Sign in to follow this  
Burt

Fraft Discussion

Nice CJ pick. Thought long and hard about going WR/WR or RB/RB and CJ would have been nice to pair with Holt. Of course I just chickened out and decided to go RB/WR.

I was torn on my 2nd round pick between Barber and Martin. I considered punting and drafting Holt or Johnson with my 2.09 in hopes yanko would pick one of Barber or Martin.

Then I got to thinking what if he drafts them both so I put Barber's and Martin's name in a hat and yanked out Tiki.

I guess I'm happing with Barber and Johnson.

I was torn on my 2nd round pick between Barber and Martin. I considered punting and drafting Holt or Johnson with my 2.09 in hopes yanko would pick one of Barber or Martin.

Then I got to thinking what if he drafts them both so I put Barber's and Martin's name in a hat and yanked out Tiki.

I really like Barber as a player, but history and Ronny Jacobs suggests to me that a 5-TD season is coming from Tiki.

I was torn on my 2nd round pick between Barber and Martin.  I considered punting and drafting Holt or Johnson with my 2.09 in hopes yanko would pick one of Barber or Martin. 

I really like Barber as a player, but history and Ronny Jacobs suggests to me that a 5-TD season is coming from Tiki.

Trade me Edge for him. By the time the season starts ted will running the show anyway and it wont be your problem.

I was torn on my 2nd round pick between Barber and Martin.  I considered punting and drafting Holt or Johnson with my 2.09 in hopes yanko would pick one of Barber or Martin. 

Trade me Edge for him. By the time the season starts ted will running the show anyway and it wont be your problem.

That's a win win situation if I ever saw one. Btw, I sent you an offer in the GHB league. :ph34r:

That's a win win situation if I ever saw one. Btw, I sent you an offer in the GHB league. :ph34r:

me or Burt?

I wanted one of K.Jones or J.Jones, couldn't decide so went with Domanick Davis.....just a hunch, I hoped Rusty would pick one of the Jones guys on the turn and I would take the other.....naturally he took both.....probably in some form of cosmic mojo payback since I took one of his beloved Houstor Texorians. :mellow:

The 1st tier WR and QB were taken, and I think Jordan has quite a bit of upside in Turner's offense--so this seemed like an easy choice. Being able to start 3RB gives this lineup real stability at the top IMO.

The 1st tier WR and QB were taken, and I think Jordan has quite a bit of upside in Turner's offense--so this seemed like an easy choice. Being able to start 3RB gives this lineup real stability at the top IMO.

I almost went with Jordan as my 2nd RB but if I'd have drafted him, I would have felt like it was partially because he's a former Terp. I like my combo of McNabb and Owens...

me or Burt?

Burt. Btw, rather strange I'm playing you this week and so are the real teams.

me or Burt?

yeah, I thought that was pretty cool. We're in a tough battle and so are they. Are you keeping up with today's game? Another tight, well-played battle. Great series so far.

me or Burt?

yeah, I thought that was pretty cool. We're in a tough battle and so are they. Are you keeping up with today's game? Another tight, well-played battle. Great series so far.

No but I did see your other thread about the game. Another tough loss. Where's their offense when they get good pitching?

me or Burt?

No but I did see your other thread about the game. Another tough loss. Where's their offense when they get good pitching?

well, the last couple of days it seemed like they kept getting shots to tie the game with Flaherty, Bernie or Womack trying to get it done. That's not good odds.

Peyton Manning

Jamal Lewis

S Jaxx

Pontiac.......you guys R screwded! :pointstosky:

Peyton Manning

Jamal Lewis

S Jaxx

Pontiac.......you guys R screwded! :cry:

I see two RBBC backs and one jail bird. What is Peyton gonna do? Throw 60 TDs?

2.07 laxboy - Owens, WR, Phi :o

:(

I'm not even paying attention to what's going on this preseason...if the Eagles wanna make it back to where they did last year, TO will play and he'll play well...

The only thing that worries me is his contract status but I think eventually he'll get over it when he realizes he doesn't have a leg to stand on...

I didn't think I would have any trouble grabbing Roy Williams with my next pick...oh well. :(

I didn't think I would have any trouble grabbing Roy Williams with my next pick...oh well. :clap:

I spoonfed Manning to you. Stfu! :mad:

Ward a good pick at the bottom. I had he and Driver together.

I'm leery of this holdout. And like many I'm leery of Henry's presence. CBrown and Ward back to back is some high risk/reward drafting.

I like it.

BTW, PIK, the thanks after my pick is for calling not for taking my guy :D

And the " :mad: " is because it's your signature "smiley"...

I'm leery of this holdout. And like many I'm leery of Henry's presence. CBrown and Ward back to back is some high risk/reward drafting.

I like it.

leery no more! :lol:

I'm working the midnight shift :lol: the next few days so I'll be sleeping during the day. You guys will have to PO-lice yourselves.

I like it.

leery no more! :lol:

I said I liked the picks. :o

Man, my team kicks ass.

:pointstosky:

Almost without exception you have gone to the FBG rankings. Boring. :lol:

Nice team

Thanks to Zap for taking Warner...I wanted him but he has the same bye week as McNabb and had he been there this last pick, it'd would have been hard for me not to take him...

Thanks to Zap for taking Warner...I wanted him but he has the same bye week as McNabb and had he been there this last pick, it'd would have been hard for me not to take him...

No problem.

If Warner still has the goods, very debateable, he should have a great year. Excellent talent, a coach with a history of putting up big numbers with vet Qbs, a great schedule for passing, a questionable running game, the probability of playing for cheap TDs late in games. I'll be starting him over Plummer. :ph34r:

Hell, he'll outproduce McNabb. :huh:

Man, my team kicks ass.

:thumbsup:

Almost without exception you have gone to the FBG rankings. Boring. :banana:

Nice team

Do you guys prefer the projections from here or from there :ph34r:

No problem.

If Warner still has the goods, very debateable, he should have a great year. Excellent talent, a coach with a history of putting up big numbers with vet Qbs, a great schedule for passing, a questionable running game, the probability of playing for cheap TDs late in games. I'll be starting him over Plummer. :ph34r:

Hell, he'll outproduce McNabb. :(

;)

I think people are vastly underestimating Warner this year. Fitzgerald and Boldin are both strong young receivers. The offensive line was strengthened over the offseason. And games against the 49ers and his old team, and really the only top quality teams they face all year are Philly and Indy.

I think he'll end up in the top half.

This is the first year I like Arizonas chances and its because of Warner, as long as the O-line protects him :ph34r:

Man, my team kicks ass.

:thumbsup:

Almost without exception you have gone to the FBG rankings. Boring. :thumbsup:

Nice team

I download the free version of Draft Dominator every year. I add my own projections from there. I'd use Cheatsheet Compiler, but I am excel challenged, and DD is a cool tool for free. I've tracked every pick in this draft with it. I've experimented with two different draft theories, and had a good old Rat's Ass time preparing for my more serious leagues.

As far as who is better between Mike vs. Bryant and Dobbs, or FFToday Staff consensus vs. FBG rankings, or geeks vs. shark? Based on real results from the last season.

Mike

Toss up

sharks

If Mike updated more often, and if Nowak took better care of my old IDP rankings, this site would be as useful as that one-- for free. I refuse to subscribe over there. Gimme a break. But, don't hesitate to check out DD for free. If you commish a league with a local draft something like that is a must (and I do). If you play in 3 or more, I think it is still real nice to have handy.

Man, my team kicks ass.

:unsure:

Almost without exception you have gone to the FBG rankings. Boring. :lol:

Nice team

It depends on whether you're talking about comedy or real fantasy football.

:ph34r:

No problem.

Hell, he'll outproduce McNabb. :mad:

:unsure:

I think people are vastly underestimating Warner this year. Fitzgerald and Boldin are both strong young receivers. The offensive line was strengthened over the offseason. And games against the 49ers and his old team, and really the only top quality teams they face all year are Philly and Indy.

I think he'll end up in the top half.

Looking at ADPs at MFL Ants and xperts I would agree, but those are generated by geeky but still regular folks. Looking a little deeper at some serious "expert" leagues and Warner is getting alot more respect than you might think. Phenoms leagues have him going in the 9th about four to six slots ahead of other ADPs, and those turkeys are junkies playing for big money in many cases.

Fitzgerald is for real, and Boldin is possibly better. Warner has reportedly developed a great connection with BJohnson. It's Holt Bruce and Hakim all over again!! Keep Warner under center and the numbers should be there. My bigger concern isn't injury though. He may have lost it. He may really be rattled mentally from the pounding. Put a red jersey on him and let him sling it to those guys untouched and the camp reports are great. Put him under some real pressure and he may fumble six times in a half to protect himself. :lol: