Sign in to follow this  
Third Down Blitz

Reason St. Louis Won

ESPN Article

St. Louis Rams head coach Mike Martz tried to relay a play-call suggestion during Sunday's victory over the New Orleans Saints, but was rebuffed by president of football operations Jay Zygmunt, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Martz, who's home resting and receiving treatment for a bacterial infection of the heart valve, tried to suggest a play through a team official for offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild to run in New Orleans territory. That official, the paper reported, was denied access to the coaching booth by Zygmunt.

Martz did make a surprise visit to the team on Saturday for their 8 a.m. meeting.

"I was shocked," defensive lineman Tyoka Jackson told the paper.

"Everybody was kind of looking around the room," safety Mike Furrey told the Post-Dispatch. "And then you hear this voice as he comes in. ... It was great to see Coach Martz."

The visit is believed to be Martz' first since Oct. 10, when he left for the hospital with a bacterial infection of the heart valve.

"He looked a lot better," Jackson told the paper. "He told us he was going to get some tests, and he said he felt better."

Martz only spoke to the team for a few minutes and hasn't been seen by the players since.

:rolleyes: :unsure: :)

So he wasn't responsible for calling the end-around in the redzone this time?

So he wasn't responsible for calling the end-around in the redzone this time?

hahahahaha, worse play ever. you would have thought they learned their lesson after the jackson fumble, but now, they run that stupid sh%t again. i guess that's what you sign up for when you draft Rams.

I heard he threw the "Red Flag" at the TV on one of the calls. :unsure:

Guess the refs didn't see it...Thank God!