

This is not the positive affirmation I was hoping for. :( :D

You must either be very scared of this hold out over the long term or think Williamson is going to be a beast!! TO is on par with Moss in term of being a dominating facter when healthy and on the field. I just don't think Williamson is ever going to be near that kind of talent. The first is nice, but for a contender this year, not sure about giving up a force like TO. The net effect isn't bad in dealing Martin for them due to his age, but when you can win it, I think you have to go for it. Gives and aging team more youth for tyhe future, but weakens one of the championship faorites going into the year this year.

That's my take, but the only take that matters is yours.

And Tuna, you better beef up that bench a bit more if you want to be what your climing to be. Your one injury or Bell choke away from being nothing special, so to name your team the champ is kinda foolish! :( You may want to try to make the playoffs first, then you can think about the championship. Going into last year you thought you were going to win as well, we all know how well that turned out! :D

You must either be very scared of this hold out over the long term or think Williamson is going to be a beast!!

Neither, actually. Owens will sign and be huge again (for as many weeks as he's healthy and not fighting with McNabb). And Williamson will be a very good rookie, but a rookie nonetheless.

I'm looking down the road. I wanted to get younger, get more diverse, and put my stamp on this club. It's weird taking over someone else's players - if you ever get the chance, you'll understand and probably want to make some quick trades too.

-----

Out since I took over : Moss, Coles, C-Mart, Blaylock, Fargas

In since I took over : Javon Walker, Andre Johnson, Troy Williamson, Marcel Shiipp, and a #1 2006.

-----

Ya gotta give to get. And giving em up now while they have value is better than giving em up later when they are bringing along their social security checks.

Here's a link which helps summarize my thoughts :

RB dropoff with age

Two more things :

1) I'm not done. Ask Dr.J or Horseman who know me in XDL. The effect of my trades is cumulative. One deal may be great, the next questionable. But the overall trend is young studs and draft picks. And the net effect is a great dynasty powerhouse. It may take me two years, but watch out!

2) I'm by no means giving up on winning now! This team is built around Manning. If Bennett explodes as Tice expects, or if Javon or Andre vault into elite status with the big boys, then I'll be very tough to beat. Count on it!

Thanks for the comments, though. And send me an offer. :blink:

You must either be very scared of this hold out over the long term or think Williamson is going to be a beast!!

Neither, actually. Owens will sign and be huge again (for as many weeks as he's healthy and not fighting with McNabb). And Williamson will be a very good rookie, but a rookie nonetheless.

I'm looking down the road. I wanted to get younger, get more diverse, and put my stamp on this club. It's weird taking over someone else's players - if you ever get the chance, you'll understand and probably want to make some quick trades too.

-----

Out since I took over : Moss, Coles, C-Mart, Blaylock, Fargas

In since I took over : Javon Walker, Andre Johnson, Troy Williamson, Marcel Shiipp, and a #1 2006.

-----

Ya gotta give to get. And giving em up now while they have value is better than giving em up later when they are bringing along their social security checks.

Here's a link which helps summarize my thoughts :

RB dropoff with age

Two more things :

1) I'm not done. Ask Dr.J or Horseman who know me in XDL. The effect of my trades is cumulative. One deal may be great, the next questionable. But the overall trend is young studs and draft picks. And the net effect is a great dynasty powerhouse. It may take me two years, but watch out!

2) I'm by no means giving up on winning now! This team is built around Manning. If Bennett explodes as Tice expects, or if Javon or Andre vault into elite status with the big boys, then I'll be very tough to beat. Count on it!

Thanks for the comments, though. And send me an offer. :thumbsup:

Actually I did 2 yrs ago in this very league. And I agree with what your saying, I made a couple deals right away, but I inherited a backfield of CMart and Barber, didn't like either from the begining, tried to deal them many times but couldn't get much due to age, waited till last season and got top dollar for them. I choose the patience route, your going with the over haul, different strategies, it should be interesting to see where you take it. Always fun watching strategies unfold. Dr. J made some crazy moves last and it worked out golden for him.

Actually I did 2 yrs ago in this very league.  And I agree with what your saying, I made a couple deals right away, but I inherited a backfield of CMart and Barber, didn't like either from the begining, tried to deal them many times but couldn't get much due to age, waited till last season and got top dollar for them.  I choose the patience route, your going with the over haul, different strategies, it should be interesting to see where you take it.  Always fun watching strategies unfold.  Dr. J made some crazy moves last and it worked out golden for him.

Yeah, I hear ya.

And actually, I probably coulda asked for Dr.J's #1 2006 instead of the one I got. But I just have a hunch his team will produce sooner rather than later.

And the Bombers just seem a little thin to me - one key injury away from trouble. So that #1 could be nice.

But don't worry. I'm still taking home the money this year too. :thumbsup:

And Tuna, you better beef up that bench a bit more if you want to be what your climing to be. Your one injury or Bell choke away from being nothing special, so to name your team the champ is kinda foolish! :( You may want to try to make the playoffs first, then you can think about the championship. Going into last year you thought you were going to win as well, we all know how well that turned out! :o

Bench?

I have a lot of emerging talents on that pine:

Reggie Williams

Larry Johnson

Rahaun Woods

Tom Brady

Alge Crumpler

Najeh Davenport

David Givens

i could get some nice bye weeks out of that crew. And when Chris Perry takes the Cincy RB job....watch OUT!!! :thumbsup: :o

Looking better and better.

TO does have a point - Tuna's base salary is higher than his. :mad:

QB Vick

RB Priest Holmes

RB Tatum Bell

RB Lamont Jordan

WR Terrell Owens

WR Reggie Wayne

Def Panthers

That's gonna leave a mark. Try again in 2006 I guess. If we're lucky enough that you don't "retire" on us. :unsure:

Ends up being Williamson and the 1.06.

Still don't like this deal for Ty, but in light of that and the tirades of Owens, it's not looking at terribly as it did at the start.

Ends up being Williamson and the 1.06.

Still don't like this deal for Ty, but in light of that and the tirades of Owens, it's not looking at terribly as it did at the start.

You'll see. :bandana: