Sign in to follow this  
Dan Sez

Week 3 Weirdness

I'm happy Troy Williamson is getting some garbage time touchdowns in a week that Minnesota gets completely owned. Whats up with Minny's OL? lets skip the Its Sucks bit, I already get that. Did losing Burk mean that much to them?

wow.

Freaking Travis Henry gets suspended for 4 weeks just continues my spiral into fantasy hell. At least next week, Thomas Jones returns from a bye to reclaim his spot as my top Running Back.

Sammi Parker put in another no-show this week too. I thought KC spread the ball around. Apparently to everbody but guys on my roster.

Mentioning losers, didnt' KC choke at home this week? How many weeks do you put on the McNabb Hernia watch? Too bad TO can't have a Neck hernia - bastage piece of crap.

What was the silliest thing that happened to your lineups this week - besides maybe starting a bye player. Whatzupwiddat?

To me it was how Drew Bres lit up New England. I benched him this week thinking on the road, unfriendly environment, yadda, yadda yadda and Baltimore facing a castrated NYJets team, certainly A.Wright would have his single decent game of the year. Should have stayed in the Bres - unless injury or bye occures, he will be the man the rest of the year. Sorry I ever doubted you Drew.

I'm happy Troy Williamson is getting some garbage time touchdowns in a week that Minnesota gets completely owned. Whats up with Minny's OL? lets skip the Its Sucks bit, I already get that. Did losing Burk mean that much to them?

wow.

Freaking Travis Henry gets suspended for 4 weeks just continues my spiral into fantasy hell. At least next week, Thomas Jones returns from a bye to reclaim his spot as my top Running Back.

Sammi Parker put in another no-show this week too. I thought KC spread the ball around. Apparently to everbody but guys on my roster.

Mentioning losers, didnt' KC choke at home this week? How many weeks do you put on the McNabb Hernia watch? Too bad TO can't have a Neck hernia - bastage piece of crap.

What was the silliest thing that happened to your lineups this week - besides maybe starting a bye player. Whatzupwiddat?

To me it was how Drew Bres lit up New England. I benched him this week thinking on the road, unfriendly environment, yadda, yadda yadda and Baltimore facing a castrated NYJets team, certainly A.Wright would have his single decent game of the year. Should have stayed in the Bres - unless injury or bye occures, he will be the man the rest of the year. Sorry I ever doubted you Drew.

Didn't see the Atlanta game. Did Atlanta blitz on every down? Count me amongst those who hope Minny rights its ship.

I thought Brees may be a one year wonder but San Diego has to think about what they do with him. He's got game. That being said, I think NE may have run out of miracles while patching up their team. "Working as a team" will only take you so far when the talent level really decreases.

On KC, I think you're seeing the real value of Roaf. Normally Green doesn't have to even think of his blind side. I'm guessing he is now.

I am in the mode of "dump Tice" with Minnesota. They can stink it up until game 9 or 10, dump Tice and then start getting on track. A lot of good fantasy stats come from teams that "stink it up" so this isn't player hating.

I only hate a few players (TO).

How Bout Them Cardinals! Put the wood to San Fran and we finally got to see Alex Smith get on the field. It's going ot be a long year for them (YEAH). There are only a few teams I hate (PHI,WAS,SF).

Still can't help but like McNabb - keeping his head with the cancer(TO) and playing through pain. I wish he was on a team with human fans.

From Wire Reports....

Word out of Greely, CO (Home ofthe Fightin Whities) is that Peyton Manning has demanded that he be traded or given his outright release. Manning has come under much scrutiny after throwing just 2 TD passes prior to getting benched in Week 4. In a postgame interview Manning was asked why he was replaced by Drew Bledsoe in the starting lineup. "How the hell should I know? Its like the inmates running the asylum around here these days. I'm the franchise player on this team and they bench me in favor of a has been that is 4 years past his prime. It just doesnt make sense. If this is the way the organization is going to treat me, well then I'd rather go pay for a team who can appreciate what I bring to the team."

When asked for comment, Owner/GM/Head Coach Scatterjack said, "Look here, I am going to put the team on the field that I feel gives my team the best chance to win. The last 2 weeks Peyton Manning was playing more like Nancy Manning and I thought this was the right move given our week 4 matchup. We won the [expletive] game. I did my job. If Peyton is not happy, then we will certainly entertain offers for him."

This is certainly not over. Look for this situation to continue as long as Scatterjack keeps Bledsoe in the lineup. Look for the debate to rage on in the court of public opinion as Scatterjack's coaching methods have always been far from normal.