Sign in to follow this  
DamageIncVacc

Nate Burleson

Maybe I will play it safer and go with Brandon Jones.

The Pioneer Press reports Vikings head coach Mike Tice said Nate Burleson (knee) will play in Week 7, but he is not ready for a full game. "I don't think he could take a 12-play drive," Tice said. "I think he's going to have to pace himself a little bit. Get himself a good spurt of plays, and then take himself out and let the pain go away, and then go back in. I think that's how he's going to have to handle it."

The sporting news sees it differently

Nate Burleson - WR, Minnesota

Coach Mike Tice told the St. Paul Pioneer-Press that Burleson (knee) will play Sunday, but that he isn't ready to "go a full game."

Fantasy Source spin: If you're planning on starting Burleson -- and that isn't a bad idea against the Packers -- don't worry too much. He simply will need a breather every now and then during Vikings' drives. He shouldn't sit for any extended periods of time

if the guy has had 5 weeks to recover and still sketching on this fool....I'd stay far away from this Lame.

don't start nasty nate unless you have too...when tice said moss would be "limited" last year he didn't hardly play worth shiat... :lol:

Vikings | Burleson to Play. Not Ready for a Full Game

10/22/2005 6:06:00 AM

Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, report Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice said Friday, Oct. 21, that WR Nate Burleson (knee) will play Sunday, Oct. 23, but he is not ready for a full game. "I don`t think he could take a 12-play drive," Tice said. "I think he`s going to have to pace himself a little bit. Get himself a good spurt of plays, and then take himself out and let the pain go away, and then go back in. I think that`s how he`s going to have to handle it."

Who is starting him??? I'm not sure yet...if I am or not. I'd hate to start him then pull a Joe Horn and injure himself again then sit out the second half of the game. I can't afford to get a fat 0 this week out of 1 of my receivers like last week.

FVCK IT! i am starting him i like him better than coles this week vs the falcons D. CPeP needs to have a big one this week.

Actually, I am starting Coles over him. The Falcons are a good Fantasy D, but absolutely allow Passing production. Also, if you look, Vinney has been up against TB and the Bills the past 2 weeks, so you shouldn't have expected much out of Coles. I think he will have a decent day.

I just checked the dictionary and it defines Mike Tice.

Mike Tice: Liar

Never believe anything that guy says. :unsure:

You sure it didn't say stupid?

Heres what Nate said: Oct 21 Vikings receiver Nate Burleson, who is probable for Sunday's game against the Packers with a sprained posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, was able to practice on Thursday, reports the St, Paul Pioneer Press. "At times I felt 100 percent, and at times I felt a little tweak," he told the paper. "Obviously, I'm not going to be 100 percent at all times. But those times when I don't feel it, I can't complain." Burleson hasn't played since week two's loss to the Bengals.

Views: Fantasy owners can safely use Burleson this week. He will suit up and play against the Packers, a team he lit up for 110 yards and a score last time he faced at the Metrodome.

Seems like at times he feels good and at other times he is hurting a bit. He'll probably play 50 to 75 percent of the O plays I'm thinking to slowly work him back. I'm starting Coles over Nate b/c I just don't think hes completely ready. I think next week he should be good to go.

Was Nate on the boat? 

reports i've read say yes.

I am hoping he has a breakout game and then I'm trading him.

Also MIN plays tough DEF in wk 15 & 16

I just checked the dictionary and it defines Mike Tice.

Mike Tice: Liar

Never believe anything that guy says. :angry:

I thought he was under pencil-eared moron

T. Taylor :D

I've got Horn, Burleson, Houshmandzadeh, Engram, Gabriel, B. Jones, and Heap (WR and TE together). Gotta start Gabriel and B. Jones but unsure of the 3rd. Burleson or Houshmandzadeh?

Burleson or Houshmandzadeh?

same dilemma.

totally up in the air about it as of now (it doesn't help that Housh goes against Pit while Burleson has GB)