Sign in to follow this  
Mike MacGregor

Week 1 Smack!

I have no kicker, no punter, and I'm starting the unique and slightly handicapped 3-3-4 defense. I'm also looking at the GDR Matchup page and have no clue what it is trying to tell me.

All I do know is I'm up 40.1 to 20 over the Geckos. Brady to Branch baby! Whoo! :headbanger:

:clap:

What's really weird is how low GDR scored Collins vs. Brady. I had a similar matchup in another league (I had Collins and my opponent had Brady), and Collins outscored Brady by over 1 point. Scoring in that league is 6pts per passing TD and only -1pt per turnover. The QB completion efficiency is a HUGE factor in this system (wow!).

Glad I have Manning in this league. :ph34r:

I'm also looking at the GDR Matchup page and have no clue what it is trying to tell me.

:lol:

Amen to that!!!

:pointstosky:

I'm completely baffled as to how they are computing the Defensive Coverage Scoring.

Feeling pretty silly having used a FB in 50% of my formations and the Pats deemed Pass unworthy of seeing the field. There goes some points down the tubes.

Hope I'm not the only one praying that my D will keep me in games this year. :lol:

Guest TheCheat
handicapped 3-3-4 defense

I believe they prefer the descriptor "differently-abled" or "Raiders." :lol:

Thx again for spanking me in the Branch bidding war. :pointstosky: Hopefully the WRs I wound up w/ will be a'ight.

I like the greater weight for QB efficiency in this system...represents the worth of a good QB more accurately, imo.

Yeah, Pass is gonna be a tough call now that the preseason is over. There will be games where he sees significant time on the field...I'll be fockored if I know which those will be tho.

handicapped 3-3-4 defense

I believe they prefer the descriptor "differently-abled" or "Raiders." :lol:

I thought the Raiders ran the 4-4-4. :thumbsdown: :lol:

The next bidding phase will be interesting. You have to get those byes covered, flesh out the roster for the defensive and offensive formations and prepare for the injury bug.

Do the earlier minimum salary levels remain in place? Only a couple of teams can afford to spend the 6.5 mill+ for Trent Green. I kept a few extra duckets for this phase but $15.5 mil will only get me so far.

I believe the minimum salaries stay the same. I'll have $11.5M...definitely *not* what I'd been hoping to have going into regular free agency. In fact my original budget was for $90M, but getting Manning sort of (well, totally) ruined that.

I'm also looking at the GDR Matchup page and have no clue what it is trying to tell me.

:huh:

Amen to that!!!

:mad:

I'm completely baffled as to how they are computing the Defensive Coverage Scoring.

Feeling pretty silly having used a FB in 50% of my formations and the Pats deemed Pass unworthy of seeing the field. There goes some points down the tubes.

Hope I'm not the only one praying that my D will keep me in games this year. :lol:

Does anyonw know what the stuff on that page mean. I'm just looking at percentages and have no idea what they mean :lol: :lol:

Amen to that!!!

:mad:

Does anyonw know what the stuff on that page mean. I'm just looking at percentages and have no idea what they mean :lol: :lol:

The percentages mean how often those players will be on the field based on the formation usages you have set. The only weird one is HB. It will show only one % next to your starter, however that isn't the true % for that *player* unless he gets 100% of the HB snaps.

Another way to think about those percentages (other than the HB, for the reason mentioned above) is that you'll get that % of their total earned points for the week.

Give me a Z

Give me an E

Give me an M

Give me another M

Give me an I

Give me an S

What does that spell?

Hell if I know, I'm cross-eyed trying to figure out that matchup page.

Plus, I had no idea Vinatieri was a punter.

:thumbsup:

When the depth chart first came out it had my kicker in the punt spot as well (and I fixed that at the time). And when I first logged in today it had Akers as my starting P and Sauerbrun as my starting PK. :thumbsdown: Odd thing is when I clicked save-all, it went back to what it was supposed to be. Hopefully that was just a little glitch.

Amen to that!!!

:first:

Hope I'm not the only one praying that my D will keep me in games this year. :blink:

Does anyonw know what the stuff on that page mean. I'm just looking at percentages and have no idea what they mean :D :unsure:

The percentages mean how often those players will be on the field based on the formation usages you have set. The only weird one is HB. It will show only one % next to your starter, however that isn't the true % for that *player* unless he gets 100% of the HB snaps.

Another way to think about those percentages (other than the HB, for the reason mentioned above) is that you'll get that % of their total earned points for the week.

Regarding this post, it looks like they fixed the HB percentages on the depth chart screen. Sure was confusing before.

:cry:

When the depth chart first came out it had my kicker in the punt spot as well (and I fixed that at the time). And when I first logged in today it had Akers as my starting P and Sauerbrun as my starting PK. :lol: Odd thing is when I clicked save-all, it went back to what it was supposed to be. Hopefully that was just a little glitch.

My problem is that my kicker has already played, so he's locked. Unfortunately, he's also locked into the P position.

:D

When the depth chart first came out it had my kicker in the punt spot as well (and I fixed that at the time). And when I first logged in today it had Akers as my starting P and Sauerbrun as my starting PK. :headbanger: Odd thing is when I clicked save-all, it went back to what it was supposed to be. Hopefully that was just a little glitch.

My problem is that my kicker has already played, so he's locked. Unfortunately, he's also locked into the P position.

Ah jeez...I'd shoot an email to support :lol: They could ask the rest of us if we mind...I sure don't.

When the depth chart first came out it had my kicker in the punt spot as well (and I fixed that at the time). And when I first logged in today it had Akers as my starting P and Sauerbrun as my starting PK. :D Odd thing is when I clicked save-all, it went back to what it was supposed to be. Hopefully that was just a little glitch.

I am having the same problem. Hopefully we all realize this is a glitch and the scoring can be corrected later. I can get McBriar into the P spot and do a save all on the depth chart, and then on the matchup screen it shows him at P and PK. But then when I try to put Reed in the PK spot and "save all", then it reverts to McBriar at PK and Reed at P. I also tried on by clicking on the postition identifier and opening the dialogue box and reordering them, but that just reverted to the original (wrong) order every time. I hope this is an isolated glitch and we are not a looking at a whole season of issues like this. :bench:

Guest biggtyme13

no kicker no punter 1 d lineman no full back I love it. Did I mention that my dlineman was a rookie that held out most of camp ;) In wave 3 i got tricked because wave 1 and 3 i never signed my yellows so wave three i had a ton of yellows and got most of them.

Guest TheCheat

When the depth chart first came out it had my kicker in the punt spot as well (and I fixed that at the time). And when I first logged in today it had Akers as my starting P and Sauerbrun as my starting PK. :clap: Odd thing is when I clicked save-all, it went back to what it was supposed to be. Hopefully that was just a little glitch.

I am having the same problem. Hopefully we all realize this is a glitch and the scoring can be corrected later. I can get McBriar into the P spot and do a save all on the depth chart, and then on the matchup screen it shows him at P and PK. But then when I try to put Reed in the PK spot and "save all", then it reverts to McBriar at PK and Reed at P. I also tried on by clicking on the postition identifier and opening the dialogue box and reordering them, but that just reverted to the original (wrong) order every time. I hope this is an isolated glitch and we are not a looking at a whole season of issues like this. :P

My P and PK are fixed now; looks like Cam fixed it manually. If anyone else's is still messed up, I'd leave a note on the gdr tech. board.

:o

When the depth chart first came out it had my kicker in the punt spot as well (and I fixed that at the time). And when I first logged in today it had Akers as my starting P and Sauerbrun as my starting PK. :huh: Odd thing is when I clicked save-all, it went back to what it was supposed to be. Hopefully that was just a little glitch.

Ah jeez...I'd shoot an email to support :) They could ask the rest of us if we mind...I sure don't.

Yah, Cam fixed it.

I know there's gonna be all sorts of bugs with this thing this year, but so far I give the customer support an A+

Ok, I too have no idea what some of these scoring specifics are, but one thing I'd really like to know is how does a QB that throws for 280 yards, 2 TDs, and a Pick, and runs for 0 with a fumble lost score 45.5 points? :thumbsup:

I'm going to add to the pile. I've got no idea what's going on with the scoring. They have got to make some kind of GDR for dummies book.

I was skeptical as to how well my offense was gonna score and was hoping my D would help to pull me through...I wasn't far off.

Pennington BLEW under this scoring system this week and my RBs, WRs & TEs weren't great, but my D rocked. I think only one team has a better total from that side of the ball right now and I still have a main LB to go.

Gonna be a LONG season though

I was skeptical as to how well my offense was gonna score and was hoping my D would help to pull me through...I wasn't far off.

Pennington BLEW under this scoring system this week and my RBs, WRs & TEs weren't great, but my D rocked. I think only one team has a better total from that side of the ball right now and I still have a main LB to go.

you have a LB to go but I have Dawkins to go. ;)

I guess Cadillac wasn't such a bad short term investment after all. Imagine how good he'll be when he has a real O-line. :first:

You're actually third in D. The Geckos have us both.

You're actually third in D. The Geckos have us both.

Ya just HAD to kick a guy when he's down, didn' cha! I've only got a little bit to look forward to at the moment... :shocking:

I had only taken a quick look at things earlier and remembered seeing the Geckos kickin' some serious Defensive butt, missed you being a little ahead of me at that point. Dawkins vs Trotter should be a pretty interesting battle though. I'm afraid you'll take 2nd if they move through the depth chart because of no scoring for starters, thinking that the player didn't make it onto the field.

Guest TheCheat

Yeah, last I checked some games -- well, at least one game's -- def. stats (Hou./Buf.) hadn't even been loaded yet. Wouldn't be surprised to see some scores jump around a bit between now and the final report sometime Tues.

Oh, also, RotoGecko, the divisions don't appear to be the ones we set...can you adjust that? Thanks.

Yeah, last I checked some games -- well, at least one game's -- def. stats (Hou./Buf.) hadn't even been loaded yet.  Wouldn't be surprised to see some scores jump around a bit between now and the final report sometime Tues.

Oh, also, RotoGecko, the divisions don't appear to be the ones we set...can you adjust that?  Thanks.

:lol:

Damn...you're right!

I was jsut looking at some of the scores and they definitely don't match-up withthe players performance on the field. I may not be as good off as I thought for D as compared to the rest of the league :wall:

Then again, I am one of the few FF Rookies in this league (as sited by forum stats). It should just be an honor to be nominated :D

Guest TheCheat
I was jsut looking at some of the scores and they definitely don't match-up withthe players performance on the field. I may not be as good off as I thought for D as compared to the rest of the league :pointstosky:

No, your D definitely looks very strong...even after I get my remaining def. pts. and all the scoring issues shake out, you'll still have me beat there pretty good.

If you think Pennington blew, what about Culpepper? Although I did have TWO scores taken away from my Culpepper to Wiggins connection (so in other words FOUR scores taken away) due to penalties (at least one of which was a phantom penalty). :lol:

Guest rotochamp1
Oh, also, RotoGecko, the divisions don't appear to be the ones we set...can you adjust that? Thanks.

The divisions were correct when I created the league, some glitch must have reset them.

Anyway I will ask Cam if I can still move them around now that the season has started. It may not be able to be changed depending on how the schedule generator works.

Guest rotochamp1

this was the post I was working off of:

East

Boston/Back Bay, MA ~ lasallax

Boston/Somerville, MA ~ Cheat

S. Carolina ~ Thm

The Great American South (Va.) ~ Smoov

North

Leaside, Ontario ~ Mike

Cantley, Quebec ~ Blitzen

Saratoga, NY ~ biggtyme

Buffalo, NY ~ Grigs

South

Tennessee ~ SteveMy

The Great American Texas ~ stoops

The Great American Texas, Also? ~ Dan

Athens, GA ~ Wildman

West

Fresno, CA ~ A's Gate

Denver, CO ~ Tankslap

Bend, OR ~ rex

Seattle, WA ~ roto

is that what it should be? I didnt see any other post and no one emailed me anything?

Guest rotochamp1

ok guys, Cam got back to me and the divisions locked as of thursday.

so we are locked into the current division layout for this season but we can have realignment in the 2006 season.

We cannot change it this season due to conflicts it would cause with the scheduler. And we cannot have it change the week one matchups as the choices we made on scheme were based on our opponent, or at least they should have been.

...how does a QB that throws for 280 yards, 2 TDs, and a Pick, and runs for 0 with a fumble lost score 45.5 points? :thumbsup:

Has anyone figured that one out yet?

Guest TheCheat

so we are locked into the current division layout for this season but we can have realignment in the 2006 season.

We cannot change it this season due to conflicts it would cause with the scheduler. And we cannot have it change the week one matchups as the choices we made on scheme were based on our opponent, or at least they should have been.

Thx for checking. I find it hard to believe though, that they can't keep the week one matchups and simply rerun the scheduler for the remaining games. Or just set the remainder of the schedule based on the divisions manually (http://www.fflpros.com/reports/SCHEDULES/16T_2C_4D_14W.htm or http://www.fflpros.com/reports/SCHEDULES/1...4D_14W_ALT.htm).

Obviously the scoring and such is a much bigger priority, but once that's set I think this s/b addressed later this week. This is another thing the group decided to do in that thread, so it should be implemented now if we really want this to league to last beyond a year (to establish the division rivalries, etc.).

...how does a QB that throws for 280 yards, 2 TDs, and a Pick, and runs for 0 with a fumble lost score 45.5 points?  :D

Has anyone figured that one out yet?

Near as I can tell:

+18 pts for completions (26 for completions minus 8 for incompletions)

+12 pts for 2 TDs

+ 9 pts for passing yards

- 3 pts for 1 INT

- 3 pts for fumble

-----------------

+33 pts

+12.5 schema bonus

------------------

Crazy scoring system...definitely rewards QBs for efficiency, espeically in the WCO which the Titans did use. The completion bonus is kinda jacked. :doublethumbsup:

Guest rotochamp1

We cannot change it this season due to conflicts it would cause with the scheduler.  And we cannot have it change the week one matchups as the choices we made on scheme were based on our opponent, or at least they should have been.

Thx for checking. I find it hard to believe though, that they can't keep the week one matchups and simply rerun the scheduler for the remaining games. Or just set the remainder of the schedule based on the divisions manually (http://www.fflpros.com/reports/SCHEDULES/16T_2C_4D_14W.htm or http://www.fflpros.com/reports/SCHEDULES/1...4D_14W_ALT.htm).

Obviously the scoring and such is a much bigger priority, but once that's set I think this s/b addressed later this week. This is another thing the group decided to do in that thread, so it should be implemented now if we really want this to league to last beyond a year (to establish the division rivalries, etc.).

I find it hard to believe though, that they can't keep the week one matchups and simply rerun the scheduler for the remaining games. 

Why is it hard to believe. If a program is not written to be used a certain way, its not generally simple to make it do something in a different way. I am certainly not going to ask them to create a schedule manually.

It may not even be their fault. I may have entered an earlier version of the divisions, they may have been updated on the forum and I didn't realize it. I was not checking the forums here much because of all the connectivity problems the site was experiencing. so really all I know is what the current post looks like.

This is another thing the group decided to do in that thread, so it should be implemented now if we really want this to league to last beyond a year (to establish the division rivalries, etc.).

I am not sure where the fault lies in the divisions not being right but whether or not this league survives should be about the level of activity and participation, not whether or not we were each placed in the division we wanted to be in. I know I for one will not have my enjoyment dimished because the team I played was geographically inconvenient. Sure it would have been a cool little fact that we were organized by region, but seriously, how much is that really factoring in to the experience.

If we are worried about the rivalries, then leave the divisions alone next season. If geography is more important, then realign.

I'm just glad that I didn't choose my base D based on the strengths of the teams in what I thought was my division (stranglas, Carolina Boyz, Brawlers).

Enjoyment is gonna come from what we do with our new environment here, not who we are playing. It's not like any of us (that I know of) already have a bitter rivalry with another person. Take things as they are now and CREATE the animosity with your division mates.

On another note, looks as if I'll have to be happy as the 3rd or 4th best D this week as Trotter just got himself ejected fromthe game before it even started. :lol:

One thing I would like to see possibly change for next year isn't necessarily the divisions but rather the schedule.

Right now things are setup for people to play their divisional foes in the 1st three weeks of the year . :bench:

It would be nice if we could play other teams in our division TWICE and then have the other 8 games filled in somewhat randomly from the other divisions. Then we could REALLY develop some rivalries :mad:

Guest TheCheat
Why is it hard to believe. If a program is not written to be used a certain way, its not generally simple to make it do something in a different way. .

Because I work in software and know it'd be relatively easy to re-run something like that if you talk to the right developer.

I am certainly not going to ask them to create a schedule manually.

Then you certainly should have entered the divisions as the group decided. (This feels far too similar to the whole, unnecessary FAB date brouhaha -- you deciding while we're over here talking about it -- for my taste.) I don't think I need to own a site to have a vote in a league I'm in, and I would've certainly asked Cam to do so myself later in the week once they got over the scoring issues, except...

If we are worried about the rivalries, then leave the divisions alone next season. If geography is more important, then realign.

That's a very good point so, having registered my concern, I'll drop it now. [/end kevin mathis impersonation]