Sign in to follow this  
TAM2020

1.1c freezing up my computer

I initially downloaded 1.1b when I bought Compiler/DB. Then I downloaded 1.1c when it was available.

1.1b works fine. 1.1c freezes up my excel whenever I try to open it. Moreover, whenever I click on the "Update Projections" tab in 1.1b, it goes through the process of updating everything and then at the end, when it goes tot he Cheatsheets page, it freezes up and stops responding.

I'm kind of at a loss what to do.

:rolleyes:

I'm kind of at a loss on what to suggest, because there were no significant changes between 1.1b and 1.1c that should cause any difference. I only added that "skip IDP update" part in 1.1c (minor).

What version of Excel do you have? Do you have other programs running when you try to open the Compiler? It is a fairly big file so the only thing I can think of is it is trying to take up more memory than the computer has available.

I hate this answer but if you've had the computer on for a while, sometimes a complete re-boot will do wonders.

I hate computers...rebooting seems to have worked....sorry for not thinking of doing the obvious before posting.