Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Thomas Jones pounds out 140 vs. the Ravens?

The Ravens defense is very overrated right now. The fact that their focking offense can't stay on the field isn't helping. :bench:

The rain might have helped, but Jones looked very good today. Very good. Yes the Ravens defense is overrated (Suggs made a couple of really bad plays) and they do miss Reed a ton, but they are still a top ten defense. I like Thomas Jones a lot, he's a stud. Ced Benson, ehh, wtf was that?

Today was the last time I start KJ or TJ. Went for the matchup and got hosed. TJ is in my line-up for as long as he stays in Chi-town's line-up.

The Ravens defense is very overrated right now. The fact that their focking offense can't stay on the field isn't helping. :(

:pointstosky: :headbanger:

Regardless of the defense, TJ is a STUD right now. The line for Chicago is a very good running line right now and TJ is just seeing the holes and blasting through them. He looks sooo good running with the ball.

As a Bears fan, TJ is the best back since Neal Anderson and it ain't close. Benson can be a high-upside backup for now and the near future :headbanger:

T freakin' J! :pointstosky:

I have a nice delimna with bye weeks over, now I have to choose 2 between Westbrook, Tiki, and TJ (FWP will remain :headbanger: )

The Ravens defense is very overrated right now. The fact that their focking offense can't stay on the field isn't helping. :o

wrong. :o Ravens had #2 D coming into todays game. Ravens D is legit. I watched the game. Both D's looked every bit as advertised.

Then again, I cannot for the life of me remember two more pathetic Offensive displays ever. Pathetic.

Props out to TJones. What a warrior.

The Ravens defense is very overrated right now. The fact that their focking offense can't stay on the field isn't helping.  :pointstosky:

wrong. :D Ravens had #2 D coming into todays game. Ravens D is legit. I watched the game. Both D's looked every bit as advertised.

Then again, I cannot for the life of me remember two more pathetic Offensive displays ever. Pathetic.

Props out to TJones. What a warrior.

You're probably right. I mean, it's not like I have season tickets and watch every game or anything.

They were playing against a team with one - ONE - weapon, and they couldn't stop him. Their defense would have annihilated that offense in years past.

I didn't say they suck, because they obviously do not, but they are not playing nearly as well as they traditionally have.

I think the scouts that said Hartwell was better than Ray Ray were right.

Just think. If he had a real QB he might even score a TD every 120 yards.

Even without one he is. He has 6 TD's on the season.

And zero in games where I start him. :pointstosky:

I have a nice delimna with bye weeks over, now I have to choose 2 between Westbrook, Tiki, and TJ (FWP will remain :pointstosky: )

That's a tough one! Westbrook has to stay in your lineup at this point though. Tiki may rack up more on the ground, but today was his first game with more than 2 rec's. Westy had 10! He had a couple tough games but I would stick with him. As you can see by my sig I'm all over both bandwagons though! Especially seems how they are both on my dynasty team as well!

at this point, TJ is a MUST-START... 2 TD's/game from here on out... :pointstosky:

I think the scouts that said Hartwell was better than Ray Ray were right.

Hartwell had been a disappointment in Atlanta before he got injured.

Is Baltimore still trying to run that new defensive scheme?

Last game I watched them play was vs Indy and it didn't

look so bad in that game considering who they were playing

although they did seem to tire late in the game (pathetic O!)

Jones really has been great this year. I still can't believe what

I read from an analyst 2 weeks back (when Jones's knee was a

little bruised) who wrote that Benson may start and could steal

the starting job if he tunred in a strong performance, against

Cleveland no less. He has a legitimate shot at the rushing

title for god's sake.

The only disappointment so far with TJ has been CHI getting

cute when they've got 1st and ten near the opponent's 10.

Why they run all the way down the field effectively and then play

action pass to score is beyond me (kind of reminds me of CAR).

It isn't like the running game hasn't been real effective. Why

risk a pick with a relatively green QB (not that I have anything

against Orton, he's been okay). Just a minor complaint I guess

which I shouldn't even make. For what TJ cost me for draft picks

he's been a gem.

The Baltimore Defense is the only thing on my fantasy squad that has been a complete disappointment.

Six weeks ago, I would have never dreamed of benching JLew for Thomas Jones. Lucky this wasn't six weeks ago. TJones might get me the win afterall.

The only disappointment so far with TJ has been CHI getting

cute when they've got 1st and ten near the opponent's 10.

Why they run all the way down the field effectively and then play

action pass to score is beyond me (kind of reminds me of CAR).

It isn't like the running game hasn't been real effective. Why

risk a pick with a relatively green QB (not that I have anything

against Orton, he's been okay). Just a minor complaint I guess

which I shouldn't even make. For what TJ cost me for draft picks

he's been a gem.

Great F-in question. Give TJ the rock. Doesn't he have unheard of red zone stats or something... I seem to remember someone posting that somewhere.

Other than TJ's performance that was likely the ugliest game of professional football I have seen. yikes....

I didnt see the game, but last year vs Dallas on Thanksgiving was the worst professional game that I ever saw. I find it hard to believe that this game could have been worse.

Excellent win to get back to .500. TJ is da man!

Keep in mind, the Ravens are god-awful, I mean really-really bad. Many are still holding on to the historical notion that they are an elite defense, and trust me they are not.

Their adoption of the 46 defense has been a total disaster, and you couple that with the injuries and you have a less than mediocre defensive team. I would suggest always starting your players against that D....

And zero in games where I start him. <_<

Who do you keep starting over him? The guy is a top 10 RB at this point...

Keep in mind, the Ravens are god-awful, I mean really-really bad. Many are still holding on to the historical notion that they are an elite defense, and trust me they are not.

Their adoption of the 46 defense has been a total disaster, and you couple that with the injuries and you have a less than mediocre defensive team. I would suggest always starting your players against that D....

Until this game, they had been pretty stout against the run.

And zero in games where I start him. :thumbsup:

Who do you keep starting over him? The guy is a top 10 RB at this point...

Top 5 actually...right behind Lamont

And zero in games where I start him. :thumbsup:

Funny - he has 0 Tds for me too.

I have played TJ, Dunn and FWP as my #2 Rb behind LT2. I have been playing matchups and doing pretty well. The trio has 680 rushing yards for me through 6 games (plus 133 from Dunn tonight) - not bad for a #2.

Thomas Jones is for real. He just needs to handle the grind and stay healthy the entire season. Benson is looking like a real bad pick for us now. Jones has great speed and hands. GO BEARS!!!

I made the balsy move and benched TJ and started MeMo this week. It worked out well since MeMo got 100 yds and a score. Luckily MeMo got the late reception for a TD. TJ next week though baby! Wish I would have started him last week when he was questionable.

Orton is starting to get a bit better so TJs stats will only go up now. I wish he'd see a few more screens though.

IClight

Keep in mind, the Ravens are god-awful, I mean really-really bad.  Many are still holding on to the historical notion that they are an elite defense, and trust me they are not.

Until this game, they had been pretty stout against the run.

They are falling to pieces, literally. Now with RayRay and Reed out, they are going to start the spiral.

just one more step into the Lienhart sweepstakes :angry: