Sign in to follow this  
scoobs03

Bay Area Ballerz

Ok heres what I'm doing. Screw the vote. The trade is void just because of all the problems involved. From now on be careful of the offers that you make, because in the future I wont cancel the trade unless the whole league agrees. If you offer it up then that means you want to do it and theres no changing your mind. For this special occasion I will cancel it. Sorry Andrew.

Lets move on and have fun.

Thanks Hagy, I'm sorry this all had to happen. Lets just go back to having fun again.

Thanks Hagy, I'm sorry this all had to happen. Lets just go back to having fun again.

I never stopped! :wall:

I have not had a chance to fully get caught up in all the posts here, but I will do so once I am home from work.

The last I was able to read, we were looking to vote.

I feel badly for you, but that trade has to stand. It is really own each owner to keep up with the players involved until the deal is done. Personally, I would never leave a deal out there for more than a day. If the other owner really wants to do it, he can always resend the trade request.

Edit: Nevermind, since the trade has been killed.

Thanks Don. But there was just too much drama involved in this trade and it was bound to lead to bigger problems. This wont be done in the future though FYI.

all i have to say is thats a bunch of crap, and i got one good thing out of it....now i no if I OFFER A TRADE and it gets accepted...and then the next day i decide i dont like it all i have to do is whine about it and it will get over turned!

but w.e i guess its over

We'll for future reference here's how we handle it in my Zealots League.

C. Before a trade becomes final it must be confirmed on the message board by all involved parties. Once a trade has been officially announced it may not be rescinded by any of the teams involved.

D. Any trade that appears to be suspicious or detrimental to the integrity of the league may be vetoed by a supermajority vote of the owners not involved in the deal. During the season, owners will have 48 hours to contest a trade. During the offseason, owners will have up to 1 week to contest a trade.

This system has been in place for two years and has worked fine.

Then there's my own personal safe guard. I never offer a trade through the site until my prospective partner and I have hammered out an amicable agreement. This way there is no chance for a situation like this to arise, because an official binding offer isn't floating out there.

The biggest issue in my mind concerning all this is that we're setting precident for the future. In order to avoid further complications we need to discuss how to handle this type of situation in the future as soon as possible.

We'll for future reference here's how we handle it in my Zealots League.

C. Before a trade becomes final it must be confirmed on the message board by all involved parties. Once a trade has been officially announced it may not be rescinded by any of the teams involved.

D. Any trade that appears to be suspicious or detrimental to the integrity of the league may be vetoed by a supermajority vote of the owners not involved in the deal. During the season, owners will have 48 hours to contest a trade. During the offseason, owners will have up to 1 week to contest a trade.

This system has been in place for two years and has worked fine.

Then there's my own personal safe guard. I never offer a trade through the site until my prospective partner and I have hammered out an amicable agreement. This way there is no chance for a situation like this to arise, because an official binding offer isn't floating out there.

The biggest issue in my mind concerning all this is that we're setting precident for the future. In order to avoid further complications we need to discuss how to handle this type of situation in the future as soon as possible.

I agree with this. From now on, all trades should be confirmed on the board.

By the way fix your sig Lobos, try using this:

[COLOR=red]Mudville Dynasty League -- 10 team -- Year One
Loco Lobos (0-0)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Plummer, Hasselbeck, Leftwich, Roethlisberger
McGahee, R.Johnson, Barber, L.Johnson, Shelton, Moats, Perry, Cobbs, Fargas
Boldin, D.Bennett, Kennison, Evans, McCareins, Jenkins, C.Moore, T.Taylor
Stover, Graham
Atlanta, New York Jets[/COLOR]

I think confirming trades on the board is a good idea. I would encourage people to work their trades out before putting them through Yahoo. I have spoken to some of you through IM and it is a better process to work out a trade.

I do not like league voting on trades. League voting is like five wolves and one sheep deciding what's for dinner. I would prefer that the commish be responsible for vetoing trades.

I think confirming trades on the board is a good idea. I would encourage people to work their trades out before putting them through Yahoo. I have spoken to some of you through IM and it is a better process to work out a trade.

I do not like league voting on trades. League voting is like five wolves and one sheep deciding what's for dinner. I would prefer that the commish be responsible for vetoing trades.

We will confirm trades from now on. As far as voting goes. A vote is only needed if its an obvious collusion scandal which will probably never happen.

Thanks for the help with the sig Bay Area. That was driving me nuts trying to fix it.

That being said. After thinking on the issue, I believe as a matter of precident the trade should have stood. My reasoning is this. There is no rule in place that accounts for the possibilty of overturning such a trade. Like any 1st year league we are going to experience growing pains due to circumstances arising that we hadn't forseen. The simplest and most fair way to settle such disputes are by resolving them based on what's in the rulebook. In this case the trade was still out there. It was legally accepted, (even if it does come across as unsportsmanlike in the way it was accepted). There is nothing in the rules that covers such a scenario. The simplest and IMO most fair precident to set is making a judgement based on the actual rules as written down and not what they might change to in the future.

It's not inconcievable that several of us could be burned as additional unforseen circumstances come up. After all these are to be expected in a league just starting out. I agree that it's upsetting when it happens to you, but again I think it comes down to interpretting the rules that are currently in place.

Thanks for the help with the sig Bay Area. That was driving me nuts trying to fix it.

That being said. After thinking on the issue, I believe as a matter of precident the trade should have stood. My reasoning is this. There is no rule in place that accounts for the possibilty of overturning such a trade. Like any 1st year league we are going to experience growing pains due to circumstances arising that we hadn't forseen. The simplest and most fair way to settle such disputes are by resolving them based on what's in the rulebook. In this case the trade was still out there. It was legally accepted, (even if it does come across as unsportsmanlike in the way it was accepted). There is nothing in the rules that covers such a scenario. The simplest and IMO most fair precident to set is making a judgement based on the actual rules as written down and not what they might change to in the future.

It's not inconcievable that several of us could be burned as additional unforseen circumstances come up. After all these are to be expected in a league just starting out. I agree that it's upsetting when it happens to you, but again I think it comes down to interpretting the rules that are currently in place.

I thought that as well but Bay Area seemed very pissed about it and I just want to have fun.

Well from now on I'm not using the Yahoo tool to post trade proposals. I'm just going to do it on this board. Lesson learned.

Well from now on I'm not using the Yahoo tool to post trade proposals. I'm just going to do it on this board. Lesson learned.

haha :D

I think that is a great plan.