Sign in to follow this  
Larry smackahoe Johnson

With Julius Jones out this sunday

Look for Barber 3 to get the majority. Sources (Fanball, KFFL, Dallascowboys.com, me) are saying he has picked up the offense better and Parcell's said he is starting to be "the guy." As in, one of his guys......a guy that can be very useful. TT makes too many mistakes and A-train is done, stick a fork in him. He looks really slow.

I would avoid this situation from a fantasy aspect.

Parcells seems to go with the hot hand. Last week he started A-Train, who did okay for a few series. Thompson got into the act for a little bit, and then Barber got hot. The team has three decent backup RBs, so I suspect that's the way it's going to be .. true RBBC. My gut feeling is that Barber will get more carries than anyone else. He's faster than A-Train and pass blocks MUCH better than Thompson. He's kind of a middle ground between those two backs. He's also a good receiver.

A-train is done, stick a fork in him. He looks really slow.

Actually, I just finished watching last week's game with all of the commercials edited out. A-Train really didn't look too bad. He had a couple of nice runs. Barber did look better, but bear in mind that he didn't get in the game much until the fourth quarter, when the Giants defense was probably wearing down a bit.

Parcells seems to go with the hot hand. Last week he started A-Train, who did okay for a few series. Thompson got into the act for a little bit, and then Barber got hot. The team has three decent backup RBs, so I suspect that's the way it's going to be .. true RBBC. My gut feeling is that Barber will get more carries than anyone else. He's faster than A-Train and pass blocks MUCH better than Thompson. He's kind of a middle ground between those two backs. He's also a good receiver.

I agree with all of that. I am really high on this Barber kid, I heard a lot about him in the off season. I think Parcells likes him too. Seattle sucks against the run and if he gets hot, he could have a nice game.

I would just stay away from Dallas RBs this week. I think all of them will get almost the same number of carries.