Sign in to follow this  
singman

Round 23 Commentary!

Wueffel, Staley is a no show in mini camp and is b*tching about his contract. You may want to think abouth that trade again now that I have both of his backups.

Originally posted by The Moz:

Wuerffel -- I sent you a trade offer.

Hey you get off mike cloud!

:(

I'm not worried about Staley. He's never been in the good graces of the team yet he still puts up numbers. Even if he ends up somewhere else, he'll get me points.

Originally posted by singman:

Hey you get off mike cloud!

:(

lol -- I think that was the best alias created on the bored !

Well there goes the J. White theory--

Browns Sign RB White To 4 Year Deal

Running back Jamel White has signed a four-year contract which keeps him under contract through the 2006 season, the Cleveland Browns announced today.

Rhodes suffers setback to rehab

RB undergoes arthroscopic surgery on injured right knee, not ready to practice.

like I said Mungro will be the back up for edge--just a matter of time...

Originally posted by Wuerffel for MVP:

I'm not worried about Staley.  He's never been in the good graces of the team yet he still puts up numbers.  Even if he ends up somewhere else, he'll get me points.

Are you insane. The guy hurt his foot one year. The next year everybody knew he was gone except buckhalter got hurt. This year he is talking about his contract and they are telling him no extension. The writing has been on the walls for this guy for 3 years now. Buck wins the job in camp. Duce would have some marketablity next year but given his age and his demand for money I see Ricky Watters written all over him.

Originally posted by DIVINE DESTRUCTION:

Well there goes the J. White theory--

Browns Sign RB White To 4 Year Deal

Running back Jamel White has signed a four-year contract which keeps him under contract through the 2006 season, the Cleveland Browns announced today.

That doesn't help me unless Green goes down. There is still a slim chance that he would get traded, but I doubt it.

Are you insane. The guy hurt his foot one year. The next year everybody knew he was gone except buckhalter got hurt. This year he is talking about his contract and they are telling him no extension. The writing has been on the walls for this guy for 3 years now. Buck wins the job in camp. Duce would have some marketablity next year but given his age and his demand for money I see Ricky Watters written all over him.

And yet you wanted to trade for him? Seems a little contradictory to me. I've never been impressed with Philly's run game, and with McNabb as a running QB no traditional running back is going to put up big numbers (see Bennett, Dunn - both speed backs with good receiving skills but not bruisers like Buck). Westbrook has a chance (though he's really too small), but Buckhalter is coming off of injury and is not the receiving option Duce is. Duce will start. He may share time, but he did that last year and still outscored Corey Dillon, Michael Bennett, and Curtis Martin in our scoring system last year. I'll take that from a #3/#4 RB any day.

If he is gone next year so be it, but I see alot of guys with alot worse RB situations than I have.

Nice job today fellas, we cracked a lot of this last chunk off. We should see the end tomorrow sometime.

Originally posted by JCW412:

Nice job today fellas, we cracked a lot of this last chunk off.  We should see the end tomorrow sometime.

Maybe tonight for some of us...

And yet you wanted to trade for him?  Seems a little contradictory to me.  I've never been impressed with Philly's run game, and with McNabb as a running QB no traditional running back is going to put up big numbers (see Bennett, Dunn - both speed backs with good receiving skills but not bruisers like Buck).  Westbrook has a chance (though he's really too small), but Buckhalter is coming off of injury and is not the receiving option Duce is.  Duce will start.  He may share time, but he did that last year and still outscored Corey Dillon, Michael Bennett, and Curtis Martin in our scoring system last year.  I'll take that from a #3/#4 RB any day.  

If he is gone next year so be it, but I see alot of guys with alot worse RB situations than I have.

I said nothing about your RB situation as being bad. Nor did I say Duce has no value. I either want you to trade him to me or trade me for Buck and Westbrook. It only makes sense to have the starter and backups from any team so that is what I am striving for as are others. I tried to trade for him and you seem to value him so I offered to trade his backups to you and you scoffed at that. If you are comfortable with an aging RB playing for a coach who basically doesn't want him with a contract situation and a robocop foot and you don't want his backups so be it. Good luck to you!

I never said I don't want his backups, I just don't want to give up two starters for two backups. Give me an offer that makes sense and I'd probably jump on it. (like I sorta did last time before having a change of heart)

Once the dust settles, any team looking for a quality wide receiver should e mail

Captain Lou. I will be hunting for a running back gents. That is all for now. ;)

Originally posted by Captain Lou:

Once the dust settles, any team looking for a quality wide receiver should e mail

Captain Lou. I will be hunting for a running back gents. That is all for now.   ;)

Still considering my offer Captain?

Still considering my offer Captain?

Of cours Commish. Let's finish this up, and

I will e mail you after dinner sometime tonight.

I never said I don't want his backups, I just don't want to give up two starters for two backups.  Give me an offer that makes sense and I'd probably jump on it. (like I sorta did last time before having a change of heart)

You just have a distorted sense of reality. Boller has as good a shot to start as Buckhalter or Westbrook. I have Redman so trading these 2 for him would be backup for backup. Trading Mack for Duckett in a dynasty league is a fair trade also.

Of course Commish. Let's finish this up, and

I will e mail you after dinner sometime tonight.

You just have a distorted sense of reality. Boller has as good a shot to start as Buckhalter or Westbrook. I have Redman so trading these 2 for him would be backup for backup. Trading Mack for Duckett in a dynasty league is a fair trade also.

What was the deal in question here -- if neither of you don't mind mentioning ? ;) just curious

What was the deal in question here -- if neither of you don't mind mentioning ?    ;)   just curious

Duckett and Buckhalter for Boller and Mack!

Geez I was just writing an email to appologize but maybe I won't now! I've actually been thinking it over and may make a trade like that, but I don't want to bicker over it on the boards.

As for your question Moz..the trade was Correll Buckhalter and T.J. Duckett for Kyle Boller and Stacey Mack.

Duckett and Buckhalter for Boller and Mack!

Actually unbiased opinion is the Wuerffel gets the better deal in this trade -- JMO.

Geez I was just writing an email to appologize but maybe I won't now!  I've actually been thinking it over and may make a trade like that, but I don't want to bicker over it on the boards.

As for your question Moz..the trade was Correll Buckhalter and T.J. Duckett for Kyle Boller and Stacey Mack.

Why apologize? You have your opinion and I have mine. You have not hurt my feelings in anyway nor have you offended me. You have no reason to apologize. If I have done anything to offend you I apologize. I was not aware we were bickering. I thought we were just discussing players. If you want me to stop talking about the players in question I will.

No need to appologize, in fact check your mail. It's hard to tell whether a discussion is getting "heated" on a message board. I do think the trade is good for me in some ways (as far as when they were taken, as well as youth), and perhaps if you're still interested we can work something out.

Originally posted by DIVINE DESTRUCTION:

did you get my email sing?

Yes I did and I sent you one back. I am interested in quite a few players on your team. Darrell Jackson comes to mind as does Joey Harrington. Let me know!

Demolition may have a rookie qb available.

We have plenty of good player to offer at

CaptainLous/qualityfootballplayers.com

;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No need to appologize, in fact check your mail.  It's hard to tell whether a discussion is getting "heated" on a message board.  I do think the trade is good for me in some ways (as far as when they were taken, as well as youth), and perhaps if you're still interested we can work something out.

I am still interested.

Demolition may have a rookie qb available.

We have plenty of good player to offer at

CaptainLous/qualityfootballplayers.com

;)    :D    :D    :D    :D    :D    :D    :D

You know the players I want Sal! You can add Leftwich to that list!

My optimism of finishing today has now been thwarted by seeing those 6 words -- The Brain is on the Clock !!! ;)

My optimism of finishing today has now been thwarted by seeing those 6 words -- The Brain is on the Clock !!!    ;)

LOL. Moz you got mail.

Guys, I will be back in one hour. So that is

when can answer mail or make a pick. Kid's come first today.

I am on my way out as well. For those of you I am discussing offers with and you know who you are please use home email during iff business hours. ssteve44202002@yahoo.com. See ya tonight around 10 EST.

holy sh!T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he brain picks within an hour !!!!!!!!! Maybe he isn't really Pinky afterall ;) :D