Sign in to follow this  
whoisjgalt

Draft Commentary -- Round 5

continue...

[ 02-25-2003: Message edited by: whoisjgalt ]

I'm intrigued by the 4RB strategies...not crticisizing it, but it interesting nonetheless. Still shocked at a few players who are still on the board....

Hog Chow- That was more a pick for the future. (shipp)

my booker pick sucked. why cant i develop a strategy and stick with it for more than 5 minutes? :D

Originally posted by Scatterjack:

Hog Chow- That was more a pick for the future. (shipp)

my booker pick sucked. why cant i develop a strategy and stick with it for more than 5 minutes?   :D

I like Shipp, I would be cocerned about that offense. Teams may be able to stack up againt the run if Boston and Plummer leave.

Booker isnt a bad pick at all, not sure why you say that???

Originally posted by Hog Chow:

Booker isnt a bad pick at all, not sure why you say that???

The only thing that scares me about Book is the shakiness of the QB situation in Chicago. If they trade up to grab one of the top 2 QBs, it's a decent pick.

When I refreshed and saw Chad Johnson taken right before me, it felt like a kick in the groin. Still, Koren makes a decent consolation prize.

Originally posted by Orgazmo:

When I refreshed and saw Chad Johnson taken right before me, it felt like a kick in the groin. Still, Koren makes a decent consolation prize.

Good pick. I'd have loved to get him at 5.07.

Originally posted by Blitzen:

So is hellothere gone until tonight? That's what he seemed to say in his email.

We got to him by 3, he said he'd be around until 3 or 3:30...he tends to misjudge his times, though. Let's hope he checks in before he goes, otherwise we're shut down.

We got to him by 3, he said he'd be around until 3 or 3:30...he tends to misjudge his times, though.  Let's hope he checks in before he goes, otherwise we're shut down.

Shut down 'til when?

I'm trying to avoid reading everything written here today in order to find it - thanks.

gonna be just a tad late, but didn't want to leave you all hanging.

Originally posted by hellothere:

gonna be just a tad late, but didn't want to leave you all hanging.

You just broke Swerski's heart.

I'm intrigued by the 4RB strategies...not criticizing it, but it interesting nonetheless

I know, I find it quite surprising as well. I figured with the scoring system that WR would be the prime choices. We'll see how it pans out but this is certainly working out much differently than I imagined.

You just broke Swerski's heart.

:D I figured the Train would make it back to me. Now, I have to take Dustin Lyman to get my Bearssss fix in this leasgue. :rolleyes:

I just called longhorndd and got an answering machine. They can't be far away and I left a message. If I don't hear anything in 30 minutes, I'll call again.

Originally posted by Bill Swerski:

I know, I find it quite surprising as well.  I figured with the scoring system that WR would be the prime choices.  We'll see how it pans out but this is certainly working out much differently than I imagined.

Interesting, I am suprised no one else did it with me. Balance is overrated :D

Priest had 70 catches last year and Shipp had 39 in a little more than half a year.

The two bastards in front of me picked the two guys I had in mind for this pick.

Originally posted by whoisjgalt:

The two bastards in front of me picked the two guys I had in mind for this pick.

I had Rod typed in up at 5.02.....replaced it with Booker. My thinking, both teams suck equally. Both teams have disarray at QB. I hate Washington.....and I think Booker is a much cooler name than Rod.

Originally posted by Scatterjack:

I think Booker is a much cooler name than Rod.

Can you dig it, SUCKAAAAAA?!

Just trying to return the favor. You've gotten me a couple of times now. Oh well.

Originally posted by shovelheadt:

Just trying to return the favor. You've gotten me a couple of times now. Oh well.

My bad, not you. Was thinking of another team.

:mad:    :rolleyes:

Seriously, it wasn't meant as a jibe. I got you confused with someone else.

Contact at least.

Longhorn is in the midst of a grocery run so it will be about 45min - hour(?) before we will get a pick. You bastages in front took the three guys on his short list...

Anyway you spell it, a short break

I emailed Pale Rider an update too so that might speed things up soon.

Thanks DS, there's a chance I'll pick tonight then. I'll check back after dinner.

Anyone else think the talent is dwindling fast? Scary thing is our starting rosters are less than half filled. The next rounds will separate the men from the boys....

[ 02-25-2003: Message edited by: Hog Chow ]

Wow Dan - don't just be the first guy to pick someone over 32 - make it 40 while you're at it. Nice production, of course. Just not long term production.

Just call it Programmed Obsolence. I need his production and it seems a fair bet he will put up close to the same numbers as this season. A safe short term bet.

Thanks DS, there's a chance I'll pick tonight then....[ 02-25-2003: Message edited by: Hog Chow ]

I have Pale Rider's picks thru Round 6 so we could turn this around pretty quickly.

Originally posted by whoisjgalt:

I paged Swerskah.

Thanks much.

Chambers is a great pick for me here. Another young guy with great speed.

Originally posted by Bill Swerski:

Thanks much.

Chambers is a great pick for me here.  Another young guy with great speed.

You're welcome.

he's a touchdown scoring machine

Chambers weighed heavily on my mind. He could be twice as good if they would change their head coach and quarterback.

Great future.

Originally posted by Dan Sez:

Chambers weighed heavily on my mind.  He could be twice as good if they would change their head coach and quarterback.

I have a feeling Fiedler won't be the starter next year, even if he is, Chambers should still put up really solid numbers.

As long as Ray Lucas is banned from Joe Robbie Stadium, Chambers should do a-ok. :rolleyes: