Sign in to follow this  
GiantsRule

Bell AND Anderson up for grabs

As much as I like the situation these two are in, I can't risk playing the "which back will it be this week" game because I have exactly ZERO surefire starting backs right now.

Will trade both in a deal for a fringe #1 or solid #2 running back. We're all smart owners here so let's not throw insulting offers into the mix. If this deal intrigues you, shoot me an offer.

Otherwise, best of luck to all of you as we head into kickoff for Season 4.

That didn't take you long to try to jump ship :banana:

Man did you get lucky grabbing MA!!!

No doubt. I mentioned in a main board thread last week that had the Shula League drafted even two weeks later than we did, Anderson likely would have been a 2nd round pick if not earlier (hell, he's got to be considered at least as valuable as Mewelde who you got early 2nd through a trade).

However, it's not like I never intended to grab Anderson. I sat out over two rounds from my last third rounder until I picked at 5.14. I tried feverishly to trade up to snag Anderson to no avail. Fortunately, everybody had other holes to fill and when it finally came time for me to pick he was still there. It's all about the timing.

But I'm not "jumping ship". I was prepared to deal with this situation and have Thomas Jones as my temporary #1 back (ecch!) But Benson signing really through me for a loop and I could risk having no set running backs before long.

But I'm not "jumping ship". I was prepared to deal with this situation and have Thomas Jones as my temporary #1 back (ecch!) But Benson signing really through me for a loop and I could risk having no set running backs before long.

:D ummm, that looks like jumping ship to me. You were prepared to weather the storm, but now your not....hmmm, yep that meets my definition of jumping ship! :huh:

Hehe. Misfit > Flintstone

It's amusing to me that I could play Daunte against your 8 starters and it will still be close. But keep talking. I hope that #1 overall next year is a real doozy.

GR, offer on the site

CA: Very solid offer but I can't do it. I learned my lesson from last year how valuable draft picks are in a league like this. The #1 is too much of a price to pay considering the Denver backfield, once settled, will produce a superstar.

Miller: Can't give up LJ, but I'm very interested in obtaining broken down Priest!

It's amusing to me that I could play Daunte against your 8 starters and it will still be close. But keep talking. I hope that #1 overall next year is a real doozy.

Daunte's about the only sure starter you have.

GR, offer on the site

CA: Very solid offer but I can't do it. I learned my lesson from last year how valuable draft picks are in a league like this. The #1 is too much of a price to pay considering the Denver backfield, once settled, will produce a superstar.

Miller: Can't give up LJ, but I'm very interested in obtaining broken down Priest!

I'm open to any offers, but I'll reject anything that has to do with the Denver running game, just a heads up, I don't want anything to do with the situation.

Pretty sad state that one player, a quarterback no less in a league that doesn't favor QB scoring, is STILL better than your entire team.

We haven't had an all-defeated team before but you've easily got the best shot since the guy that traded his whole draft away for Kurt Warner.

Pretty sad state that one player, a quarterback no less in a league that doesn't favor QB scoring, is STILL better than your entire team.

We haven't had an all-defeated team before but you've easily got the best shot since the guy that traded his whole draft away for Kurt Warner.

Sorry to break this to you but Kevin Jones is worth more than Culpepper by himself :P

Sorry to break this to you but Kevin Jones is worth more than Culpepper by himself :P

Just because you gave away four quality starters for Jones doesn't mean he's as vaulable as you'd like him to be.

You can only play Green Bay & Minnesota four times in a season.