Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

Pinned:Ahman Green severly injured quad tendon

Hey, Hey, Hey......Good Bye.

Ahman Green is officially done for the year.

Well, not officially, but it didn't look good when it happened. I think it's over for him this year.

Hey, Hey, Hey......Good Bye.

Ahman Green is officially done for the year.

Not official, but it didn't look good when it happened. I think it's over for him this year.

Not just him either. Down to Driver, Antonio Chatman and Jamal Jones at WR. Fisher and Rashard Lee at RB. Lose safety Nick Collins. They are finished. They'll be hard pressed to win two more games this season.

Guest Giants Rule 04

Man, it just doesn't look like the Packer's year. However, someone has to win that lousy division. My money is on the Bears. :banana:

Bless Green's heart and I wish him the best; but I'd ALMOST be relieved to drop his ass if it's deemed he'll miss significant time. I'm tired of dreading benching him and crossing my fingers it's not the week he goes off. With the Packer passing game and offensive line in disarray; it's beginning to look like a long season in Green Bay.

Bless Green's heart and I wish him the best; but I'd ALMOST be relieved to drop his ass if it's deemed he'll miss significant time. I'm tired of dreading benching him and crossing my fingers it's not the week he goes off. With the Packer passing game and offensive line in disarray; it's beginning to look like a long season in Green Bay.

It looks like it will be a while

Ahman Green out for the season

Running back Ahman Green, injured in the loss to the Vikings yesterday, will miss the rest of the sesason with a ruptured tendon in his thigh, the Green Bay Packers announced today.

Wide receiver Robert Ferguson, who injured his knee and ankle in the game, is expected to miss two to four weeks.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/daywatch.asp#11163

Ahman Green out for the season

Running back Ahman Green, injured in the loss to the Vikings yesterday, will miss the rest of the sesason with a ruptured tendon in his thigh, the Green Bay Packers announced today.

Wide receiver Robert Ferguson, who injured his knee and ankle in the game, is expected to miss two to four weeks.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/daywatch.asp#11163

rot roh: looks like mike williams could catch five-year man, fergie!!!

doh!

ouch.... He is out. I feel sorry for the GB. first Walker and now green. It's just not their year. I hope B. farv stay healthy. I offered a trade last week A. smith for A. Gree and guy denied it and I am glade he did that.

Green Bay - Green Bay Packers running back Ahman Green will undergo surgery to repair a ruptured right quadriceps tendon and will miss the rest of the season, coach Mike Sherman announced today.

Green injured his thigh in the Packers’ 23-20 loss to the Minnesota Vikings Sunday at the Metrodome and was taken off the field on a cart. After the game, Green did not know the severity of the injury, but test results today showed he had suffered a torn tendon.

According to Sherman, Green, 28, will have a shot at recovering in time for the start of next season. However, Green is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the season and his future with the Packers is up in the air.

Green was in the midst of his worst season since joining the Packers in 2000 and was on pace to finish with fewer than 1,000 yards for the first time since his trade from Seattle to Green Bay. In five games, he had 77 carries for 255 yards and no touchdowns, averaging a career-low 3.3 yards per carry.

Green first hurt his thigh against Carolina Oct. 3, but after sitting out the New Orleans game and then getting another week off with the bye, he looked strong in practice. He carried 16 times for 49 yards against the Vikings before going down and clutching his knee area on a fourth-quarter run.

According to Sherman, the rupture occurred in the same place the previous injury happened.

The Packers intend on signing a running back to replace Green, but they were still in the process of considering their options. Sherman said Tony Fisher would take Green’s spot in the starting lineup and ReShard Lee would become the backup.

The Packers lost backup Najeh Davenport to a season-ending broken leg two weeks ago against New Orleans. They’re only other running backs on the roster are fullbacks Vonta Leach and William Henderson. Recently added Sam Gado, a 5-10, 226-pound rookie, is on the practice squad.

Meanwhile, Sherman said that receiver Robert Ferguson has a sprained lateral collateral ligament and would be sidelined two to four weeks. The Packers are in the market for a wide receiver and one of the players they will consider is former Philadelphia Eagles veteran Freddie Mitchell, who is currently unsigned.

The Packers are down to three receivers on their roster: Donald Driver, Antonio Chatman and Jamal Jones.

Green will become the Packers’ sixth player to go on injured reserve this season, joining Davenport, receivers Javon Walker and Terrence Murphy, running back Chaz Williams and linebacker Kurt Campbell.

There is no possible way Green comes back to the Packers next year.

As a Favre owner, my fear is that the Packers go completely in the tank, and the possibility of seeing Rodgers playing a few games towards the end of the season is now there.

OLD news -- I caled this almost 3 years ago !

degenerative knee condition

:ph34r:

and to think people here thought i made that stuff up 3 years ago :rolleyes:

and to think people here thought i made that stuff up 3 years ago :rolleyes:

Ruptured thigh tendon = Degenerative knee condition? :rolleyes:

and to think people here thought i made that stuff up 3 years ago  :pointstosky:

Ruptured thigh tendon = Degenerative knee condition? :banana:

the thigh bone's connected to the knee bone. :rolleyes:

and to think people here thought i made that stuff up 3 years ago  :thumbsup:

Ruptured thigh tendon = Degenerative knee condition? :cry:

the thigh bone's connected to the knee bone. :lol:

the knee bone's connected to my.........Hardy-har-har-har