Sign in to follow this  
Grind

Harrington Supporters

Not that the Lions really put up a ton of points, but it was obvious Garcia is a much better NFL QB then Joey. Of course, that probably says more about Joey's lack of skills then Garcia's abundance of skills. Garcia made plays. Joey can't make plays. Garcia completed over 65% of his passes and has nearly a 10 yards per pass completion ratio (which seems about double that of Joey "check down"). Oh...for the Joey apologists. Roy Williams and Charles Rogers didn't play and K. Johnson left fairly early. A fella by the name of Scotty Vines played a whole lot of the game. Same O. Line too. I guess I'll wait for comedy central when all the Joey supporters and apologist show up with their reasoning.

Almost forgot. The guy opposite of Scotty Vines was Mike Williams, who hasn't played much at all this year after sitting out and not playing football at all last year.

I will be the first to admit, that I thought Joey had the weapons to have a great year, but focking failed. I was wrong for the first time evah!

At least I didn't get to draft him in any leagues! :pointstosky:

Still here.

We have seen this QB how many time's now? New QB step's in and it's all good for a few game's and snap right back to the norm. Plenty more wrong with this team than the QB.

Talk to us when Garcia faces a better defense that isn't ranked 28th and decides to rush more then 3 people. Same stupid Bryson draw play's, same ol Mooch and because Garcia made a couple of play's everything's all better? I'm pretty sure the Bears will rush more than 3 and Garcia will be lucky to avoid yet another injury.

In a few week's they will be calling for Garcia's head just like the rest...

:pointstosky:

I'm continuing to stash him on my roster for next season, when Richard Vermeil of KC gets his opportunity to teach the kid to play.

Vermeil has flatly stated (when KC attempted to trade for him in the preseason) that he feels that Joey has been mismanaged, and that all he needs a clean slate and a little mentorship from someone besides dink and dunk Mariucci.

clevelands defense is pretty bad. I don't think Garcia is good either, they both are done, stick a fork in them both, next year it will be time to usher in the Orlovsky era.

I'm continuing to stash him on my roster for next season, when Richard Vermeil of KC gets his opportunity to teach the kid to play.

Joey is praying for that trade also.

Still here.

We have seen this QB how many time's now? New QB step's in and it's all good for a few game's and snap right back to the norm. Plenty more wrong with this team than the QB.

Talk to us when Garcia faces a better defense that isn't ranked 28th and decides to rush more then 3 people. Same stupid Bryson draw play's, same ol Mooch and because Garcia made a couple of play's everything's all better? I'm pretty sure the Bears will rush more than 3 and Garcia will be lucky to avoid yet another injury.

:mad:

That is a couple more plays then Joey has made this year and probably in his career. I've always said that about Joey. If EVERYTHING is perfect around him, he can do well. How often is everything perfect in the NFL from play to play? The thing with Joey is that he can't (or hasn't shown that he can) make a play on his own. Ever heard of the term playmaker? Now what would be the term for the exact opposite? That would fit Joey perfect.

clevelands defense is pretty bad. I don't think Garcia is good either, they both are done, stick a fork in them both, next year it will be time to usher in the Orlovsky era.

That is pretty much my estimation for DET. DanO will be starting by misseason next year. May get a start or two late this year of things continue to go badly.

harrington supporters?

urban legend

I would say the same thing, but I've seen them. They're out there.

harrington supporters?

urban legend

I would say the same thing, but I've seen them. They're out there.

Count me, count me!

...hey, wait a minute. Thats not a good thing, is it?

harrington supporters?

urban legend

There is a Harrington supporter every sunday at the sport bar i go to watch football. He yelled for Joey every time that Garcia made a bad play. There is probably 100 people every sunday and he is the only lions fan at the bar so he sticks out.

Harrington played against:

Baltimore

Chicago

Carolina

Tampa Bay

Garcia player against:

Cleveland

yea, um, OK

joey's done in detroit. i was one who tried to say give him this fourth year and see what happened, but it became obvious after the first few games this year he didn't progress like needed.

and yes, garcia made several key plays at key times today that harrington would not have made. no question.

garcia gives the lions the best chance to win now.

their defense has given up only 1 offensive td per game in each of the last four games.

just an fyi...

their defense has given up only 1 offensive td per game in each of the last four games.

just an fyi...

I will actually agree with you on that...Romeo has done a heck of a job with that defense this year.

just an fyi...

they gave up 3 verse greenbay i think

yea garcia is done too, i think having schlesinger back made him look a bit better cause there was actually some type of time to throw

Baltimore

Chicago

Carolina

Tampa Bay

Garcia player against:

Cleveland

yea, um, OK

:sleep:

Baltimore

Chicago

Carolina

Tampa Bay

Garcia player against:

Cleveland

yea, um, OK

Urban Legend???? I think NOT!!! They're out there.

Apparantly these individuals think Harrington has never played a bad defense before. Of course, in those games, they will go to the supporting cast as the reason Joey sucked. It's a never ending apology.

yea garcia is done too, i think having schlesinger back made him look a bit better cause there was actually some type of time to throw

did you watch the game? garcia made something out of nothing all day long (especially on the endzone play where he avoided the safety and threw for a first down).

the lions o-line "suddenly" gave up no sacks yesterday. gee, isn't that interesting. the reason they didn't give up any sacks is because garcia was much more mobile than harrington and made plays on the run. harrington's poor decision making exacerbated the line issues.

garcia certainly isn't a long-term solution. and i certainly don't see any lion fans hailing him as some savior. but if you watched the game yesterday (and i suspect you didn't) there is no denying the lions are right now a much, much better football team with garcia in there than with harrington. night and day difference (and it has nothing to do with the stats).

and i was a harrington supporter heading into this season.

I defended Joey Harrington earlier this year, not because I thought he was a good qb, but because I felt he was treated differently than some of the other qbs out there that are not performing. I still believe that in the right situation, someday he may be a starting qb again in the league.

I will admit that Garcia did some things on Sunday that Harrington is not capable of. Interestingly enough these things are what won the game for Detroit. Perhaps a scrambling, roll-out type passer is what makes the West Coast offense tick. I was impressed with his performance overall and think that when he gets the tempo down (after being away from the game for 2 months) the Lion's offense will continue to improve. With that being said, its a scary thought the Lion's are 3-3 with the way they have performed on offense this year. Says a ton about their defense.

I defended Joey Harrington earlier this year, not because I thought he was a good qb, but because I felt he was treated differently than some of the other qbs out there that are not performing. I still believe that in the right situation, someday he may be a starting qb again in the league.

I will admit that Garcia did some things on Sunday that Harrington is not capable of. Interestingly enough these things are what won the game for Detroit. Perhaps a scrambling, roll-out type passer is what makes the West Coast offense tick. I was impressed with his performance overall and think that when he gets the tempo down (after being away from the game for 2 months) the Lion's offense will continue to improve. With that being said, its a scary thought the Lion's are 3-3 with the way they have performed on offense this year. Says a ton about their defense.

I've been saying it for a long time and said it above. If everything is absolutely perrfect, then Joey Harrington can succeed. The fact is that games aren't perfect and most plays within the game aren't perfect. He doesn't or hasn't shown any ability to improvise. Harrington is the perfect example of a Tedford system QB, which masked his abilities going from Oregon to the NFL.

Joey Harrington = Ryan Leaf with more chances to start

I like that suggestion that some reader wrote into ESPN.com's Sports Guy last week--namely, Joey should change his name to Albert as it seemed to work for Mr. Belle.

I know there are more Joey apologist/supporters out there. Hey now, don't be shy, let us hear your battle cry. "J"-----"O"-----"E"-----"Y".

From a bear fan's perspective, there was absolutely no worries with Joey in there. With our D and his lack of mobility and indecisiveness, they were licking their chops going up against him.

With Garcia, he has that running ability and experience that can create time against an aggressive D. He is absolutely more of a threat to the Bears than Joey was.

The next Chi/Det matchup will be a much bigger challenge.

Vermeil has flatly stated (when KC attempted to trade for him in the preseason) that he feels that Joey has been mismanaged, and that all he needs a clean slate and a little mentorship from someone besides dink and dunk Mariucci.

Good Point. I've heard too many people say..."but Mariucci was Brett Favre's QB Coach, and look what he did with him"...

Favre woulda been a Hall of Famer regardless of who his QB Coach was. Just like so many around the league, Mariucci was given a career off of Brett Favre's arm.

I know there are more Joey apologist/supporters out there. Hey now, don't be shy, let us hear your battle cry. "J"-----"O"-----"E"-----"Y".

I'm not a big supporter of Harrington or anything...but you seem to really :( hate this guy. Did he beat you up when you were kids or something...did he make sweet love with your sister...what's the deal man...there's more to this than youre letting on

I know there are more Joey apologist/supporters out there.  Hey now, don't be shy, let us hear your battle cry.  "J"-----"O"-----"E"-----"Y".

I'm not a big supporter of Harrington or anything...but you seem to really :pointstosky: hate this guy. Did he beat you up when you were kids or something...did he make sweet love with your sister...what's the deal man...there's more to this than youre letting on

I don't hate Joey Harrington. I don't hate anyone, but I am close to hating all the individuals who consistantly make excuses for a grown man's failures. I have NEVER seen, been around, or heard of an individual who had so many people making excuses for his inabilities to perform a function, whatever that function may be (in this case being a QB in the NFL). First it is this. Then it is that. Then it is this again and that again. I guess I don't like excuses and Joey has been given way too many when it is quite obvious the guy isn't that good. I say he is half way between a second string NFL QB and third string NFL QB, depending on which team he is on. I'm not saying Garcia is going to be great by any means. I'm just saying that Joey Harrington isn't very good. He can play when every single thing goes exactly right. Outside of that, he can't improvise or make a play on his own, which is crucial to handling the speed of the game from the QB position.

excellent. sounds like vermeil has a nice woody going for him and will cough up some draft picks :pointstosky:

sounds good to me.