Sign in to follow this  
rexnervous

Discuss the ongoing FAB here

Per rotochamp's advice, please don't post actual bids until the player's been signed.

However, let's use this thread to discuss the FAB as it happens.

Well right off the bat this ain't your ordinary FF draft. Who'da thunk three out of the first four would be Delhomme, KC OL, and McGahee?

I'm itching to make a counter-offer. Trying to hold off the urge for now.

Guest rotochamp1

All I can tell you is that if you want to keep your sanity you will have to learn to love the BRZ (Big Red Zero). I am collecting them like baseball cards.

Ugh.

The first player injected that I already have in my queue - my status is "You currently trail the best offer for this player by a solid margin".

All I can tell you is that if you want to keep your sanity you will have to learn to love the BRZ (Big Red Zero). I am collecting them like baseball cards.

2 BRZ's out of the first 6 players injected.

Holy Sh!t. :shocking: :wall: :( :wall:

Guest TheCheat

Roto, thx for taking the time out, given your w/end plans, to get us started and answer some questions. :thumbsup:

ETA: This is friggin' fascinating!

I'm collecting the red zeros all over the place. I must be the cheapest person here, or should I say thrifty.

Guest rotochamp1
Roto, thx for taking the time out, given your w/end plans, to get us started and answer some questions. :thumbsup:

No problem. I just want the league to get off to a successful start and that first wave of the FAB can be confusing.

Also for those of you seeing alot of BRZ right now, dont sweat it, that is normal during the first wave. There is pleny of time to get players and the talent will be spread throughout most all of the FAB process, so no need to worry in the first wave.

A good general rule is that you can expect to actually land 4-6 players per wave.

I'm going to try not to get in to bid offers too much but holy sh1t what are you guys offering? I had a very high bid for LT and I still got shut out.

I'm hoping this turns out to be similar to a FF auction draft.

Guest rotochamp1

All I know is it is nearly impossible to tear myself away from the screen to do anything else. I am going to be thinking about the FAB all thru the wedding I am going to.

I'm going to try not to get in to bid offers too much but holy sh1t what are you guys offering? I had a very high bid for LT and I still got shut out.

I'm hoping this turns out to be similar to a FF auction draft.

So did I - and I was the one who injected him. Thought I had a killer offer.

BRZ for LT

:thumbsup: :D

Now I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to not go back and up all my offers in my FOQ.

All I know is it is nearly impossible to tear myself away from the screen to do anything else. I am going to be thinking about the FAB all thru the wedding I am going to.

hey roto also wanted to thank you for helping set this up and answering questions.

Have a fun wedding. And keep your bids low :thumbsup:

Guest rotochamp1

Apparently I have kept my bids low. All I see is red on my screen and I was hoping to have a few players negotiating with me before I left.

You can be sure I am leaving at the last moment possible

Every BRZ I get on solid offers makes me smile :) Because obviously some dudes are wayyy overpaying for players. Makes me wonder if they did any analysis at all :banana: :thumbsup: :D

All right I've got a question.

I've tried to add a plyer to my offer queue but it says the queue at max?

Guest TheCheat

First defensive player...that didn't take long! Interesting the diff. ways people are going w/ their, um, injections :thumbsup: .

I hear ya roto, I have an online draft for a $$$ league tomorrow and I'm worried about being distracted by this! :D

Here's my question: So there are no injections tomorrow? Just the second half of the bidding period for all of the players we inject today, I take it (in this 11-day version)?

Every BRZ I get on solid offers makes me smile :) Because obviously some dudes are wayyy overpaying for players. Makes me wonder if they did any analysis at all :banana: :thumbsup: :D

That's what I'm hoping for - some league members who have to fill 15 slots with $15M.

Guest TheCheat

I think you can change that for each of the queues on the team planner page...click the Q on one of 'em and then look for the Max field, and select a bigger #. (I think it's there to protect from overextending, if you're not paying close attention.)

In the team planner each position has a maximum # of slots that can be bid on. Simply open up that position's pop-up window thingy (not sure what it's called) and in the top right corner you'll see a dropdown called "Max"

Bump it up.

I think you can change that for each of the queues on the team planner page...click the Q on one of 'em and then look for the Max field, and select a bigger #. (I think it's there to protect from overextending, if you're not paying close attention.)

You are correct sir, thanks.

Guest TheCheat

This will certainly make the "reveals" of each of these every 6 minutes on Mon. (right?) pretty dramatic!

Another question - I've got $90M of my $150M "bid" money allocated. But I've already got some BRZ's, so that's dead "bid" money.

The only way to remove these bids (and open up more of my $150M "bid" money) is to rescind an offer to a BRZ? Even though I'm out of the running, I'll still take a GM rating hit?

Every BRZ I get on solid offers makes me smile :)  Because obviously some dudes are wayyy overpaying for players.  Makes me wonder if they did any analysis at all  :banana:  :thumbsup:  :D

This will certainly make the "reveals" of each of these every 6 minutes on Mon. (right?) pretty dramatic!

No doubt. I can't wait!

Hopefully a good strategy will come back to pay dividends even if it doesn't feel like it in the beginning. We are major guinea pigs here...but success or not, this is still really fun.

Guest TheCheat
Another question - I've got $90M of my $150M "bid" money allocated. But I've already got some BRZ's, so that's dead "bid" money.

The only way to remove these bids (and open up more of my $150M "bid" money) is to rescind an offer to a BRZ? Even though I'm out of the running, I'll still take a GM rating hit?

I didn't think so a couple weeks ago, but from reading the recent threads on the gdr board, that sounds correct. I'd go back and double-check to be sure.

Guest rotochamp1

Yes rescinding any offer will hurt your GM rating. This is to stop teams from throwing out shitty offers to every single player on the market basically. If you take that approach your GM rating will be reflective of what the agents should think of you.

So, M. Clayton come on the market. I didn't have an offer prepared for him. i decided to make an offer. Yes, I was shutout again.

Guest rotochamp1

I had a pretty strong offer ready for Clayton, got the BRZ. I actually look forward to the BRZ, the consistency is comforting

Guest rotochamp1

ok guys well I am off for the rest of the day. Good Luck and I hope I can get in on some players when i get back.

Tim Rattay????? :banana: :banana:

The second player injected by the Lobsters. After another QB (Delhomme)?

Is there some kind of sneaky strategy being employed by Mike here?

Guest TheCheat
Tim Rattay?????  :banana:  :banana:

The second player injected by the Lobsters.  After another QB (Delhomme)?

Is there some kind of sneaky strategy being employed by Mike here?

:banana: Get out of my head, Mike, you evil puppetmaster!

He probably just clicked the wrong button in the interface somewhere! :lol:

hey, at least i got a +2 for Rattay instead of another 0 B)

Doh! B)

Some other quick comments:

- I just had to put an offer in on KC Oline to see how many people were negotiating with him/them/it.

- What the he|| are you guys paying for Chad Johnson?

- Or McNabb for that matter?!?

- Got a BRZ on K. Jones, so I'd better go adjust J. Jones, or just pass on him all together...

Betcha no one can match my record:

3 insertions

3 BRZs

God, does that piss me off.

LT2 was :blink: :shocking: :shocking: :blink:

K Jones was :wall: :wall: (I offered a HUGE multiplier of his minimum salary)

T Polamalu was :angry:

I've given up on Wave 1. Just waiting to see how many teams get low on funds for the rest of the FAB.

The market is crazy.

I have 6 BRZs, and three people I'm yellow on.

For those three, I've offered (more or less) $25M combined. That's 25% of my cap.

I have to think some people are gonna have like 6 players and no addt'l money. To fill out some 20 slots.

at this rate, that might be me

The market is crazy.

For those three, I've offered (more or less) $25M combined. That's 25% of my cap.

I have to think some people are gonna have like 6 players and no addt'l money. To fill out some 20 slots.

Thats the market for you...... lol inflation at it's highest

Guest TheCheat
The market is crazy.

For those three, I've offered (more or less) $25M combined.  That's 25% of my cap.

I have to think some people are gonna have like 6 players and no addt'l money.  To fill out some 20 slots.

25% of your cap? :pointstosky: Don't we all have $500M to spend?