Sign in to follow this  
thedanzone

Commentary Round 3

Clarett was the other guy I considered at 2.12.

I'm a bit suprised he lasted this long. At the same time I'm not sure I should have risked taking him, but it's 3.01 in a focking rookie draft man.

I'm a bit suprised he lasted this long. At the same time I'm not sure I should have risked taking him, but it's 3.01 in a focking rookie draft man.

At this point, it's worth the risk. I am also surprised he did not go. The trade I did with Bigmarc at 2.04 specificlly said he could not draft Clarrett with the deal we had come to agreement to. I didn't want to get really screwed on the deal, otherwise I would of requested more out of him.

I am also surprised he did not go

Why is everyone surprised?

Still, it's a good spot for a what-the-hell-why-not type of pick. :unsure:

I was hoping to land both Clarett and Losman. I had a strong feeling torrid would take Losman, but I rolled with Clarett anyway.

Not even sure whop Watts is, but I drafted him LOST so it's nice to have some consistency I suppose.

Not even sure whop Watts is, but I drafted him LOST so it's nice to have some consistency I suppose.

I saw him play live in a game against Buffalo. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure he broke all of Randy Moss's records at Marshall. He was Leftwich's go-to-guy. He has a definite presence on the field. Not blazing fast. Not extremely big or strong. But he gets it done.

He hasn't faced a lot of stiff competition but I think he could pan out. Or he could suck really bad. :bandana:

I saw him play live in a game against Buffalo. :bandana:

I'm pretty sure he broke all of Randy Moss's records at Marshall. He was Leftwich's go-to-guy. He has a definite presence on the field. Not blazing fast. Not extremely big or strong. But he gets it done.

He hasn't faced a lot of stiff competition but I think he could pan out. Or he could suck really bad. :dunno:

This makes me feel somewhat justified and happy!

:thumbsup:

I was hoping to land both Clarett and Losman. I had a strong feeling torrid would take Losman, but I rolled with Clarett anyway.

D'oh! I understand your disappointment now--didn't recall you bookended me with your picks. Yeah, I wasn't going to take Clarett anyway.

D'oh! I understand your disappointment now--didn't recall you bookended me with your picks. Yeah, I wasn't going to take Clarett anyway.

salt in the open wound. :ph34r:

Its spelled Derrick! :(

I just assumed that Clemson assfock didn't know how to spell his own name.

Turner was one of the two players I would have drafted at 2.11, so I'm pleased in that regard. I guess I'll have to wait to see how my 4th round picks pan out, but I'm pleased with this pick.

I think Turner has some upside and was projected by many to go in the 2nd or 3rd round. I think his draft status suffered a bit from playing at a small school. If he went to a team in need of RB help, he's suddenly an early 2nd round dynasty pick.

LT2 isn't Superman and the NFL running back position always brings surprises. You never know. :(

Turner was one of the two players I would have drafted at 2.11, so I'm pleased in that regard. I guess I'll have to wait to see how my 4th round picks pan out, but I'm pleased with this pick.

I think Turner has some upside and was projected by many to go in the 2nd or 3rd round. I think his draft status suffered a bit from playing at a small school. If he went to a team in need of RB help, he's suddenly an early 2nd round dynasty pick.

LT2 isn't Superman and the NFL running back position always brings surprises. You never know. :(

I like the pick a lot. I believe LT2 has 1 year left on his contract (maybe 2 though), and I doubt he resigns with SD - why should he?

If he had been drafted by Denver, he's a top 5 pick in this rookie draft.

V4E is one crafty son of a gun.

indeed, nice pick - he never even came to mind as someone to draft... I looked at all the FAs pre-rattay injury and forgot about Dorsey completely.

I was considering trading up to get Dorsey, but decided against it.

Not to often you get a player who has an excellent chance of starting in the 3rd round of a rookie draft. :(

It looks to me that Jordan is on his way out of Jet town, Ward might just get some playing time, we'll see.