Sign in to follow this  
Orgazmo

Draft Commentary

You put Portis back!

Bad! Bad bad dog! *Whacks knowdoubt on the nose with a newspaper*

[ 02-22-2003: Message edited by: Orgazmo ]

Originally posted by Blitzen:

Bah! Denver'll bring in Stephen Davis next year or ressuscitate Terrel. RBBC    ;)

Along with drafting McGahee.

Originally posted by Know Doubt:

Wanna trade for him?    :D    :D    ;)    :D    :cool:

Just don't give him up for Barlow (and only Barlow).

Love the Ricky Williams pick, he would have been my #1. Dude is a man among boys.

Surprised a bit by Portis going #1, but I certainly understand why one would consider him.

Originally posted by Hog Chow:

Love the Ricky Williams pick, he would have been my #1.  Dude is a man among boys.

Surprised a bit by Portis going #1, but I certainly understand why one would consider him.

I wanted the third spot to take Ricky, but the third spot was gone....so I took the second so I could make sure I got Ricky (this is all under the assumption that Priest would go #1, and Portis/LT would go #2). I had to take Priest over Ricky at #2 though. He outscored Ricky by 60 last season in 2 fewer games.

Originally posted by Hog Chow:

Love the Ricky Williams pick, he would have been my #1.  Dude is a man among boys.

Speculations in the first round is very interesting, I am wondering if we will be debating the merits of taking either Fred Coleman or Kenny Clark, letting all my peers know that they haven't been picked yet!

;)

Originally posted by Know Doubt:

How many of us will be here tomorrow at 8am EST??? I will.

Just curious...   :confused:

I'll be around as well. I have late morning/early afternoon meetings, but the morning is free. It would nice it it gets to me someime in the morning!!

the great RB run continues. Will any other position be taken in the first round???

I won't be here until between one and two, east coast time. I thought about making a list but I'm having trouble getting contingency actions down on paper clearly. A list is doable for middle and late rounds, but I'm going to have to be reactionary for the first four. I hope I don't delay things too badly.

Originally posted by Dan Sez:

the great RB run continues.  Will any other position be taken in the first round???

Since the elderly cripple has finally been drafted, running back has jumped the shark.

Originally posted by Orgazmo:

I won't be here until between one and two, east coast time. I thought about making a list but I'm having trouble getting contingency actions down on paper clearly. A list is doable for middle and late rounds, but I'm going to have to be reactionary for the first four. I hope I don't delay things too badly.

Can't someone give you a call a pick or two before your turn?

I'll be around all day. I can't even get out of my subdivision for all the snow. And we've got 5 more inches coming tonight. Needless to say, I'll be working from home tomorrow and on this site all day.

Originally posted by shovelheadt:

Can't someone give you a call a pick or two before your turn?

I have a small window of opportunity for a call. IF its my turn by 11 to 11:15 est Dan can try to call. I'll email him the info.

This is exactly what I feared would happen.

All the 1st tier RB's are off the board, and the QB that I would take in the fall in this spot is not the one I would take here today. Too early for WR...gonna go with the best long term talent on the board.

Vick is just an athlete that counters conventional wisdom, he'll be special for many, many years to come. I very rarely take a QB in the first round but I Vick is the best long term value on the board right now.

Vick is a great pick.

At this point there are about 8 or so RBs with question marks and one will swing back to you, but there is only one Vick.

Baring injury, he will be a very interesting player to watch the next 5 years.

Vick is an intersting pick. I have to say I was a total Vick hater coming into this year, i really thought he would take off one time too many and a LB would take his head off and he would be out for the year. I also questioned his ability to read coverages. I have to say he is slowly changing my mind. I am not the most ardent supporter just yet, but he definetly did much better than I thought he would. Lets see how he does after a full year as the man. Good pick.

Be sure to start a Round 2 Commentary...

thanks guys

Storm clouds already forming in KC with Priest Holmes wanting a restructured contract.

Considering his output it is easy to see his point of being underpaid but KC is known for being hardline about restructing contracts.

It bears watching...

I took Lewis because I think he is over his injury and will produce for several years. He is young and should be a cornerstone for the Ravens (or whoever) for awhile....at least that is what my "gut" is telling me. When in doubt, go with the gut! ;)

Originally posted by Pale Rider:

I took Lewis because I think he is over his injury and will produce for several years.

Agreed...he surprised me (and most everyone) on how effective he was. Another year removed from the injury will help. Nice pick.