Sign in to follow this  
rexnervous

FAB has been scheduled!

For those who missed the email (and I may be jumping the gun here, but the board has been s.l.o.w. today).

Your league, GameDay Geeks, has had its FAB schedule updated by your commissioner.

Your new FAB Settings are:

--------------------------

FAB Start Date: Mon, Aug 29, 11:06 AM ET FAB Length: 6 days FAB Event Speed: 4 min Active Period: 11:06 AM - 11:54 PM ET

Good luck, and have fun!

I have no problems with this date, and I think ultimately it fits best with everyone's schedule, since by the weekend we'll be on the last round(s) of players.

And as I've mentioned before I think the 6-day will be more fun.

WTF, I thought pretty much everyone had agreed to start on the 27th with a 11 day FAB...

yeah, in the other thread i agreed to the 11-day Aug 27 start as well. But I think that what everyone has said their schedules are this is the best solution. There may be a couple people who can't finish off the last round, but a) this gives us more time to think about our teams for week 1, :) everyone gets to be available for the first 4 or 5 rounds, and c) the 6-day will be much more fun and active.

I think these two are our best choices. We need to decide on the best one right away.

I have an idea...

No offense, but that's pretty weak Grigs. We're all trying to make this work - your post on the Gameday boards just makes you seem childish.

Not saying you are, but c'mon, we're just trying to do the best we can.

But if that's what you want to do, Mike Mac can you email the other League 2 owners and see who wants to join?

Guest TheCheat

C'mon, man, stay. I dislike the iron hand too but, to be fair, you've been pretty bullish today supporting your own preference too, at times not fully acknowledging things that don't support it. (Meanwhile, it seems there's another 10 or so folks pretty much ready to do whatever works for the most people. :ph34r: )

I really want to see you in this league tho, Grigs, as I know you to be exactly the knowledgeable type of owner for this sort of league.

Is it correct to assume that the 11-day/27th and 6-day/29th are the two leading ponies in the race now? (Not entirely certain, so that's not rhetorical.) If so, let's decide this as a group: Re-vote w/ just those two choices; majority wins. What do you all think?

Btw Tank, you were right, we really did need an xy matrix of some sort for this. (Oh, and I'll be referring to your team as the Denver KY Matrix for the remainder of the season. :pointstosky: )

I'm not following Grig's lead but I think we can all relate to his anxiousness.

I still don't fully understand why we're not seeing more activity on this board regarding a start date. I'm going to make sure I have time to participate no matter when we start.

I do think it's very non-democratic to have the date selected excluding this thread's findings.

Can we please get some kind of clarification from everyone on when they'd like to start.

C'mon, man, stay. I dislike the iron hand too but, to be fair, you've been pretty bullish today supporting your own preference too, at times not fully acknowledging things that don't support it. (Meanwhile, it seems there's another 10 or so folks pretty much ready to do whatever works for the most people. :ph34r: )

I really want to see you in this league tho, Grigs, as I know you to be exactly the knowledgeable type of owner for this sort of league.

Is it correct to assume that the 11-day/27th and 6-day/29th are the two leading ponies in the race now? (Not entirely certain, so that's not rhetorical.) If so, let's decide this as a group: Re-vote w/ just those two choices; majority wins. What do you all think?

Btw Tank, you were right, we really did need an xy matrix of some sort for this. (Oh, and I'll be referring to your team as the Denver KY Matrix for the remainder of the season. :P )

I actually could go either way on this. As someone pointed out in another thread, if we start an 11-day version on the 27th at noon, no signings would take place before noon monday so I would have time to check in before that.

Btw Tank, you were right, we really did need an xy matrix of some sort for this. (Oh, and I'll be referring to your team as the Denver KY Matrix for the remainder of the season. :P )

I think these were the two leading possibilities. I'm OK with either one but roto's schedule seems to work with either, and if that's the case, let's keep Grigs in for chrissake. Let's see if rotochamp1 will change it first.

Oh and Cheat, yeah that's a perfect name :lol: because you fellas will need the KY this season!

:first: :P

Everyone please take a deep breath.

The fact the FAB was scheduled on the league site doesn't mean anything because it can be changed. I can't get to the GDR forums right now because the site won't load (glad we're not the only ones with these problems... :ph34r: ). Has Grigs put in a resignation to the league?

Based on roto's experience with the baseball version, and other GDR testimonials, I would have thought a 6 day would be preferable to an 11 day. That said, roto told me earlier he is fine with an 11 day starting on Sunday. We didn't discuss Saturday at noon so don't take it that he is completely against Saturday as an option (even if it isn't his preference).

How are we going to resolve this? Should I send out an email so people can vote on only the following options:

1. 11 day, start Sat late day

2. 11 day, start Sun midday

3. 6 day, start Mon midday (current setup)

4. Any of the above work for me.

Given 3 date/time options, people can rank them. Shall I send this out, tally the results and we'll all live with it?

The fact the FAB was scheduled on the league site doesn't mean anything because it can be changed. I can't get to the GDR forums right now because the site won't load (glad we're not the only ones with these problems... :ph34r: ). Has Grigs put in a resignation to the league?

Based on roto's experience with the baseball version, and other GDR testimonials, I would have thought a 6 day would be preferable to an 11 day. That said, roto told me earlier he is fine with an 11 day starting on Sunday. We didn't discuss Saturday at noon so don't take it that he is completely against Saturday as an option (even if it isn't his preference).

How are we going to resolve this? Should I send out an email so people can vote on only the following options:

Given 3 date/time options, people can rank them. Shall I send this out, tally the results and we'll all live with it?

I don't think Sunday 11-day FAB will work at all because it should put us past the week 1 deadline of 9/7/05 (we'd be eliminated from the first week of competition). This is pending final confirmation (posted in the GDR forums here).

I'm okay for either remaining option but I will vote for the one that keeps anyone from bailing, if it comes to that. I'm sure we can figure it out.

Okay, I just saw your post over there Tank. I was going by memory and thought Sunday, 11 day still kept us prior to deadline for a week 1 start. Where the heck is the month going?!?

No doubt. Every year, late August puts the pedal to the metal. Lots of activity crammed into very little time while weather and schedules permit. :angry:

There have been some complaints about the fact that not everyone has participated in the discussion of when the start date should be. I know in my case the reason I haven't posted too much is because I can make the draft whenever it is. My preference would be to start today in 10 minutes, but that won't happen and I would rather have every single person be able to field the team they want rather than receive my instant gratification fix.

If we are going by the new poll, I would rank them in this order: 4,3,1,2

Okay, I just saw your post over there Tank. I was going by memory and thought Sunday, 11 day still kept us prior to deadline for a week 1 start. Where the heck is the month going?!?

Not sure if my email is working right now. I'm OK with either of the two remaining options Mike.

There have been some complaints about the fact that not everyone has participated in the discussion of when the start date should be. I know in my case the reason I haven't posted too much is because I can make the draft whenever it is. My preference would be to start today in 10 minutes, but that won't happen and I would rather have every single person be able to field the team they want rather than receive my instant gratification fix.

If we are going by the new poll, I would rank them in this order: 4,3,1,2

After discussion everyone pretty much said starting saturday with the 11 day would be the BEST option because it would give everyone a chance in each round and work around their schedual. WTF??? How are you just gonna come in and say this is how it's gonna be when thats not even what we were agreeing on. Yes 48 is slow, but like we said, it works around everyones schedual. This is important when you have 16 people of different scheduals and things to do.

I would rank them in the following order: 1, 3.

If I understand correctly, a Sunday 11 day FAB would put us past the deadline for Week 1, so that doesn't work for me.

However, any 6 or 11 day FAB that is within the deadline is fine. Let's be flexible guys.

After discussion everyone pretty much said starting saturday with the 11 day would be the BEST option because it would give everyone a chance in each round and work around their schedual. WTF???

So we can assume that your vote would then be for option #1, the saturday at 11, which I also said was fine based on the fact that I said that all of them worked. If the everyone that you mentioned come out in force and ask for option #1 then that should be what we do.

Guest TheCheat

My order: 4, 3, 1

(Pls. do not include 2 in your ordering, as it would not give us time to complete the FAB.)

The FAB works in "waves"-- each FAB has 5 waves, each a total of 24 hours long (in the 6-day version).  In each wave there are a total of exactly 60 players (for a 10 team league) that are "On the Market" and can be offered contracts.  At the end of the wave all of these players will be signed and a new set of 60 players are simultaneously added for a second wave.  That is, each time a player signs a new player comes on the market.  This way there is always an active market of 60 players to negotiate with.

So what players are On the Market?  You decide this as a league.  You take turns making "First Offers" to players until you each have made 6 First Offers to 6 unique players. 

6-Day FAB - Start Monday, Aug 29th at noon - 8 min between offers

1st Wave:

Start: Mon, Aug 29, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Tues, Aug 30, 12:40am (Last Offer)

Signed: Tues, Aug 30, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Wed, Aug 31, 12:40am (Last Offer)

2nd Wave:

Start: Tues, Aug 30, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Wed, Aug 31, 12:40am (Last Offer)

Signed: Wed, Aug 31, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Thurs, Sept 1, 12:40am (Last Offer)

3rd Wave:

Start: Wed, Aug 31, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Thurs, Sept 1, 12:40am (Last Offer)

Signed: Thurs, Sept 1, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Fri, Sept 2, 12:40am (Last Offer)

4th Wave:

Start: Thurs, Sept 1, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Fri, Sept 2, 12:40am (Last Offer)

Signed: Fri, Sept 2, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Sat, Sept 3, 12:40am (Last Offer)

5th Wave:

Start: Fri, Sept 2, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Sat, Sept 3, 12:40am (Last Offer)

Signed: Sat, Sept 3, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Sun, Sept 4, 12:40am (Last Offer)

11-Day FAB - Start Saturday, Aug 27th at noon - - 8 min between offers

1st Wave:

Start: Sat, Aug 27, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Sun, Aug 28, 12:40am (Last Offer)

Signed: Mon, Aug 29, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Tues, Aug 30, 12:40am (Last Offer)

2nd Wave:

Start: Mon, Aug 29, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Tues, Aug 30, 12:40am (Last Offer)

Signed: Wed, Aug 31, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Thurs, Sept 1, 12:40am (Last Offer)

3rd Wave:

Start: Wed, Aug 31, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Thurs, Sept 1, 12:40am (Last Offer)

Signed: Fri, Sept 2, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Sat, Sept 3, 12:40am (Last Offer)

4th Wave:

Start: Fri, Sept 2, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Sat, Sept 3, 12:40am (Last Offer)

Signed: Sun, Sept 4, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Mon, Sept 5, 12:40am (Last Offer)

5th Wave:

Start: Sun, Sept 4, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Mon, Sept 5, 12:40am (Last Offer)

Signed: Tues, Sept 6, 12:00pm (1st Offer) - Wed, Sept 7, 12:40am (Last Offer)

I'll simply go with Option #4.

In Option #1, I would miss the initial Offers but would have the ability to make offers before they get to signings. This could lead to a lowering of my GM Rating for a late offer but if I'm good with my FOQ than I'll have no worries.

In Option #3, I'll miss nothing.

I've sent an email to Grigs to try to confirm if he is in fact out or not.

Reading through the "Poll" thread it would look like those of us gone this weekend (Me, Roto, and Blitzen) would all have at least the possibility to look at Wave 1 if we did the 11-Day FAB starting on Saturday and would not miss any other waves. Grigs would miss the signing for the 3rd Wave and the entire 4th Wave.

If we do the 6-Day FAB starting on Monday, Grigs would miss the signing for the 4th Wave and the entire 5th Wave.

Reading through the "Poll" thread it would look like those of us gone this weekend (Me, Roto, and Blitzen) would all have at least the possibility to look at Wave 1 if we did the 11-Day FAB starting on Saturday and would not miss any other waves. Grigs would miss the signing for the 3rd Wave and the entire 4th Wave.

If we do the 6-Day FAB starting on Monday, Grigs would miss the signing for the 4th Wave and the entire 5th Wave.

Which is why I don't understand why the 6 day start Monday was such an issue. And although it was changed to that on the league it wasn't set in stone. A lot of discussion on this given most of us are #4.

Which is why I don't understand why the 6 day start Monday was such an issue. And although it was changed to that on the league it wasn't set in stone. A lot of discussion on this given most of us are #4.

I'm with Mike on this one.

If we're all mostly 4, then why not start ASAP. I'm not a huge fan of doing the 11 day starting so close to the kick-off of the season. There's always a chance something may happen to make us miss week 1.

I'll vote 4, with 1 being 2nd.

Hey all. Sorry for over-reacting. I had a couple drinks in me last night, and was already ticked about something else...

Anyway, I still say it's bunk that this decision was apparently made in a non-democratic way, especially since a few of us spent time trying to come up with a win-win situation, which I think we did. If there is a problem with the idea bring it to the table, and we can address it, or scrap the idea... I'm just trying to find the best solution.

It seemed like everyone was in favor of the 11-day/27th idea. To be honest I don't really care if we do the 6-day/29th, (I'd prefer the other one.) I just don't like how the decision was made.

Ah, the old "drinking and posting" excuse :D

;)

I will go through this post and the other post, tabulate the preferences (or non-preferences) and then we will settle this.

Mike MacGregor  any time; prefers Mon(6)
Theyhateme459   prefers Sat(11), but I think any time works
Tankslap        prefers Sat(11)
rexnervous      any time; prefers Mon(6)... no, Sat(11)... no, Mon(6)
TheCheat        any time; prefers Mon(6)
Grigs Allmoon   any time; prefers Sat(11)
SteveMy         any time; prefers Sat(11)
Wildman
Dan Sez
stoops22
Antonios' Gate  prefers Sat(11); Mon(6) is fine
Blitzen         any time; away this weekend; prefers Mon(6)
SmoovJello      any time; away this weekend; prefers Mon(6)
rotochamp1
biggtyme13
lasallax        any time; in 10 minutes;)

rotochamp is offline right now but I will try to hook up talking with him tonight.

You can put me down for any time, prefers Saturday (out of impatience :blink:). Monday is cool with me too, the upside of that being more action during a 6-day FAB.

Guest rotochamp1

Geez, so much drama.

I will deal with the saturday start time if that is what everyone wants.

Mike will let me know when it has been officially decided.

I will be away from the computer most of the time from today until Sunday.

Update: RC just set the FAB start for Sat at noon. 11 day FAB. He is now checking with Cam at GDR if it is possible to slot teams into divisions of our choice. Now back to my user guide...

Where should I send my wife for the next two weeks? Hawaii? :lol:

:wub:

May be a good idea. I'll be testing my new wife's patience a mere month after the wedding...if I can survive this, I may be golden for the rest of my life.

Guest TheCheat
May be a good idea. I'll be testing my new wife's patience a mere month after the wedding...if I can survive this, I may be golden for the rest of my life.

Setting an immediate and extreme precedent...genius! :D (Or, y'know, not.)