Sign in to follow this  
Grigs Allmoon

Another site screw up...

When I went to bed Monday night I had a win. I check in now to see I have a loss, and some of my starters were switched. Did this happen to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it?

I've noticed that my starters have changed on Tues if some of the starters didn't earn any stats during the game. Was this the case or were players with points changed around?

GDR has always stated that scores aren't final until mid/late Tues as they wait to get the stats in. Then add in the statement above about players moving up the depth chart if they haven't earned stats, and it can have an effect.

Example:

Original Starter: TE - Chris Baker, NYJ = 0 pts

Possible Replacement: TE - Matt Jones, JAC = 6 pts

Not sure if this is the case here but it is possible. You had an extremely close game and six points could've made a difference.

I've noticed that my starters have changed on Tues if some of the starters didn't earn any stats during the game. Was this the case or were players with points changed around?

GDR has always stated that scores aren't final until mid/late Tues as they wait to get the stats in. Then add in the statement above about players moving up the depth chart if they haven't earned stats, and it can have an effect.

Example:

Original Starter:  TE - Chris Baker, NYJ = 0 pts

Possible Replacement: TE - Matt Jones, JAC = 6 pts

Not sure if this is the case here but it is possible. You had an extremely close game and six points could've made a difference.

No, that wasn't the case for me. I had Shaun McDonald in at WR who scored, but Booker got swapped in, who didn't score. Faulk got put in at RB, Dunn at KR, and I think a IDP or two got swapped, too.

Guest TheCheat

Have you reported this to GDR support and/or on their board?

If not, I think you should do so ASAP, as I remember something about a deadline as to when a result can be challenged.

Have you reported this to GDR support and/or on their board?

If not, I think you should do so ASAP, as I remember something about a deadline as to when a result can be challenged.

To be honest, I'm not sure I care enough to spend time trying to fix this. This league (Read: format) has been a bit of a let down. I've been trying to stay active, but it's far from the most fun league I'm in this year. And, it seems like some, if not many, others have already bailed.

No, that wasn't the case for me. I had Shaun McDonald in at WR who scored, but Booker got swapped in, who didn't score.

Sorry, but this actually looks right to me. According to ESPN (Shaun McDonald-ESPN) McDonald didn't contribute at all in the game, whereas Booker caught a ball.

Faulk got put in at RB

Unless you set HB Management to 100% on Dunn (HB1), Faulk was bound to be inserted.

Dunn at KR

This one doesn't really matter 'cause no one that could have scored as a KR would have given you points.

and I think a IDP or two got swapped, too.

Nothing to really say here. IT looks as if you could have gotten an additional 4 points if some of your players were in different depth slots, but thats about it.

Not attacking ya' here Grigs, just trying to say that maybe the system is working the way it's supposed to. Sad to hear that some of the people here are so down on the system. I agree that it needs tweaking but really like the depth that it is going in to.

No, that wasn't the case for me. I had Shaun McDonald in at WR who scored, but Booker got swapped in, who didn't score.

Sorry, but this actually looks right to me. According to ESPN (Shaun McDonald-ESPN) McDonald didn't contribute at all in the game, whereas Booker caught a ball.

Faulk got put in at RB

Unless you set HB Management to 100% on Dunn (HB1), Faulk was bound to be inserted.

Dunn at KR

This one doesn't really matter 'cause no one that could have scored as a KR would have given you points.

and I think a IDP or two got swapped, too.

Nothing to really say here. IT looks as if you could have gotten an additional 4 points if some of your players were in different depth slots, but thats about it.

Not attacking ya' here Grigs, just trying to say that maybe the system is working the way it's supposed to. Sad to hear that some of the people here are so down on the system. I agree that it needs tweaking but really like the depth that it is going in to.

My bad on the McDonald thing. I thought he had 5 for 55 that week.

Anyway, why does the "system" change my lineup?

From what I've seen thusfar, whenever your "Starter" doesn't score points the system moves your starter to the bottom of the depth chart and bumps everyone else up. It'll either put in the next man down the line that scores a point or , if no one else has scored anything, enter the last one on the depth chart. It makes it possible to get points from every position even if you get hit by the whole Questionable injury status.

I'm sure that most Dillon owners in classic FFB woulda loved something like this last week. ;)

I had the same issue...I had McNair as my starter--I forgot to switch Orton as my injury replacement. Monday night, it showed Orton as my starter.

From what I've seen thusfar, whenever your "Starter" doesn't score points the system moves your starter to the bottom of the depth chart and bumps everyone else up. It'll either put in the next man down the line that scores a point or , if no one else has scored anything, enter the last one on the depth chart. It makes it possible to get points from every position even if you get hit by the whole Questionable injury status.

I'm sure that most Dillon owners in classic FFB woulda loved something like this last week. :wacko:

That's cool... :first: sort of...

Two weeks ago I had Benson ahead of Thomas Jones because Jones was injured. I didn't get a chance to change it last minute Sunday morning. Benson got zero but stayed in my lineup. Unfortunately had him at 45% useage too. Doesn't look like it would have made a difference in the game, but in that case should Jones have moved into Benson's slot automatically?

Guest TheCheat
From what I've seen thusfar, whenever your "Starter" doesn't score points the system moves your starter to the bottom of the depth chart and bumps everyone else up. It'll either put in the next man down the line that scores a point or , if no one else has scored anything, enter the last one on the depth chart.

Is it whether your "Starter" scores a point, or whether that player actually enters the game?

If Benson took the field the week Mike's talking about, that'd explain the non-switch despite the 0, but I'm not certain how this works either.