Sign in to follow this  
whoisjgalt

Post-Fraft Ratings

We did this last year in CHIMICHANGA and PISSYPANTS - and it was pretty fun to look back at after the season got going... And the comments provided a nice quantity of hilarity :D.

Here's what you do - Rate the rest of the teams based on the February draft (exclude your own). Rate each position, not just the team as a whole. Providing the comments makes it more fun. Give the team with the best players at that position 100 points and the team with the worst 0. The nine in between should be scored relative to the best and worst. So, if one guy had both of the best TE's and got the 100, it could be the case that everyone else gets scored from 1-50 (for instance).

Remember the starting restrictions when doing this - having three QB's when you only start one provides safty against injury and bye week coverage, but some it that strength also can go to waste.

Have fun with it. Post it here if you like, or just email it to me. If you choose to include your own team in the ratings - it's okay, I can just fix it for the final posting of the ratings.

I will post the scores (and various comments as appropriate) based on what I've received by about two weeks from now.

Ignor any trades that happen in the mean time - this is a fraft rating.

Originally posted by Scatterjack:

that seems way too complicated, or maybe I am just dumb

There you have it. :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

Originally posted by whoisjgalt:

There you have it.    :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  ;)

Just wait till you bring your team to the WhitieDome focker. You're in for it pal!!

Originally posted by Scatterjack:

Just wait till you bring your team to the WhitieDome focker. You're in for it pal!!

You can't handle the Chaos...

Since we're ranking 11 other teams, how about keeping things simple with a 1-11 positional ranking. For example I give scatter an "11" rank for running backs and continue on to whoisjgalt's "1".

Originally posted by Orgazmo:

Since we're ranking 11 other teams, how about keeping things simple with a 1-11 positional ranking. For example I give scatter an "11" rank for running backs and continue on to whoisjgalt's "1".

You can do that instead, if you prefer.

That seems a little harse to say that Scatter's are the worst RB's. :D

The problem is our rosters aren't complete. For example, I have only 1 TE and 1 QB so my ranking would be low, but I have only 1 by design. I guess the best time to do is at least after the next draft.

I'll take a peek and may give it a go, anyhow.

How is this?

Rankings of QBs

100. Shovelheads. By sheer volume of talent. It will be difficult not to score points with these guys to choose from. Another benefit will be when one or two serve as trade bate in the January pre cut decisions.

95. Mini-Ditkas With two terrific starters, what's to complain?

80. Forty Acres Although I like the potential of Aaron Brooks, he has developed a nasty tendancy to stop producing in the most critical of times. Steve McNair is a steady performer who will help carry the team.

75. Fighting Whities Jeff Garcia started flat last year and he is not getting any younger. Tommy Maddox has a lot of potential but not much history. He is no spring chicken either. This team needs to pick up a young QB Carr/Harrington or one of the '03 Rookies in the coming drafts.

70. Blitzin' Bombers Daunte Culpepper has been hot and cold but under Tice seems to be settling down. Jake Plummer is an unkown at this point.

70. Red October Two slots to secure a potentially high octane offensive producer isn't a bad move, but some relief for the bye at least is required in the coming drafts.

65 Mountain Madness Chad Pennington is developing but until he puts in a couple of good seasons, questions remain. Drew Brees is devoid of striking power receivers and his production level is suspect.

65 Low Level Owls Matt Hasselbeck is the newly re-appointed starting QB. There is hope with his strong finish but counting on him to lead you to fantasy championship is asking alot. If Brad Johnson develops like Rich Gannon in Oakland, he will be a fantasy star. If.

65 Dark Side of the Moon Another starter is high priority in the upcoming drafts, but of the single QB teams, McNabb is the best of the bunch.

60 Chaos Theory, Borg With one good starter, much depends on who is acquired as alternate.

0 Freeze With a blank here, Freeze is left out in the cold for top level QBs.

Running Backs

100 Freeze Because of the concentration of power I give a small advantage to Know Doubt. Zereoue has the potential to break out this season. Portis should be in the top 5.

90 Fighting Whities This roster has lots of power. But with the addition of Bettis and the lingering injury issues with Holmes and Martin weigh down the overall score. I think Bettis is done and this pick could have been a productive receiver. Still just minor blemishes on the overall powerful lineup assembled.

80 Shovelheads Ricky Williams is poised to dominate for the next 2-3 years. Eddie George is wearing down fast. With Emmitt's release, Troy Hambrick may become a decent rotational starter. Jonathan Wells maybe lost in the shuffle in Houston.

75 Forty Acres Ahman Green and Michael Bennett makes a nice pair of strike players. Both get a lot of receptions too. Moe Williams and Kevin Faulk are rotational starters.

75 Red October LaDainian Tomlinson will be a top level producer for many years to come. William Green really stank up the leauges last season for the first 8 games but could be turning it around. T.J. Duckett has good potential but it may be next season before he takes a full load.

70 Chaos Theory Marshall Faulk and injury are being spoken too often in the same sentences in the past two years. How old is he this year? James Stewart may not have a job. Olandis Gary is another pea in the NFL shell game and Trung Canidate gets a chance to do something for Team Superior.

70 Low Level Owls Deuce McAllister is the top player for this game design IMO. He catches passes and can score from all over the field. Then we come to Kevan Barlow, a guy who could not take the job away from the aging warrior Garrison Hearst last year. Rotational at best. What is the future of Anthony Thomas? There are a lot of negative vibs about him.

70 Mini-Ditkas Corey Dillon will become a better fantasy producer with Lewis as head coach. Warrick Dunn might resume at the pace he sustained at the end of last season, and then again he might not. Garrison Hearst keeps suprising me every season and this won't be his last. Lamar Gordon is a gamble but with the move of Canidate to Washington, this prospect is improving.

65 Borg Travis Henry will need to cure a fumbling problem and Edge needs to cure his head. Hopeful signs of both are found. Correll Buckhalter is a gamble.

65 Dark Side of the Moon Tiki Barber and Michael Pittman gather a lot of receptions. Pittman's production will continue to be streaky. Stacey Mack may disappear and Kenny Watson's team just traded for a player like Kenny Watson, only better.

60 Mountain Madness Jamal Lewis may have put his injuries behind him like Terry Allen did. Duce Staley's hold on the starting job in Philly is weak. Antowain Smith is a Rotational starter. Emmitt Smith is an unknown and LaMont Jordan is not playable unless Curtis Martin goes down.

60 Blitzin' Bombers Shaun Alexander scored 5 Touchdowns against Dallas this season. Name me another starter who scored the same number on the same team. James Stewart. LaDell Betts has new competition for the starting job on his team. You have to start at least one Running Back and there is only one starter here.

Wide Receivers

95 Dark Side of the Moon A very stout lineup which could have gotten stronger if Ike Hilliard had gone elsewhere in free agency.

85 Borg With Marvin and a strong supporting cast, points will not be a problem from this group. A trio of aging stars (Rice/R.Smith/McCardell) will help carry the team.

80 Chaos Theory If Team Superior settles down, and Gardner gets focused, he could vault into the upper level of fantasy producers. Owens is a fantasy monster and if Ward comes close to last season's numbers, Chaos will reign.

80 Low Level Owls Moss is a head case and a potential drug suspension, but other than that, he is a great fantasy player. Corey Bradford has sleeper potential to have a good year in '03. Joe Horn suffers during the regularly scheduled team swan dive.

75 Red October Koren Robinson is poised to breakout this season if Hasselbeck settles into the starter role. Burress is another strong starter. Marc Boerigter and Kevin Johnson are nice to plug into the lineup. Lelie and Reed are potential starters, depending on the actions of their teams this off season.

75 Freeze L.Coles maybe on the Falcon's roster next season. Troy Brown is old but still catches a ton of balls. Eddie Kennison will fill a weekly starter slot. Steve Smith is on a bad team with lots of questionmarks. The 49ers would like to replace Tai Streets but that may not happen this season while Antonio Bryant has been negatively impacted by the free agent moves of his team. Deion Branch is a project.

75 Shovelheads Three very strong starters in Driver, C.Johnson and J.Smith. Tim Dwight will be on the bench as much as in the lineup. Here is where the 3 QBs taken hurts this lineup. No depth.

75 Blitzing Bombers Porter and Stallworth are great young players. Porter will not reach his potential until the Grey-namic Duo retires. Stallworth still has some injury issues. Galloway maybe on his way out in Dallas after this season. The rest are rotational fodder.

75 Forty Acres Issac Bruce still has a couple of top level years left in him. Reggie Wayne and Peter Warrick are #2 recievers on their teams. Travis Taylor came on in the latter part of the '02 season but huge question marks remain. Terry Glenn going to Dallas is an interesting development but unsure in fantasy production.

70 Mini-Ditkas Eric Moulds maybe impacted by the decision on P.Price to stay or go. David Boston is another potential drug suspension, head case that will cause constipation at all the wrong times. Chris Chambers has the potential to soar like an eagle, but he is surrounded by turkeys (Fielder/Wanny/who starts on the other side of Chambers?). I have no faith in David Terrell.

70 Mountain Madness Amani Toomer and Tim Brown will be steady starters, though Tim Brown's lack of red zone production is worrisome. Muhammed is on a bad team with no QB. Finneran just signed a 4 year deal but it is widely speculated the Falcons will sign a #1 Reciever and Finneran will be the #2 guy. Not much depth here either.

65 Fighting Whities Marty Booker catches a ton of balls but the question remains, who will be chunking the rock in Chi-town? Conway is a free agent but might land as someone's #2. Crebet rebounded with a nice season last year but the future is unclear. Robert Ferguson may lose out the battle for #2 in Green Bay to Javon Walker. Not much depth.

Tight Ends

85 Borg Franks is a Red Zone target for Bret Favre. McMichaels had a good mid season run until he wore down.

85 Chaos Theory With the most dynamic man in sports entertainment histor.... I mean with the most dynamic man in New York Giant Short Yardage Packages, Shockey has monster potential. Jolley is a good prospect in a very productive offense.

80 Blitzin' Bombers Todd Heap may have a strong season but like many others, the questions as QB overshadow the situation. Eric Johnson had a less than stellar '02 season with injuries and adjustments in his second campaign with the '9ers.

75 Mini-Ditkas Shannon Sharpe might have a good season and then again, who knows who will be the QB in Denver. Jake Plummer has not shown much love to the TEs before this year. Daniel Graham has potential but the team (NE) used a lot of TEs last year and there is no indication yet on what this season will be like. Plus he was hurt a lot last year.

75 Low Level Owls Freddie Jones has fallen off the map the past two seasons. With no known QBs in Phoenix waiting to reverse this situation, it makes it tough to predict a return to fantasy glory for Jones. Chad Lewis is a rotational starter.

70 Forty Acres Tony Gonzales is of the top threats at his position, but you have to worry about all the postering and fallout from his holdout last season. Depth is missing.

65 Shovelheads Indy is looking for someone to start opposite Pollard in their two tight end sets. Still a very nice starter.

60 Mountain Madness, Red October, Freeze, Dark Side of the Moon All have one good player to plug into a starting rotation, but each needs 3 of these guys to insure some level of production.

0 Fighting Whities No players, no score.

[ 03-05-2003: Message edited by: Dan Sez ]

Using Dan's scores, as of right now here is how the league will end up. (Note: anyone given a zero had their total score divided by 3 instead of 4...I know this is flawed but work with me)

Shovelheads - Best team

Freeze

Mini-Ditka's

Fighting Whities

Forty Acres

Chaos Theory/Borg (tie)

Low Level Owls

Blitzen Bombers/Dark Side of the Moon

Red October

Mountain Madness

Very interesting....younger brothers always get picked on regardless of how old we are! :D

Originally posted by Longhorndd:

Using Dan's scores...

Lets see some other rating as well. Like JGalt said, it can make some interesting reading at the end of the season.

Give us a rundown of your ratings, Longhorndd

Originally posted by Dan Sez:

Lets see some other rating as well.  Like JGalt said, it can make some interesting reading at the end of the season.

Mine will come - but I need some free time to write them up. I know they'll be different from Dan's.

I figured that was the bottom line because Dan Sez so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, Dan is a shill for Triple H so he can't use a catch phrase of a real champion. :D

My ratings will be posted soon

BTW - Boston from Arizona signed with San Diego. Marty is usually not a fantasy friendly coach for WRs.

[ 03-05-2003: Message edited by: Longhorndd ]

.....it can make some interesting reading at the end of the season.

I can't wait to hit bring this back up when I win this league! :D

Tied for 9th, indeed.

The forecast is incomplete. Power ratings may be applied to the ratsassmeter for relative scale.

I expect to do better than my current ranking too.

I figured that was the bottom line because Dan Sez so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, Dan is a shill for Triple H ...

Then it would be "beeee uh Cause, I uh Ama That Damm Good.

[ 03-05-2003: Message edited by: Dan Sez ]

How is this?

Rankings of QBs......

Seriously, great work Dan...very good analysis.

Using Dan's scores, as of right now here is how the league will end up. (Note: anyone given a zero had their total score divided by 3 instead of 4...I know this is flawed but work with me)

Shovelheads - Best team

Freeze

Mini-Ditka's

Fighting Whities

Forty Acres

Chaos Theory/Borg (tie)

Low Level Owls

Blitzen Bombers/Dark Side of the Moon

Red October

Mountain Madness

Very interesting....younger brothers always get picked on regardless of how old we are!   :D

Two things to say about that evaluation

1) Good job with looking at everyone at every position

2) The NFL is often unpredicatable, I drafted more on gut feelings and the hope I have more Kurt Warner types than Blair Thomas wannabees! I guess we will all see down the road who did what....

Quarterbacks

100 Bill Swerski

Michael Vick is the future of the league, passing and running like a top ten back. The only worry is the physical beating he brings on himself. But that's when a backup like Gannon comes in. The Raiders aren't as victimized by the cap as everyone thought, and Gannon still has most of his weapons. Wish I drafted him. Now just draft a rookie and relax.

95 Shovelheadt

Manning, Bledsoe, and Favre. Sheer volume of talent has him ranked this high. Injuries are not a concern thanks to the depth but cap issues wait for him down the road. I traditionally have at least three good quarterbacks in case of injury, so I'm not going to say he shoulda coulda with other positions.

75 Blitzen

Culpepper is a very durable double-threat that improved down the stretch thanks in no small part to the development of Mt McKinnie. Tice stays so there's stability for Daunte and with the team addressing defense, even more pressure is relieved. A value pick for our system. Plummer just signed with Shanahan so the ranking drives Blitzen up. Every year people think "this could be Jake's year", and now it may be true. A third QB comes later at a lower price.

70 Hellothere

Brad Johnson kicked serious ass the second half of the season. He can single-handedly keep HT competitive for a few years before a cutting may be necessary. Some people aren't sold on Hasselback, but I am. A mental mistake here and there, but his confidence level is at an all-time high. He knows he can start at this level and so do his teammates. A third can be drafted later - or not.

60 Hog Chow

When McNabb is healthy, he is one of the top three QBs for our system. Fortunately for Hig Chew, he's pretty good at staying healthy - plus he's young. Obviously depth is necessary, but there's no need to pay a high price for it as McNabb is more likely to stay on the field than not.

40 Longhorndd

Brooks fades down the stretch. He puts up good numbers up until then, but unless he changes, he'll always be known as fader to me. (Ha, whoisjgalt!, I was right about him in my Sanctuary prediction after all. In your face! ;) ) Steve McNair is warrior that should keep Longhorn in the thick of things when Brooks' fade kicks in. Drafting another later is paramount.

30 Pale Rider

Ranking has shot upward thanks to the Boston signing. Brees, while I've always liked him, has the conservative specter of Schottenheimer hovering over him. While I don't think the passing volume will increase, the quality of throws should. Pennington is pretty cool, but I'm guessing defenses will start to take away the underneath stuff and force him to throw long. With the arc resulting from his limited arm, the safeties have a shot at getting under those.

25 Scatterjack

Garcia is growing increasingly ordinary looking to me. At 34, he's also no spring chicken, but hey, he still has Owens on the team. Now Maddox I dig. I'm a huge Tommy fan and have a feeling Scatter will be starting him a lot more than Garcia. Health is the biggest concern with Tommy, illustrated by a minor hit causing major damage to his back.

20 Dan Sez

Tom Brady is, um, young, and um, has good targets. I have a feeling that when the coach gets a good running game, Brady's numbers will fall into the Brees category. Depth will be drafted later.

15 Whoisjgalt

Green SHOULD be posting Ram-type numbers, but he doesn't. Not yet. Not with any consistancy. In fact, Green likes to throw in five interception games just to keep his owners on their toes. Have fun and draft some quality depth, jgalt.

0 Knowdoubt

Doesn't seem to like quarterbacks. He'll be relying on rookies or depth-quality passers for his starter. *cough*tradewithshovel*cough*

Runningbacks

100 Scatterjack

Well duh. He only sacrificed other postitions for this corp, he should enjoy the top ranking.

90 Knowdoubt

Portis is a god, and a young one to boot. Garner also has several years left on him and, like Gannon, benefits from an offense still pretty well intact. Fred Taylor is what he is, the best back in the league or laying in a hospital bed. Amos Z will be huge this year, in the passing game if nothing else.

70 Dan Sez

Ranking could be higher is Edge is fully rcovered, but Henry makes a hell of a starter and Buckhaulter might prove worthy of getting the lion's share of carrys in the second half of the season.

65 Bill Swerski

Dillon and Hearst have some production left to offer if only for a limited amount of time. Gordon is the clear backup to Faulk with a year under his belt and an offensive line that has healed. Dunn has never put up two productive years in a row. History supports a Dunn fall-off, but he can change that - the only question is "will he".

60 Shovelheadt

Ricky Williams is a steamroller, which is really bad for the main board because Bouve will now never shut the hell up about him. Eddie is going to give a few more years of solid play, and really the only knock on him is age and mileage. Hambrick will be given a shot but let's not kid ourselves -- coach's want their own chosen talent on the field. Wells eats, but is at least a warm body to fill huge lineup requirements.

50 Whoisjgalt

Faulk is still a monster, but Stewart's future is cloudy, Trung's future is cloudy (I don't believe a thing Spurrier says), and O Gary just doesn't have a future at the moment. Good thing Faulk is capable of producing for two.

40 Longhorndd

Green and Bennett. A pair that could rock or flat out not. Assuming they do rock, must depth needs to be drafted because Moe and Kevin are warm bodies for a lineup and little more.

35 Hog Chow

Tiki Barber CAN carry a team, and he's proven it but Pittman has not. His super bowl performance does offer a ray of hope. Mack's offseason movement can push HC higher up the rankings or leave him here. Watson is a non-factor.

30 Pale Rider

Jamal Lewis will get you by. I like Duce but I'm not sure his own coach likes him. Past these two - rebuild.

25 Hellothere

Deuce makes a tremedious foundation for a team if he can shake the injury rep. Barlow is a gifted runner but needs to be more than that if he wants to be a full-timer. Thomas is only as good as his offensive line. I would have butterflys in my stomach if these were my runners.

20 Blitzen

Shaun Alexander will have a great year. Draft him some depth in the next few months.

Wide Receivers

100 Whoisjgalt

Owens, Ward, Gardner, Jackson, and at times Norhcutt can all have big games, because they HAVE all had big games, and when jgalt plays me I'm betting they all have big games at the same time. SUXOR!

90 Bill Swerski

Maybe Boston was a reach that early, and maybe not. If he's healthy he's capable of devistating numbers. Moulds can also kill an opponent, but has yet to do so consistently from year to year. Does Bledsoe keep at the top this year or does he have his every-other-year dip in production? Chambers is stud but his QB is not. David Terrell is someone I draft almost every year because of his sheer potential. Thank God Swerski took him or I would have been tempted again.

80 Dan Sez

Some of them are a little long in the tooth, but until that's an issue they provide DS a solid lineup. Harrison is money every year - every year. Jerry Rice is still producing at his age, and is still in a powerful offense. Rod is a great target, but is surrounded by other great targets. Antwaan has the ability to take it to the house at any time. He could do a lot of damage with his limited opportunities. Walker is a waint-n-see but appears to have a leg up on Ferguson.

75 Hog Chow

Keyshawn starting picking it up in the second half, as I knew he would when I drafted him in the chimi. Price is now a Falcon, and will be producing numbers next year. I fear this year will be one of growth and learning. Mason will give you a big game or a big goose egg, and Holt has the ability to produce big numbers (of course that seems the case every year), but I have always thought him rather overrated.

70 Blitzen

Maybe deserves to be ranked higher based on his players' potential alone. All are young and fairly unproven (apart from Galloway), but it wouldn't surprise me if statistically he finished at the top when the year is over. I'm afraid of him.

60 hellothere

Moss is a bad ass - when he wants to be, and Horn is a bad ass - when Brooks isn't fading. Thrash, Bradford, and S Moss are not spectular but are certainly productive; and with our lineup requirements, that is a very valuable thing.

50 Pale Rider

Amani Toomer really surged toward the end of last season, giving him the potential to knock one of the big three right of the big three. Things get a little rougher after Toomer. I'm a fan of Finneran and the scoring he can provide and that alone may have me rank PR higher than others. The Falcons also gave him an extension, so they also must believe the good outweighs the bad. Muhammad and Brown are old and worn but will get him through the year.

40 Knowdoubt

Coles and Brown are a solid veteran foundation. Smith, Bryant, and Branch offer KD a very promising future. I don't feel they will make an impact this year, though, due to QB questions in Dallas ansd Carolina. Kennison is cuttable.

30 Longhorn

Bruce has disappeared, but could resurface making him one of the steals in the draft. Taylor is improving and I surely would've liked to draft him for myself. Wayne is an interesting prospect, as he now has no competition for the second receiver position opposite Harrison - a position that should produce gold but has yet to. Warrick is at least on the field to break off a long one, while Terry Glenn = :-|

20 Shovelheadt

Johnson and Driver are great to have. Smith could still produce id Brunnel stays in Jax. I AM TIM DWIGHT'S BIGGEST FAN - I even have his jersey, but even I have to admit he just isn't producing. :D

10 Scatterjack

Like I said, he has great running backs.

[ 03-09-2003: Message edited by: Orgazmo ]

Great post and analysis.

You can't spell and your grammar is the pits.

So it would seem. :D

Tight Ends

100 whoisjgalt

Why 100? Well, someone has to get that score. Both the TE’s can score from longer distances. Shockey has the passing offense seemingly designed for him. Jolley gets to be the forgotten man in passing situations, as the defense worries about the three WR’s and Garner. Both are very young.

90 Dan Sez

Neither of these guys are likely to get strike plays, but both are great TD targets. A very solid pairing.

85 Blitzen

Heap scored out as the top TE last year, and he’s very young. Johnson has the occasional “nice” game, but never seems to break out. This score is practically all for Heap.

70 LonghornDD

An excellent first TE in Gonzo. But I have to score him at less that the other first three due to the constant thread of turning to basketball.

70 Orgazmo

Stevens is a guy who really turned it on at the end of last season and someone that both O & I like for 2003. Young and big and can play like a WR. Excellent start.

55 Swerski

This score assumes Sharpe isn’t retiring. Sharpe is no long-term solution, but will have another good year in 2003 if he does return. Graham seems to be in a TEBC situation, but should emerge as time goes on.

45 Shovelheadt

Pollard ought to get more yardage than he does. Decent number of TD’s, but he needs a good compliment.

45 Hig Chew

If Miller can develop with Carr, then I have underrated him here. A solid pick for where he was selected.

45 Pale Rider

Crumpler ought to benefit from the departure of Reggie Kelley and the arrival of Peerless Price. Also a nice selection.

35 Know Doubt

Brady is fine, but less upside than many of the others.

10 hellothere

You took two TE’s, but neither is worth much to me. Nobody to throw the ball to Jones, and Lewis is another TE in a TEBC situation. There were better guys on the board at each pick.

0 Scatterjack

No TE’s – no score. You remember that we have to start two, right?

Running Backs

100 Scatterjack

RB’s is mostly all this team has. The first four picks were very well used, but the big guys he picked later are only realistically usable as bye week plug-ins.

95 Know Doubt

Very close to Scatter. In fact, it’s only due to Scatter having the extra guys he took late for bye weeks that Know Doubt isn’t tied with him.

85 Orgazmo

This group scares me. Young and talented. If Duckett gets more playing time, then watch out. Only quantity keeps this group from being seeded higher. O got the last of the consensus top-four in LT, then the last of the next group in Willie Green.

75 Dan Sez

I don’t know how much anyone can count on any Eagle RB next year, but the other two were drafted right at the right time. In fact, Edge was a steal there at the end of the 3rd. Only the threat of Rhodes or Williams or Mungro stealing time from him kept him from getting taken at 3.07. Henry will continue to be a monster.

70 Swerski

Someone else who got the right guys at the right time. If Faulk goes down again, then this group moves into the top three. Dunn and Hearst were great value where they were taken.

55 Shovelheadt

This is just for Ricky. Eddie doesn’t seem to have too much left in his tanks, but wasn’t a bad pick at 3.03. The other two will likely go into the season as back-ups.

45 LonghornDD

Ahman Green was drafted a little too early for my taste – I’d rather had Henry there. But getting Bennett fixes that problem.

45 whoisjgalt

Getting Faulk at 1.07 is pretty great. The rest can work out great if provided with the right situation, or could have been wasted picks. If two of the three work out well, this a very nice group.

40 hellothere

Barlow was indeed taken too early, but he should pan out in the future. McAllister or Alexander or Faulk at 1.05 was a tough call, I’m sure. If Thomas has a better OLine, then this trio warrants a better score. A bonus since all three are young.

40 Hig Chew

Basically, it’s just Barber. Pittman and Mack are hopes, much like whoisjgalt’s hopes for Stewart, Gary, and Canidate. I had figured you’d go Barber & Bennett – in which case you’d be in a great position here.

20 Pale Rider

Lewis is a great guy to have as a #2 – or matched with an awesome set of WR’s like I have done in CHIMICHANGA. Instead, you’re counting on a lot from him. The rest of your RB’s look like RBBC’s – which I consider a nightmare.

0 Blitzen

Since someone has to get a zero, Blitz is it. A one-man positional ranking. Betts is worth very little. Alexander will be great for years to come, but you need to have a couple others that could also add value to this position.

Quarterbacks

100 Swerski

#1 by a good margin here. Vick is young and talented and good for many of the 40+ TD’s. And the league MVP as a back-up. Nothing more needs to be said.

75 Shovelheadt

I’m really discounting the value of depth for a position where you only start one guy. Trade one to help out elsewhere.

75 Hig Chew

McNabb could have been MVP last year if the ankle hadn’t gotten broken. Obviously a warrior – considering that he played out the game with it broken. No reason to expect anything less of him next year.

75 Blitzen

Culpepper is big and tough and very valuable. If Plummer works out in Denver – a nice pair.

65 LonghornDD

Brooks and his late-season fades are troublesome, but McNair is a very nice guy to have available when that happens. Just hope that McNair is healthier this year.

60 Orgazmo

Got the Ram QB locked up. Great situation if the OLine gets fixed.

50 Pale Rider

Pennington looked good in 2002, but will that last? Neither of these guys has the prototypical arm. If a strike play happens, it’ll be a 5-10 yard pass with a long run by the receiver.

50 Scatterjack

Like O, I think Maddox will be your starter. Both guys are over 30, so this position needs another young guy.

50 hellothere

If Hasselbeck continues to improve off last year’s end, then you move up. Brad Johnson is a nice back-up/fall-back.

35 Dan Sez

See your brother’s score for the reason I can’t go higher here too.

20 whoisjgalt

Steve McNair was stolen from me by a guy who already had Brooks. Trent Green can get it done – he did last year. The new contract may not help him in the huddle, though.

0 Know Doubt

No QB’s – no score.

Receivers

100 whoisjgalt

A stud in Owens and another stud in Ward. Then two very nice guys to have at the next level in Jackson and Garner. And then Northcutt who can have huge games as a WR plus scores nicely as a return man.

85 Dan Sez

Harrison is a great start. Rice and Smith are not the kind of guys to be kept more than once, but will score well enough. Randle El is worthy due to the addition of the return scoring.

85 Swerski

A solid combo in Boston-Moulds-Chambers. He’s hoping for Chambers to look more like 2001 than 2002.

80 Orgazmo

Burress, KRob, Lelie, and Reed are a very nice group to build around. This group is young and talented. Just barely below the two guys right above you.

70 hellothere

Moss and Horn are a very nice combo at the top, but the rest of the group is iffy.

70 Hig Chew

Good quantity and quality here. Price won’t have a 2003 as good as his 2002, but after a year with Vick – watch out. I like Mason, Keyshawn, and Hilliard where they were selected.

50 Shovelheadt

I like getting Driver and Chad – youth and talent. Jimmy still can produce. Dwight is just a special teams play.

50 Blitzen

Porter, Stallworth, and Morgan are three young guys with bright futures. This group is solid for the future, but won’t be too impactful in 2003.

40 Pale Rider

Toomer and Finneran are good guys to have. Brown seems like a #3 nowadays. What the heck happened to Muhammad? I guess you’re hoping Carolina solves its QB problem.

40 Know Doubt

I like Coles, Brown, and Bryant. The youth of Coles and Bryant is a plus. I don’t expect much from the others.

20 LonghornDD

All these guys have solid “if’s” attached to them. None are the #1 guy in their respective passing games.

0 Scatterjack

Booker is worth something. The rest are not so great.

Weighting my scores in the following way:

1 for QB

3 for RN

3 for WR

1 for TE

Results in the following rankings:

78.1 Orgazmo

77.5 Swerski

75.6 Dan Sez

69.4 whoisjgalt

56.3 Hig Chew

55.0 Know Doubt

54.4 Shovelheadt

48.8 hellothere

43.8 Scatterjack

41.3 LonghornDD

38.8 Blitzen

34.4 Pale Rider

78.1 Orgazmo

Hands down the best analysis ever, Jgalt!

Hands down the best analysis ever, Jgalt!

The order of the top four could be up for debate. If I were to weight the various positions a little differently, then it would change. But I do see those four as being the correct ones to be at the top. And I like Hig Chew for the best of the rest.

QB

100-Shovelheads-Volume and quality therein is unmatched.

80-Blitzen-Dropoff is pretty big in that no one else comes close to Shovel's corp. here. Culp and the Snake are in the prime of their careers and should be good for years.

75-Scatterjack-Garcia was considered elite until last year, i think he can bounce back. Maddox has plenty of potential with his WR's.

75-LonghornDD-I am a confessed Brooks backer, and McNair showed us all what he is capable from last year.

75-Swerski-Vick has skills, that's a definite, im not as crazy about him as most i admit. Gannon, if his team can stay off the shuffleboard courts they will continue to be good with him.

65-Hog Chow-McNabb is a beast and sure fire elite.

65-Orgazmo-Warner or Bulger, it matters not. Orgazmo will reap the benefits of a rebirth of the Rams O IMO.

65-Pale Rider-Pennington has taken a recent downgrade due to Coles talks. But on the bright side Brees got Boston, anybody ever heard of this guy? I hear he's kinda weak?

60-Whoisjdalt-Trent Green will probably do very well next year, but Priest rumours still linger and no backup.

60-Dan Sez-Brady is more than servicable, but again no backup.

0-Know Doubt-MIA

RB

100-Scatterjack-Too hard to argue with this many backs. Holmes/Davis/CuMar/Shipp all have places in the future, but i worry a bit about the future of Alstott/Bettis.

95-Know Doubt-This group has more potential to be dominant over even Scatterjack's IMO. But {insert F.Taylor injury joke here} is always a concern. Portis is a great up and comer and if Garner is used more like the beginning of the year as opposed to the end he is golden.

85-Orgazmo-LT2 is a hoss. Willy looks to be coming on and Duckett, if they will use him properly, could be awesome.

75-Pale Rider-If Duce and Ant hold onto their prime position, the quantity should make it a fine group.

75-LonghornDD-Ahman is underrated at this point. Bennett is quality, i honestly don't know what would be better for your team. Moe to go or stay, but either way you are ready.

75-Hog Chow-Pittman started to "get it" it seemed to me as the year went on. Tiki is no secret finally it seems.

75-Swerski-Dillon should get plenty of trash time with an improved D. Warrick will get lots of out of the backfield dumps.

70-Dan Sez-T.Henry will be very good in the future as long as Bledsoe is there. Edge has yet to prove himself to me, as does Buckhalter, but the talent is there.

65-Whoisjdalt-Marshall can dominate a game, but is getting towards the end. The rest of the field are iffy.

65-Shovelhead-Ricky will put up consistant good points, however I'm in doubt as to Eddie going anywhere but down from here out, the others are iffy too.

55-Blitzen-Alexander is a Sunday night machine, but can't do it by himself. Betts took a big downgrade with the addition of Trung.

WR

100-Whoisjdalt-Owens is elite. Hines will put up good numbers with Maddox at the helm, and the rest are all very promising.

95-Hog Chow-No stand out elite's but quality upon quality.

90-Orgazmo-A lot of young playmakers, and what is scary is most should improve coming into next year.

80-Know Doubt-Quanity is what bumps this group above some others. However, the lack of someone who is studly keeps it down.

80-Dan Sez-Starvin Marvin is Webster's definition of consistant. The rest of the top three are very good traditionally, and I understand your thoughts of cutting them in the future, but I even begin wonder about this next season, much less the future.

75-Blitzen-More potential than you know what to do with. If even a few of these guys take it to the next level watch out.

75-Swerski-Boston if he recovers completely and can overcome Martyball can outmuscles anyone for the TD ball. Moulds is top notch as well and Chambers should be very good and Terrell was a TD machine before hurt.

70-Shovelhead-Quality group, but no standouts. Driver's future if this is Farve's last year? Jimmy could be in a jax offensive melt-down this year.

70-LonghornDD-Have the bodies, but talent is suspect.

60-Scatterjack-Booker seems to be the only one i would count on week in week out for numbers.

60-Pale Rider-Toomer...see above.

TE

100-Whoisjdalt-Shockey and Jolley are dominat over the other groups.

95-Blitzen-Heap is very good to be this good on a bad team. Eric Johnson should do better next year.

95-Dan Sez-Franks will get you TD's as long as Farve is around and McMicheal has a promising future.

85-LonghornDD-Gonzo is the last of the studs.

75-Shovelhead-Pollard is very good, but Dungy worries.

75-Pale Rider-Crump will get lots of dumps out of the backfield from Vick.

70-Swerski-This group would be a lot higher if not for Fauria.

70-Orgazmo-Stevens came on well, but is still young and has another to compete against.

65-Hog Chow-I think that as the line gets better as well as the offense, Millers numbers will actually drop.

60-Know Doubt-Brady could also be in trouble if the Jax offense implodes.

0-Scatterjack-MIA

Using whoisjdalt's weighing method the projections would end up the following way.

1.Orgazmo -82.5

2.whoisjdalt -81.875

3.Hog Chow -80

4.Dan Sez -75.625

5a.Bill Swerski-74.375

5b.LonghornDD -74.375

7.Know Doubt -73.125

8.Shovelhead -72.5

9.Blitzen -70.625

10.Scatterjack -69.375

11.Pale Rider -68.125

I weighed more into depth than some of the other rankings I think. Also the loss of points by having no starters was probably bigger than it should have been. I also think the weighing system could be tweaked to something more along the lines of

QB-1.75

RB-2.75

WR-3

TE-1.25

But im feeling lazy and that is a lot of work for a minimal shift in points.

Originally posted by hellothere:

whoisjdalt

Ouch.

Ouch.

can't be too upset, had you ranked #2

:D