Sign in to follow this  
Lord4GL

Week One Discussion and Smack Talk

I figured why not talk about all the games somewhere.

I think I may have made a bone-head move. Trent Green is usually an automatic start, but I should have started Brady. :headbanger: Maybe the Jets defense has a few holes?

In another league, I decided to start Deon Branch over Rod Smith about an hour before game time. :lol: I thought he looked good.

Anyway, it was great to have football back on TV.

I will gladly take Deion's 99 and touch. He looks so good accelerating after the catch, but you can't help but notice how small he is - hopefully he can stay healthy this year.

I was hoping Collins would throw at least 3 ints against NE, but he scored much more than I thought he would - NE def didnt' look as dominating as they have the past few years.

eternal.

collins 3 tds against a top 5 defense looks pretty good to me :first: hopefully he keeps it up

Dude Collins looked terrible and so did the whole raiders offense. If it wasn't for Moss Collins would've done nothing. I'd say everyone with a Raider should be a little worried about their production, including me with Moss.

I didn't think Oakland looked that bad. Their line opened some good running lanes and they did ok against a decent defense. I would be concered about Collins though. He seemed to lock on to his receivers and rarely checked down. Porter was a non-factor. Hopefully he will recover from his hamstring before I need to start him. Penalties really killed them.

I didn't think Oakland looked that bad. Their line opened some good running lanes and they did ok against a decent defense. I would be concered about Collins though. He seemed to lock on to his receivers and rarely checked down. Porter was a non-factor. Hopefully he will recover from his hamstring before I need to start him. Penalties really killed them.

It seemed like everytime Collins dropped back to pass New England guys were on his ass.

I love Fantasy Football, but I do appreciate a good game too.

Dude Collins looked terrible and so did the whole raiders offense. If it wasn't for Moss Collins would've done nothing. I'd say everyone with a Raider should be a little worried about their production, including me with Moss.

Almost everyone understands (or should understand) that kerry collins is not a very good QB. But as far as fantasy goes this year I believe that the people who drafted did so expecting to get exactly what they got on Thursday - Decent fantasy stats inflated because the Raiders defense is horrible. Throw in a bomb to Moss which is going to happen alot this year and you have 26 fantasy points. Some people on another board were saying that if you took away moss's big play Collin's numbers would have been horrible, but that point makes no sense - if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Expect alot of big plays to Moss this year because teams will always try to put pressure on Collins possibly leaving lighter coverage. He simply can't handle a rush at all. At times he did look horrible but last I checked completion percentage never effected the fantasy boxscore. The real thing you have to worry about Collins is when he starts having 3 int games. (Same problem I'll have with Brett) :headbanger:

eternal.

It sucks to have the 2nd highest scoring team of the week and lose. Still have a small chance but not likely. :D

It sucks to have the 2nd highest scoring team of the week and lose. Still have a small chance but not likely. :rolleyes:

It's by no means over. But I do agree, that whoever loses between me and you will have the second highest points in the league.

It sucks to have the 2nd highest scoring team of the week and lose. Still have a small chance but not likely.  :pointstosky:

It's by no means over. But I do agree, that whoever loses between me and you will have the second highest points in the league.

:pointstosky: :banana: :banana: :rolleyes: :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

Well that was a complete weekend of sh1t here. 1-3 combined (2 low scores for the league), the Eagles lose and walker is out for the season. At least it is only week one. Congrats to this weeks winners.

Well that was a complete weekend of sh1t here. 1-3 combined (2 low scores for the league), the Eagles lose and walker is out for the season. At least it is only week one. Congrats to this weeks winners.

Stunned at the outcome of my game. I thought for sure McNabb would play better. 113 points is a great way to start the season!!! :bandana: :thumbsup: