Sign in to follow this  
desertfire

Ahman Green has no heart, no passion

I'm sick of Green this season. He runs with no passion, no heart and no fire whatsoever!

He has so much ability and talent and yet he plays like he could care less.

you do know he is probably out for the year don't you?

I don't know why anyone even bothered drafting him any more than a #3 RB after what he did last year and the pathetic O line he was set to have this year

Just for Ahman Green to get out there shows a lot. He still had not recovered from the quad tendon he strained a few weeks ago, but he went out and played anyways. It's a tough deal in the NFL - you know just about every running back in the NFL is a walking bruise at this point in the season and it's very easy to just take some games off to recover - like Chris Brown, Fred Taylor (esp. earlier in his career), etc. Playing through pain takes guts and it's self-less since these guys are going to get paid whether they play or not - so he definitely took one for the team this weekend...I've heard his injury could possibly be career-threatening...this might be it for Ahman Green as a starter in the NFL.

That's funny, considering most of the press who covered the game mentioned that Green ran hard all day. Huh.

Green ran his ASS off this past Sunday and for that he's out for the year. You're a focking herb, please kill yourself.

Talk about putting your foot on someone's throat when they are down!

Looks like you are pissed about his production this year. I guess you didn't do a very good job predrafting because I had Green way down on my list due to the possibility of a poor year (team is older; Green stat line in 2004; OLine issues; GB D giving up points making Favre throw, etc, etc, etc).

If his career is over he sure did have some fine years in GB. I know he helped me win my Super Bowl three years ago when he was expected to have a bad year.

I'm sick of Green this season. He runs with no passion, no heart and no fire whatsoever!

...he says as he sits typing at his computer.

:thumbsup:

and you're not doing the same??????

I'm a professional athlete and I know lack of passion when I see it. I'm not talking about last weeks game, I'm talking about the entire season.

I've always had a ton of respect for Green. Doesn't play hard?.......I'm not a Packer fan, but to say something like that is ridiculous.

:doublethumbsup:

I'm a professional athlete and I know lack of passion when I see it. I'm not talking about last weeks game, I'm talking about the entire season.

Let me guess. Professional curler? National Rocks, Papers, Scissors Championship participant? Rhythmic Gymnastics? This ought to be good...

Let me guess. Professional curler? National Rocks, Papers, Scissors Championship participant? Rhythmic Gymnastics? This ought to be good...

HEY .... don't knock Rock, Paper, Scissors!! :thumbsup:

Just for Ahman Green to get out there shows a lot. He still had not recovered from the quad tendon he strained a few weeks ago, but he went out and played anyways. It's a tough deal in the NFL - you know just about every running back in the NFL is a walking bruise at this point in the season and it's very easy to just take some games off to recover - like Chris Brown, Fred Taylor (esp. earlier in his career), etc. Playing through pain takes guts and it's self-less since these guys are going to get paid whether they play or not - so he definitely took one for the team this weekend...I've heard his injury could possibly be career-threatening...this might be it for Ahman Green as a starter in the NFL.

Definitely agree with you. I would bet that if Davenport were still healthy, Green would not have played this week, or at best, would have been the back-up.

The guy was playing for one last contract, and now that looks like it could be in jeopardy (along with his career).

It's a shame what happened to him yesterday (although his injury assured me a fantasy victor-ee).

I'm a professional athlete

that you Buffington?

If you were a "professional athlete" (I didn't know pocket ball had a professional league), you would know what he did this year would affect his next and final contract of his NFL career.

Liar, liar, pants on fire. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Um, yes I'm doing the same, but I'm not typing how a real professional athlete is running without 'passion' (whatever that means)

Guest TheCheat

Captain Allen? :hopeful:

Me too, i'm a former NFL player who retired 2 years ago. Who am i? :rolleyes:

This is perhaps the most ridiculous thread I have ever seen. Ahman Green has never lacked heart or passion.

What I think you are confusing here is his current abilities vs his heart. Ahman has taken a couple of thousand hits from professional defensive players when you count playoff and preseason. This doesn't even factor in the hits that he took at Nebraska. Quite simply his body is breaking down.

Maybe you are 15 years old and haven't had your body tell you no to anything yet, I don't know. Age gets to everyone.

National Rocks, Papers, Scissors Championship participant?

They did a feature on that on CNN....I cannot believe that is an actual event!? There is guy that is the two time defending champ. WTF :rolleyes:

:pointstosky:

You're a professional athlete...or you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

I bet your wife knows lack of passion when she sees it as well!

having athletes foot does not make you a professional athlete.

IT"S OFFICAL....GREEN DONE FOR THE YEAR!!!!

having athletes foot does not make you a professional athlete.

you should pee on that in the shower... sounds gross but works better than BOOM! tuff actin tinactin

:pointstosky:

Captain Allen? :hopeful:

:banana:

If it's not Capt Allen, it's another fisherman.