Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheCheat

GDR fixes/enhancement ideas

Guest TheCheat

One of the things I really like so far is the game's user interface and the different views of data. A lot of really nice design but, as w/ any new UI, there's things that could be improved too.

For example, as Mike said in the FAB thread, it'd be nice if the site didn't keep timing out and require frequent re-login.

The other thing I'd like to see is a Player Database preference where I can save the default number of rows to open. I wind up changing it from 10 to 20 most times that I open the db. (Or, make the setting sticky so it's remembered the next time I open the db.)

Guest TheCheat

Another truly minor thing: An alternate view of the Schedule page where you could look at just your own schedule. (Unless this is avail. somewhere else in the interface? Wouldn't be surprised, but I couldn't find it.)

I was curious to see which team I *don't* face and was not heartbroken to see that I won't be getting Destroyed, in the regular season anyway. Guess we'll have to save that clash for the playoffs, eh, Tank? ;) (Oh, I'm j/k...obviously there's no chance *you'll* make it. :P )

Btw, I also agree w/ the pt. made in the week 1 thread that it'd be nice to have the option to weight the overall schedule more towards division matchups in future seasons...say, play a home and away in your own division at the expense of not playing some other teams. (Playing everybody as equally as possible is certainly fine for season 1 tho; no complaints there, just an enhancement request.)

Much, much better communication between the people running the show and the paying customers.

Better documentation and alerts when rules are changed.

Better, more full descriptions of the GM rating and how it influences the game.

Better, more full descriptions of how scoring is done.

Tone down the GM rating on player decisions of where to sign. GM rating should give "intelligence" on the market, but players are mercenaries - pure and simple - and should go to the highest bidder in almost every case. If a bid is tied, then I can see the possiblity that JoeBob GM and his fleet of skanks had some influence on the player's decision. :lol: :( :wall: :D

Repeat the above about 100 freaking times!!!!! This is f0cked up. It rises and falls too fast.

Example:

I upped my bid within the 10% window of the FA process. I increased it enough to get a GREEN. The player signed with me for apparently much more money than he was currently being offered.

AND YET, I got a -7 on the GM rating. That is stupid. I am sure the player was highly pizzed off that I came in and blew his standing offer out of the water. I might see a -1, or a -2, but a MINUS 7. Total freaking unbelievable disconnect in cause and effect. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Also, why not give a +1 GM rating for actually signing a player? I can go out, make a 1.5 mill offer on a player whose salary was .5mill, get a +2 bonus - sit back and let someone else sign him who gets no bonus. Skewed and rift with potential for abuse and manipulation.

I could go on, but will give others a chance to rant. I'll be back.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I was curious to see which team I *don't* face and was not heartbroken to see that I won't be getting Destroyed, in the regular season anyway.  Guess we'll have to save that clash for the playoffs, eh, Tank?  :blink:  (Oh, I'm j/k...obviously there's no chance *you'll* make it.  :lol: )

:thumbsup: :blink: :blink:

I'll have to wait until the playoffs to unleash 100 megatons of Manning and Company on your team. :rolleyes:

My defense needs help

Also, why not give a +1 GM rating for actually signing a player? I can go out, make a 1.5 mill offer on a player whose salary was .5mill, get a +2 bonus - sit back and let someone else sign him who gets no bonus. Skewed and rift with potential for abuse and manipulation.

That's a great suggestion.