Sign in to follow this  
Einer

Yahoo and Aaron Brooks

Yahoo has projected Aaron Brooks to get 250 passing yards, 2 TDs, 1 Int, 30 rushing yards, and 0.3 rushing TDs. Does anyone (even New Orleans fans) think that actually sounds realistic? This is the second-highest projected fantasy score among all quarterbacks!

I realize St Louis has a horrible pass defense, but it seems like every week the pundits are beating up on Brooks for a mediocre or bad game. Did I miss some value someplace, or did the Yahoo pundits totally blow this call?

Whats the big deal? Will this prevent you from waking up on monday morning?....

Heh. And that would be New Orleans fan #1 to enter the thread.

I'm just curious if many people think Aaron Brooks actually has potential to perform well, even against only bad defenses. I've heard nothing but bad things this season, and I didn't pay enough attention to really remember the buzz from previous seasons.

Aaron Brooks is my #1 buy-low candidate at this point. The media is down on him, the Saints are bad... And he'll absolutely kill you in at least 2 more games this year. But for the other 9 weeks, he's going to put up VERY respectable numbers, especially if you can live with 2 INTs and a 55% completion rate.

He'll be the 11th-14th best QB in most scoring formats; maybe better if you account for his rushing numbers. If you're currently starting a guy like McNabb, Bulger, or Green, Brooks is worth a look as cheap insurance.

And read some stuff about STL's defensive scheming under Vitt... Brooks should have a huge week; this is the simplest coverage system in the league... From Pasquarelli's Tip Sheet:

"No one can fault St. Louis interim coach Joe Vitt for streamlining things in an effort to cut down on mental errors and improve communication. But one Rams defender told us before the contest, at the team hotel, it was the "skinniest" game plan he had seen since joining the team, with only three or four coverages installed. Clearly, for Manning, it was like reading a primer. "They mostly stayed Cover 2 the whole game, and I'm glad, because, when they're moving (strong safety Adam) Archuleta all around, it can be real pain," Manning said. " http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/sto...&CMP=ILC-INHEAD

... of course the same could be said about the NO-GB game, and Brooks was terrible there. But he's got a great shot at good #s this week.

i think he's a great QB, using him this week cuase bulger is out. I dont' think its unrealistic that he passes for 300 yds this week

Guest Loose Circuits

I am starting him over a MOssless Collins, but kind of skeptical about it. I started him week 5, and had to endure an awful game v the Pack where he got benched for the 2nd half. I am hoping he redeems himself...