Sign in to follow this  
Elon

Blocked Field Goal

I just got home from the Eagles game. I've had season tickets for 10 years now.

I know the offense blew today, but between stopping LT and and the blocked field goal, that was probably one of the top five games I saw in philly.

Yes, I was there when they beat the Falcons and the 4th and 26, game and both those ranked higher.

I seriously want to rip apart the scheduler for the NFL this year. Nobody, NOBODY can complain about their schedule, except of course for the chargers. I am so SICK of every team getting a bye week before they play my team. What did we do to warrant such punishment? Does the NFL want to punish san diego for not putting up that new stadium? So we are gonna get the worlds worst schedule and have a losing season, so the chargers leave san diego?

Sorry for the tirade, but ######, that eagles game just piles onto our misfortune. And the fumble to end the game was like a knife through my heart. The only reason it got ruled a fumble is because the NFL wants the refs to let the iffy fumbles play, and let it go to review. Such BS. Damnit, i hated that game

Eagles were very lucky to win today. The defense came to play, and they basically won it for them.

I'm really getting sick of the focking offense. I hate the offense!!!!!!! :pointstosky:

They cannot play offense that way and expect to win, especially with the meat of their division schedule coming up.

I understand that the team is not built to run. But WTF, Andy abandons the run after one 2 yard carry!!!!!!!

Special teams play seems to be in order again, and both lines played well. The linebackers had an especially strong game, and really took LT out of the game.

Eagle fans should not brag about this game......at all.

If the fans had any sac, they should make it a point to voice their displeasure with Big Red in any public forum they can find.

That is all. I feel better now. :headbanger:

Guest Karim Abdul-Jabbar

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Karim Abdul-Jabbar
I seriously want to rip apart the scheduler for the NFL this year. Nobody, NOBODY can complain about their schedule, except of course for the chargers. I am so SICK of every team getting a bye week before they play my team. What did we do to warrant such punishment? Does the NFL want to punish san diego for not putting up that new stadium? So we are gonna get the worlds worst schedule and have a losing season, so the chargers leave san diego?

Sorry for the tirade, but ######, that eagles game just piles onto our misfortune. And the fumble to end the game was like a knife through my heart. The only reason it got ruled a fumble is because the NFL wants the refs to let the iffy fumbles play, and let it go to review. Such BS. Damnit, i hated that game

P.S. That was a fumble, stop lying to yourself.

Shut up, sh!tball. It was a fumble, the referee called it a fumble, and the replay showed it a fumble.

Take it to the "no one focking cares about your opinion" bored, m-kay. :bench:

It was a good game, the defense picked up the offense. Eagles fans have all the right to brag about the game, there were a lot of heroics to be proud of. I just hope McNabb's arm doesn't fall off this year with him throwing 50-60 times a game.

Eagles were very lucky to win today. The defense came to play, and they basically won it for them.

I'm really getting sick of the focking offense. I hate the offense!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

They cannot play offense that way and expect to win, especially with the meat of their division schedule coming up.

I understand that the team is not built to run. But WTF, Andy abandons the run after one 2 yard carry!!!!!!!

Special teams play seems to be in order again, and both lines played well. The linebackers had an especially strong game, and really took LT out of the game.

If the fans had any sac, they should make it a point to voice their displeasure with Big Red in any public forum they can find.

That is all. I feel better now. :huh:

Hey, a win is a win. It was an ugly win, but the good teams find ways to win. The defense finally figured out how to stop the run. Who would have thought that they'd shut down LT so thoroughly? I don't think anybody saw that coming. They gameplanned really well for the game. They basically just committed everything to stopping LT and forced the passing game to win the game for the Chargers. While the Chargers got a few long passing plays, Brees mostly just got rattled from all of the blitzes and made poor throws.

The offense definitely sucks though. The entire offense is made up of screen passes to Westbrook and Owens being able to make plays. If I were a defensive coordinator, I'd honestly think about going with a 2-6-3 defense against the Eagles. At the very least I'd be dropping a DE or bringing up a safety on every single play.

Eagles fans have all the right to brag about the game, there were a lot of heroics to be proud of.

Bullspit. They were very fortunate to win that one yesterday.

I compare yesterday's game with the Giants game in the Meadowlands a few years back. Westbrook's punt return saved the season. QM's block and Ware's return may have saved the season here.

Yesterday's offensive performance was, well, offensive. You think Reid would have learned from the SB loss (throwing 50 times in a game doesn't mean you're gonna score 50 points).

All we are saying is give the run a chance.

Eagles were very lucky to win today.  The defense came to play, and they basically won it for them.

I'm really getting sick of the focking offense.  I hate the offense!!!!!!! :lol:

I understand that the team is not built to run.  But WTF, Andy abandons the run after one 2 yard carry!!!!!!!

Special teams play seems to be in order again, and both lines played well.  The linebackers had an especially strong game, and really took LT out of the game. 

That is all.  I feel better now.  :D

Hey, a win is a win. It was an ugly win, but the good teams find ways to win. The defense finally figured out how to stop the run. Who would have thought that they'd shut down LT so thoroughly? I don't think anybody saw that coming. They gameplanned really well for the game. They basically just committed everything to stopping LT and forced the passing game to win the game for the Chargers. While the Chargers got a few long passing plays, Brees mostly just got rattled from all of the blitzes and made poor throws.

The offense definitely sucks though. The entire offense is made up of screen passes to Westbrook and Owens being able to make plays. If I were a defensive coordinator, I'd honestly think about going with a 2-6-3 defense against the Eagles. At the very least I'd be dropping a DE or bringing up a safety on every single play.

Walker's return definitely had an impact. Walker, Rayburn, and Thomas all play the run extremely well in the middle.

Trotter and Adams played extremely well, as did Kalu and Kearse. Kearse was definitely a disruptive force yesterday.

Hell of a game although i'm feeling more relieved than excited. We got away with one that's for sure. The running game is really starting to bother me. Was Josh Parry the right choice at fullback over Jon Ritchie this season ? How shaky does Donavan look, and why doesn't he run just a little bit?I know he's hurting but he can still run side to side pretty well. And if he refuses to run, then at least be smarter with the ball. I know it's not cool to critique my team that just pulled out an amazing win, but as an Eagles fan i expect big things this year, and we are not headed in that direction. :lol:

I was at the game yesterday and that block FG was amazing.

Yes the defense won it for them. Great job. A+ for the Def.

On to the offense :ph34r: - I'm really starting to hate that Offense :headbanger: McNabb is looking like the McNabb of a few years ago. 2 yard dump.....3 yard dump..etc. :lol: When it's 3rd and 1 yard and you pass the ball :thumbsup: WHY - NO RUNNING GAME :D And you want more money Westbrook!!!!...prove it by running for a yard for the first. 25 freaking rushing yards yesterday....PATHETIC!!!! They need to learn how to start running the ball more.

Another thing I was confused about. The refs were flag happy yesterday...why not throw it deep to Owens or Lewis and try and get a pass interference call??? They were throwing flags at everything else so they probably would have called that too. Their lack of rushing and deep ball is going to hurt them in the long run. Can't keep dumping the ball for 2 or 3 yards every play and expect to win.

P.S. - PLEASE put Stephen Spach :D on the practice squad.

Chargers lost that game three times:

1. By Shotty playing conservative, being more than happy to settle for a FG when he had a chance to put them away.

2. Having said FG blocked and returned.

3. That fumble (yes, it was a fumble).

Brees and the passing attack was the only thing the Chargers had working for them all day and Shotty pussed out on it when it mattered most...and the Chargers are the best losing team in the NFL. Terrible scheduling.

Hell of a game although i'm feeling more relieved than excited. We got away with one that's for sure. The running game is really starting to bother me. Was Josh Parry the right choice at fullback over Jon Ritchie this season ? How shaky does Donavan look, and why doesn't he run just a little bit?I know he's hurting but he can still run side to side pretty well. And if he refuses to run, then at least be smarter with the ball. I know it's not cool to critique my team that just pulled out an amazing win, but as an Eagles fan i expect big things this year, and we are not headed in that direction. :wall:

Parry was the only option. Ritchie's pretty much done. If he were healthy, he would be playing for someone else, and he's not.

Alot of the problem has to do with Reid's pass play calling takes alot of the aggressiveness out of the o-line.

Just once, I would like to see the Eagles come out and establish the running game. Let the big dawgs eat up front on the o-line, let them get after somebody and make a statement.

Next week's game is gonna be a tough won, but one that they can win.

It was a VERY close call, and I totally understand why they let the call on the field stay-as they should have.....but in reality, I would have to disagree, and assert that it was not truly a fumble....

It was a VERY close call, and I totally understand why they let the call on the field stay-as they should have.....but in reality, I would have to disagree, and assert that it was not truly a fumble....

Here fishy fishy. :wall: