Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Saints got screwed!

Again

Ernie Conwell was down on his back and some Ram took the ball away and ran it back

Sucks for Haslett and the Saints

Yep. Looks like instant replay rules may be tweeked this offseason.

surprised haslett kept his composure there in the press conferene. That's 2 games the refs have killed them

surprised haslett kept his composure there in the press conferene. That's 2 games the refs have killed them

It bad enough all the crap they have to deal with this year.

Complete B.S.!!!!

No Deuce, no Horn, both starting safties out......

Not only do the Saints have to battle the opposing team every week but they will have to start gameplanning for the refs!!!!

That play killed me. I put 7 points on the Saints in a confidence pool. A score whould have killed any Rams momentum. I was very suprised to hear no mention of the botched call on any post game reports. Why wasn't there a booth review. Luckily the Saints will get a letter of apology on Tuesday. Like that will help. Thank you NFL officials. Get your ###### together. Had that been the Colts or Patriots that would have been reviewed before the play even ended. Haslett needs to speak up.

Wasn't every one complaining a few weeks ago that the Saints were getting every call because their houses were gone. You guys need to make up your minds. Are they gonna get screwed every week or is their opponent going to get screwed?

I can't figure this out. :banana:

I also believe they got screwed. Focking refs

:o :o

How can they call that play an interception. We give -3 pts. for int returned for a TD. It will cost my game. If anything it should be a fumble return. Anyone else agree?

:o :o

How can they call that play an interception. We give -3 pts. for int returned for a TD. It will cost my game. If anything it should be a fumble return. Anyone else agree?

No. The only way he wasn't down by contact would be if the ref decided he never had control of the ball, therefore no fumble, therefore an interception.

I agree it was a horrible call. But the lesson here is, dont waste your timeouts and then you could have challenged the play.

Well, at least that will put to rest the theory that the NFL wants to giftwrap victories for the Saints this season so they have a sappy-licious underdog story in connection with Hurricane Katrina. :pointstosky:

I agree it was a horrible call. But the lesson here is, dont waste your timeouts and then you could have challenged the play.

Wouldn't have mattered. The play occurred with under 2 minutes left, so the coach wouldn't be allowed to challenge. It would had to have been reviewed by the booth.

Edit - Ignore me I'm stoopeed. :pointstosky:

Again?

His whole "That was a Chickensh!t call" tirade was ridiculous. It was embarrasing to grown men everywhere. They intentionally drew up an illegal play to block a kick and then he b!tched and moaned like a 3 year old because the ref threw a flag.

Dear Haslett:

#1) You cheated

#2) You got caught

#3) It cost you the game

I thought it was doubly childish to then cry about the fact that "Atlanta did it". C'mon, only a teenager would use that as logic. "Billy did it and didn't get in trouble, why can't I?"

Wouldn't have mattered. The play occurred with under 2 minutes left, so the coach wouldn't be allowed to challenge. It would had to have been reviewed by the booth.

Thats incorrect. The play started before the 2 minute warning....Therfore the review was up to the coach. It goes by when the play started, not ended.

nope, the play started with 2:10 left, the rule is the play must start with 2:00 or less and then the booth has to review it. The zero time outs was the killer! :pointstosky:

Thats incorrect. The play started before the 2 minute warning....Therfore the review was up to the coach. It goes by when the play started, not ended.

I was just going to say the same thing.

Guest librahi

wrong my friend, it is only AFTER the 2 minute warning that the booth reviews it. this was right before, at 1:55 (which turned into the 2 minute warning). the saints were out of timeouts, that's why they couldn't review it....

Geez, you guys really know how to pile on! :D My bad, I thought I saw the clock under 2 minutes, but that may have been after Furrey already made his way into the endzone.

In this case, yeah, it's too bad Haslett didn't spare a timeout, especially since he had to have been a little paranoid about the officiating after last week's debacle. Still, the referees screwed up this call big time. Conwell was already down well before he had the ball taken away from him.

Geez, you guys really know how to pile on! :blink: My bad, I thought I saw the clock under 2 minutes, but that may have been after Furrey already made his way into the endzone.

In this case, yeah, it's too bad Haslett didn't spare a timeout, especially since he had to have been a little paranoid about the officiating after last week's debacle. Still, the referees screwed up this call big time. Conwell was already down well before he had the ball taken away from him.

wow I guess you wont make that mistake again :pointstosky:

Again?

His whole "That was a Chickensh!t call" tirade was ridiculous. It was embarrasing to grown men everywhere. They intentionally drew up an illegal play to block a kick and then he b!tched and moaned like a 3 year old because the ref threw a flag.

Dear Haslett:

#1) You cheated

#2) You got caught

#3) It cost you the game

I thought it was doubly childish to then cry about the fact that "Atlanta did it". C'mon, only a teenager would use that as logic. "Billy did it and didn't get in trouble, why can't I?"

no it was a bullsh1t call

especially since it did not change the kick in any way

Wasn't every one complaining a few weeks ago that the Saints were getting every call because their houses were gone. You guys need to make up your minds. Are they gonna get screwed every week or is their opponent going to get screwed?

I can't figure this out. :pointstosky:

I also believe they got screwed. Focking refs

Hey moron, :STFU:

TIA

Again?

Dear Haslett:

#1) You cheated

#2) You got caught

#3) It cost you the game

Hey dumas, see my post above. :mad:

TIA

Hey dumas, see my post above.  :mad:

TIA

Truth hurts?

Haslett didn't even have a legitimate argument. Did he say they didn't do anything wrong? No. They cheated and got pissed that they got caught. They intentionally put a defender in front of the ref so that he wouldn't see it... but another did & threw the flag. It was a designed ILLEGAL play. He should be fined for calling it.

You obviously don't have any idea what they did or you'd STFU; Anyone that would argue this point is either ignorant and doesn't understand what they did or a cheating ass. One or the other, plain & simple.

Which are you?