Sign in to follow this  
Jasn777

Gabriel

Just wondering if there are any oakland homers here or anyone that knows more about this guy, picked him off of waivers and started him this week...did well for a FA...

as being a 3rd WR on the team...would he be your 3wr or flex(4th WR)?

3rd WR's in Oakland have done ok in the last few years.. 600 yards and 5 td's is in his range. Doug is a streaky guy. Next week he will get you a 0...I wouldnt use him everyweek but while they have injuries i would. Nice bye week fill in and trade bait :banana:

Guest 00ITR499
3rd WR's in Oakland have done ok in the last few years.. 600 yards and 5 td's is in his range. Doug is a streaky guy. Next week he will get you a 0...I wouldnt use him everyweek but while they have injuries i would. Nice bye week fill in and trade bait :thumbsup:

How is this guy trade bait? He was waiver wire fodder not too long ago and with so many injuries to starting WRs, new commodities emerge on the WW each week.

3rd WR's in Oakland have done ok in the last few years.. 600 yards and 5 td's is in his range. Doug is a streaky guy. Next week he will get you a 0...I wouldnt use him everyweek but while they have injuries i would. Nice bye week fill in and trade bait :thumbsup:

How is this guy trade bait? He was waiver wire fodder not too long ago and with so many injuries to starting WRs, new commodities emerge on the WW each week.

Because he's the new #2 WR in a pretty strong offense to go along with Moss? Because he has great hands and speed? Two solid weeks in a row...he is definitely tradable right about now.

3rd WR's in Oakland have done ok in the last few years.. 600 yards and 5 td's is in his range. Doug is a streaky guy. Next week he will get you a 0...I wouldnt use him everyweek but while they have injuries i would. Nice bye week fill in and trade bait :unsure:

FYI, for those of us paying attention, we grabbed him up when Curry re-tore his ACL and noticed that Porter was struggling.

Then when CBS recommended him as an add, he was already on my roster.

Helps to take chances in this game - otherwise you're fighting with the other lemmings when the news breaks. :mad:

3rd WR's in Oakland have done ok in the last few years.. 600 yards and 5 td's is in his range. Doug is a streaky guy. Next week he will get you a 0...I wouldnt use him everyweek but while they have injuries i would. Nice bye week fill in and trade bait :mad:

Because he's the new #2 WR in a pretty strong offense to go along with Moss? Because he has great hands and speed? Two solid weeks in a row...he is definitely tradable right about now.

I'm high on the guy too, but he is most certainly not, "the new #2 in a pretty strong offense to go along with Moss". :unsure:

Jerry Porter is the #2 WR in Oakland until further notice. If Porter continues to struggle and Gabriel continues to play well, that might change - but right now, he is 3rd on the depth chart.

I've got both Gabriel and Hakim on my team... Who do you think has a better chance of producing the rest of the year? Horn and Moss should both be starting next week, correct? I'm not sure either of these guys will be start worthy unless somebody gets injured. THOUGHTS?

I've got both Gabriel and Hakim on my team... Who do you think has a better chance of producing the rest of the year? Horn and Moss should both be starting next week, correct? I'm not sure either of these guys will be start worthy unless somebody gets injured. THOUGHTS?

I dont think Horn will play in week 8. Wish he would :pointstosky:

unpossible to say, since they are both somewhat dependant on injuries to give them playing time.

That said, it appears that Gabriel will continue to be a focal point in the Raiders offense even if Moss comes back 10% because Porter isn't getting it done.

But then, Stallworth isn't exactly a model of consistency either, so Hakim could continue to see his role expend even when Horn returns.

Either way it's a crap shoot. Slight edge to Gabriel because his QB is more consistent.

As long as Moss is hurting, Gabriel is a good pickup in a pinch or to fill a spot. He will not be a guy you can rely on though. In watching that game yesterday, I now feel better about the reasons why they held onto him and Curry. That WR core is possibly the deepest in the league right now. You have one full on stud (Moss), one guy who can be a stud any given week but usually puts up decent numbers (Porter) and 2 guys who can make a tough catch and move the chains in Curry and Gabriel. Gabriels appeal is the blazing speed he has and his size, he could very well displace Porter at some point, but not for a year or two depending on how much playing time he gets.

JP.. hear me now son, you better start living up to your contract or they will look to move you. Johnnie Morant can fill the 4th spot if they decide that Gabriel is ready to make a move and be the other guy not named Moss.

3rd WR's in Oakland have done ok in the last few years.. 600 yards and 5 td's is in his range. Doug is a streaky guy. Next week he will get you a 0...I wouldnt use him everyweek but while they have injuries i would. Nice bye week fill in and trade bait ;)

I'm high on the guy too, but he is most certainly not, "the new #2 in a pretty strong offense to go along with Moss". :o

Jerry Porter is the #2 WR in Oakland until further notice. If Porter continues to struggle and Gabriel continues to play well, that might change - but right now, he is 3rd on the depth chart.

Yeah 3rd on the depth chart...what I meant was the #2 WR fantasywise - which he is now.

TRADE HIM NOW! (while u can get something).

That's funny. I traded Porter after week 1 and grabbed Gabriel. Gabriel is hungry. Porter is a primadonna who is counting his $. Gabriel looks like a #2 borderline #1 receiver.

I saw this game...he made some sick grabs. also, Porter dropped a TD pass.

I saw that. He was counting his Ben Franklins and the ball got in his way.

I picked him up as an insurance policy to Moss and will keep the rest of the season because I dont like Moss as he has been getting injured the last two seasons. Gabriel will produce with or without Moss. I could see Moss getting hurt at the end of the season and not getting back on the playing field if the Raiders are out of it. If youre a Moss owner and you have space for Gabriel I would grab him ;)

I drafted Gabriel before last season at the start of a new dynasty league and been setting on him ever since. I think the kid has game but needs some help to become a starter. It will be hard to put Porter on the pine due to the $$$ he makes.

he made a sick catch yesterday, and he has a tonne of upside, but i dont trust kerry, this is probably his last year as a starter before andrew walter takes over as qb for oakland next year, if your in a dynasty stay well away, morant will take his place in that, even this year im not so sure, i hope im wrong, he wont get endzone looks with anderson/moss/lamont around, hell if porter cant get endzone looks how will he, good flex play tho

Two words why he'll keep up his production......

"Porter Sucks"